Marius Zaliukas signing talks - (Official)

WilliamFyfe

Changing the entire mentality of a club is easier said than done especially when they have a notoriously impatient fan base used to success.

How people could expect a club on it's knees, with no direction in the boardroom and no money, to have the "perfect opportunity" to completely change into something stronger and better than it was before is beyond me.

I don't believe McCoist thinks we can take risks right now. I also think he'd absolutely fuckin' love to, but there's just not enough stability at the club for it.

Get us back into Europe, back to a sound financial footing, then the risks will and can be taken and you might get that change of mentality that's eluded the club for far longer than McCoist has been in charge. Until then, it's about making sure we get there as quickly as possible.

Agree with much of this but given the vast difference in resources we have over everyone bar Celtic then consecutive promotions and progression into the CL should have been easily achievable anyway. Developing a style of play whilst looking beyond our next couple of games isn't asking too much.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing the entire mentality of a club is easier said than done especially when they have a notoriously impatient fan base used to success.

How people could expect a club on it's knees, with no direction in the boardroom and no money, to have the "perfect opportunity" to completely change into something stronger and better than it was before is beyond me.

I don't believe McCoist thinks we can take risks right now. I also think he'd absolutely fuckin' love to, but there's just not enough stability at the club for it.

Get us back into Europe, back to a sound financial footing, then the risks will and can be taken and you might get that change of mentality that's eluded the club for far longer than McCoist has been in charge. Until then, it's about making sure we get there as quickly as possible.

I hope you're right, but I really don't think things will play out like that. If there was time to revamp our media and employ people such as Traynor to head the new media campaign, then I think there was an ability to put in place an infrastructure comparible to smaller scottish teams. But, like I said, hope you're right.

Excellent post, mate.

I think you've got it right there.

What's the exp<b></b>ression about 'eating your words'?

McCoist's signings:

Nicky Clark, signed last year aged 23.

Nicky Law, signed last year aged 25.

David Templeton, signed in 2012 aged 23.

Dean Shiels, signed in 2012 aged 27.

Ian Black, signed in 2012 aged 27.

Cammy Bell, signed last year aged 26.

John Daly, signed last year aged 30.

Sebastien Faure, signed in 2012 aged 21.

Bilel Mohsni, signed last year aged 25.

Arnold Perlata, signed last year aged 24.

Richard Foster, signed last year aged 27.

Stevie Smith, signed last year aged 27.

Darren McGregor, just signed, aged 28.

Kenny Miller, just signed, aged 34

Kris Boyd, just signed, aged 30.

Lee Wallace, signed 2011, aged 23.

Barrie McKay, signed 2011, aged 16.

"No balance whatsoever"? Some folks have a very short memory span.

Hey "Monk", you have just been ooooooooooofted

All those proposing that McCulloch will play defensive midfield are forgetting the reason he was played at centre half last season?

Play him in the team in any position this coming season and both he and Rangers will struggle.

You're deluding yourself if you think playing him in any position is a good move.

What's the expression about 'eating your words'?

McCoist's signings:

Cribari? - Kyle ?- Simmonsen ? Some people have selective memories it seems. ;)

To be fair you make a decent point and i'm not a fan of AMC

What's the expression about 'eating your words'?

McCoist's signings:

Why you bringing facts to an argument? you know this changes nothing to the ally-bashers. They will still say he does not have a clue.

The post by "And another thing" made a cunt of your post yet you still keep digging.

I said I thought there wasn't much balance, I didn't make it clear I meant this season but so far this window there hasn't been any balance. Yes he probably is right that on the grand scheme of things Ally has made a decent range of ages in his signings but even then we haven't really signed as many young guys as we should have. Only McKay under 20 at a time which would be ideal to have picked up players like Robertson and Spittal.

I said I thought there wasn't much balance, I didn't make it clear I meant this season but so far this window there hasn't been any balance. Yes he probably is right that on the grand scheme of things Ally has made a decent range of ages in his signings but even then we haven't really signed as many young guys as we should have. Only McKay under 20 at a time which would be ideal to have picked up players like Robertson and Spittal.

Yup, left back, we shoulda focused on signing a left back