Question About the Traitors

Goianegra

Naismith and McGregor forget Rangers stood by them when things were not going well for them individully and they rapaid the club by jumping ship first chance they got.

How many times was McGregor in the rags over the years for his bad conduct and drunken antics off the park? When every single fan and mHedia hack in Scotland wanted this guy crucified for the boozegate thing Rangers fans to a man stood behind him. We never got repaid in kind.

Naismith sat in his arse injured for a huge part of his Rangers career did the club ever once dock him anything? No he got paid a ton of money for doing nothing for almost 2 years at his time at the club while RFC also spent thousands on the best medical care money could buy for him.

No problem with these guys not wanting to play in SFL3 rather than the EPL but the least these traitors could do was let the club get a fee for them even if it was only 50k or something.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staff come and go, everyone from the cleaning lady to the top players, managers and (all too often atm) owners, we are the only constant at the club, the magnificent fanbase who refuse to buckle ,as long as we are around it will soon be onwards and upwards, this period being a drama that made us stronger inside.

I think traitors is a bit rich for what are merely mercenaries, football clubs take players on to do a job, they do the job and get paid a lot for it, they are not the club. It is a case of thanks for doing a good job, here's your wages, now f*k off.

If you allow a hatred of individual players to take away the enjoyment of Rangers victories you are only hurting yourself.

I very rarely look at past footage. So I couldn't say if they have ruined that for me, what I do know is I couldn't watch my national team the other night because when I see them my blood boils. They took from us for years, especially Naismith, then when the going got tough they fled like rats deserting a sinking ship. The problem for them is this ship didn't sink and we will be stronger than ever before. They could have been part of this exciting journey. They will, in my opinion, regret their actions.

One of the reasons that I don't hold their decisions as badly as some on here is that I think many are being hypocritical.

I was one of the first and only fans who was saying that if we never got our CVA and we went NewCo, that the club would still survive.

Huge numbers of fans were calling me all sorts of shit for this. Saying I had no idea and that I was a traitor for even suggesting it could happen.

Fans were saying the club would be dead to them and that they would be done with Scottish football.

With a huge number, and a majority for a considerable time holding this vocal viewpoint, is it any wonder the players, who let's face it, ain't the smartest bunch, could also falsely hold this view?

Some of the fans on here who we're greeting and moaning about the newco should also have a look at themselves and wonder if they should consider themselves to be traitors.

Many may say that it's ridiculous that I'm willing to forgive them for walking away, but to be honest, it's only because I've had to bury my disgust at the fans who called me all sorts of shit for trying to explain that going NewCo would retain our history.

That "press conference"during our darkest times was like a kick in the stones.Whittaker never bothered me because we knew the jersey meant nothing to him,it was all about every penny he could squeeze from the club.We have employed plenty of moneygrabbers and will do so again,as we need the quality on the park.Naismith is a different ball game.He told us he was one of us,a supporter as well as a player,and we loved him for it.I`ve tried to put myself in his position.Look after number one etc.,but I could never,EVER put the boot in when the club was on it`s knees.If only he had said at that conference "as a Rangers man I am saddened that I will need to leave in order to protect my career,but I will transfer over,so that the club will get the greatly reduced transfer fee negotiated when I had to take a wage reduction for a couple of months" He would still be a legend.Now? I turned the radio off the other morning when he came on to speak about Scotland.Says it all. MacGregor? He used to be a good goalie for us,but he`s never in my thoughts now. Can`t get excited about watching any of them now.

Does not affect me at all with regard to previous achievements, as when they were doing these they respected the club and the fans, and we respected them..

Its when players lose their respect and loyalty for the club and fans while they are here (Naismith, Whittaker, McGregor) or after they have left that I lose some respect for them, not what they did previously.

One of the reasons that I don't hold their decisions as badly as some on here is that I think many are being hypocritical.

I was one of the first and only fans who was saying that if we never got our CVA and we went NewCo, that the club would still survive.

Huge numbers of fans were calling me all sorts of shit for this. Saying I had no idea and that I was a traitor for even suggesting it could happen.

Fans were saying the club would be dead to them and that they would be done with Scottish football.

With a huge number, and a majority for a considerable time holding this vocal viewpoint, is it any wonder the players, who let's face it, ain't the smartest bunch, could also falsely hold this view?

Some of the fans on here who we're greeting and moaning about the newco should also have a look at themselves and wonder if they should consider themselves to be traitors.

Many may say that it's ridiculous that I'm willing to forgive them for walking away, but to be honest, it's only because I've had to bury my disgust at the fans who called me all sorts of shit for trying to explain that going NewCo would retain our history.

I think you're greatly misrepresenting this, yes there may have been a lack of education about newco when it first started being discussed but when push came to shove the vast vast majority of fans knew the truth and pledged their loyalty to the club and declared that our history was not broken.

So to use that as some sort of excuse for the player is wrong, and they'll have had more access to information than we did. Saying this is the kindest way possible I find the way you're so forgiving of them very weak.