Guardian

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he not forego that bonus ?

No he didn't, he took it in full, but he`s agreed to take future bonuses based on financial performance rather than the team romping the lower leagues(out of the goodness of his heart!)

Oh, the ironing.

Was it not his money to do with as he pleased? "It is the Fans money" I hear you say.. Well, he got paid. SHOCK HORROR!! He got paid and then he went and bought himself a nice wee house. You know what?? I would probably do the same, although France is probably a poor choice of country.

Out of all the stories about syphoning money and corruption since Whyte to the present day....has ANYONE appeared in court charged with fraud.

Just saying like.

Money can be syphoned off to companies without being illegal. But just because it it not illegal doesn't mean that it has been paid out for services rendered at market prices. This is how these people make their money and screw companies for all they can.

A lot of people seem naive to this kind of practise. Money is syphoned through layers of companies until it gets to where it is intended to be, but is almost untraceable. While they can say that the IPO cost 25% as opposed to the normal 5% or so, a detailed break down would be required into what the inflated costs were for and where it went.

Big bad Charlie.

idiots lap this stuff up because they are... well...idiots.

As 1st Jan says it's his money.

That's where it doesn't add up. Wasn't it the case that he only put in about £25k but walked away with over a million or so? That million or so was fans' and investors' money. He cashed in shares that he got for fuck all, he never bought them and saw the value of them rise through normal market conditions.

Money can be syphoned off to companies without being illegal. But just because it it not illegal doesn't mean that it has been paid out for services rendered at market prices. This is how these people make their money and screw companies for all they can.

A lot of people seem naive to this kind of practise. Money is syphoned through layers of companies until it gets to where it is intended to be, but is almost untraceable. While they can say that the IPO cost 25% as opposed to the normal 5% or so, a detailed break down would be required into what the inflated costs were for and where it went.

You sound concerned

Have you emailed the fraud squad?

That's where it doesn't add up. Wasn't it the case that he only put in about £25k but walked away with over a million or so? That million or so was fans' and investors' money. He cashed in shares that he got for fuck all, he never bought them and saw the value of them rise through normal market conditions.

If that's the case, how would it be the fans or investors money??

And?

It's called capitalism and is only a problem because Murray and his supporters never got the club for the peanuts they offered.

They still don't have the money to invest now so assume they get control....what is their master plan to change things?

Couldn't agree more.

Going by accounts McCoist is just as guilty as Green if we are going to be critical of how Green made his money. End of the day he saved our club and we might not have had accounts to look at if it wasn't for him and his consortium.

No, no, no. Its one rule for the Rangers men and another rule for the rest. Do keep up.

News to me.

If he's having to manage on 200k/300k a year, perhaps we should arrange a wee fund raiser for him?

No he didn't, he took it in full, but he`s agreed to take future bonuses based on financial performance rather than the team romping the lower leagues(out of the goodness of his heart!)

I'm sure I read Mather saying somewhere that Stockbridge would waive his bonus. Apologies if I've got that wrong.

Couldn't agree more.

Going by accounts McCoist is just as guilty as Green if we are going to be critical of how Green made his money. End of the day he saved our club and we might not have had accounts to look at if it wasn't for him and his consortium.

In reality its around about 2 million v 3 million pounds for similar financial input. Green probably brought in more investment than McCoist so the difference is probably justified.

As mentioned in the recent Board statement -

Mr Murray negotiated Mr Green’s compromise agreement and signed it off.

So the bold Charlie received a payment of over 200k after negotiation..

One can only wonder what Charles initial claim for severance would have been, as sure as the sky is blue MM wouldn't have negotiated it in the direction Mr Green was after.

Heard Keech last night saying that Stockbridge's bonus as finance director (?) in fourth tier was greater than any of the players were on if we had beaten Zenit and won a Europen trophy - completely and utterly indefensible.

Kind of puts it in perspective, eh?

I personally don't think it does. Using a similar comparison you could say Gareth Bale is 56 times better than Lee Wallace based on their transfer fees? The way I see it If someone is willing to pay crazy sums of money then I find it difficult to lay any blame with the recipient.

Brian Stockbridge is not a Rangers fan. He has no emotional ties to us and when he joined us i'd presume it was merely a job to him. Nothing more and nothing less. He was offered a ridiculous bonus that had nothing to do with his role as FD but who in their right mind would turn down such a bonus? I know if my employers, who I have no real emotional ties to, offered me an excessive bonus i'd bite their hands off. I wouldn't care if they were in turmoil or were losing hundreds, thousands or millions!

I think we all agree his bonus was totally unacceptable but in my opinion that is not Stockbridge's fault. He has now confirmed he will not be receiving such a bonus going forward so I think we should be satisfied at that. For what it's worth i'm not totally convinced by Stockbridge but I feel he's getting a bit of a raw deal regarding this specific issue.

I'm sure I read Mather saying somewhere that Stockbridge would waive his bonus. Apologies if I've got that wrong.

He has agreed to waive future team performance related bonuses, but he received £409,000 for last years work.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/433705/Rangers-fans-slam-Charles-Green-s-1million-wage

Heard Keech last night saying that Stockbridge's bonus as finance director (?) in fourth tier was greater than any of the players were on if we had beaten Zenit and won a Europen trophy - completely and utterly indefensible.

Kind of puts it in perspective, eh?

Bain earned 100's of 1000's overseeing the club reach unsustainable debt levels, he then awarded himself a bonus when the debt went down due to on field success and off field prudence by a bank member on the board

£3.5m for one years work get a grip you got it wrong and old Charlie filled his boots. Shocking amount to take for zero input.

Zero input?

Are you for real?

Are you even aware of what has happened in the last year and a half?

Do you have any idea how much effort must have gone into saving our club?

This is the problem those with the pitchforks are drumming up village idiots to fight their cause.

Zero input?

Are you for real?

Are you even aware of what has happened in the last year and a half?

Do you have any idea how much effort must have gone into saving our club?

This is the problem those with the pitchforks are drumming up village idiots to fight their cause.

It's Glasgow Rangers. The club sells itself.

What outstanding pieces of business did CG pull off in the interests of the club rather than himself?

It's Glasgow Rangers. The club sells itself.

What outstanding pieces of business did CG pull off in the interests of the club rather than himself?

If the club sells itself how many buyers were there fighting with bids for us?