Ian Holloway leaves Crystal Palace

Like Holloway, a good manager who has worked his way up the leagues. He's got next to no loyalty though (things ended sourly at Plymouth Argyle and a couple of other sides), so he could of walked. I just don't see why he would as managing in the premiership is his dream, unless he's been told there's a better job for him in waiting e.g. at another EPL side with a manager on a shoogly peg, or a "sleeping giant" in the championship.

Like Holloway, a good manager who has worked his way up the leagues. He's got next to no loyalty though (things ended sourly at Plymouth Argyle and a couple of other sides), so he could of walked. I just don't see why he would as managing in the premiership is his dream, unless he's been told there's a better job for him in waiting e.g. at another EPL side with a manager on a shoogly peg, or a "sleeping giant" in the championship.

Surely no other Premiership side will touch him its just not his level he's at Championship level at best and he's a fanny. Mcleish or Pulis will be the next manager I reckon.

Surely no other Premiership side will touch him its just not his level he's at Championship level at best and he's a fanny. Mcleish or Pulis will be the next manager I reckon.

He's a very good championship manager, much like Steve Bruce. Not sure if he can cut it at the top level, but his sides play good football which an established EPL side (with no fear of relegation) might take a gamble on.

I can't see Eck getting another job in English football, unless it was a league 1 side. Pulis would be a real kick in the teeth to palace fans. I think they'll go for Zola, his sides currently just outside play-off spots, I reckon he'd be tempted by another shot at the "big-time"

He's a very good championship manager, much like Steve Bruce. Not sure if he can cut it at the top level, but his sides play good football which an established EPL side (with no fear of relegation) might take a gamble on.

I can't see Eck getting another job in English football, unless it was a league 1 side. Pulis would be a real kick in the teeth to palace fans. I think they'll go for Zola, his sides currently just outside play-off spots, I reckon he'd be tempted by another shot at the "big-time"

I think Bruce is a better top flight manager than many give him credit for.

Holloway, Mowbray, Allardyce, Pullis, and probably McLeish. You just know these guys will be playing musical chairs with the likes of Hull, Middlesboro, Notts Forest, Blackpool, Blackburn amongst the other teams in the Premier League relegation zone or underachieving bigger Championship teams for the next ten years. For them now its just about getting the odd promotion every year or two to the Premier League and holding their team there for a season at least to keep them solvent and the chairmen and fans happy. Wont be many overachieving teams with those guys.

Holloway, Mowbray, Allardyce, Pullis, and probably McLeish. You just know these guys will be playing musical chairs with the likes of Hull, Middlesboro, Notts Forest, Blackpool, Blackburn amongst the other teams in the Premier League relegation zone or underachieving bigger Championship teams for the next ten years. For them now its just about getting the odd promotion every year or two to the Premier League and holding their team there for a season at least to keep them solvent and the chairmen and fans happy. Wont be many overachieving teams with those guys.

I think big sam's a cracking manager, had Blackburn in the top 8 for long parts of his stay there. His sides don't play the best football, but their not easy to beat and they won't be in any relegation battles whilst he's there. So don't see why his name is roped in with the likes of McLeish and Mowbray

Allardyce has been a Premiership manager since 2001 in all but one season and it wasn't him that relegated West Ham.

I know his style of football may not be popular but he's clearly not just some championship journeyman.

Pulis also kept Stoke on the top flight for five seasons.

I think big sam's a cracking manager, had Blackburn in the top 8 for long parts of his stay there. His sides don't play the best football, but their not easy to beat and they won't be in any relegation battles whilst he's there. So don't see why his name is roped in with the likes of McLeish and Mowbray

Thought about this before I put McLeish and Allardyce in, but I think both have peaked and when they move on from current positions I think they will be lumbered with those teams I mentioned, with the restrictions those teams would put on them only allowing modest success.

Redknapp should be in there too but old "Arry" is much more skilled than the others at the ducking and diving business, and always turns apparent success in to disaster then moves on before he is found out..

Did alright with Blackpool in the Prem, only went down on the last day with about 39 points

If he hadn't played silly buggers by not allowing Charlie Adam to leave in the January 2011 break he could have strengthened his defence and probably stayed up. I seem to remember they went on a nose die after the January window and Adam went to Blackpool in the summer anyway.

If he hadn't played silly buggers by not allowing Charlie Adam to leave in the January 2011 break he could have strengthened his defence and probably stayed up. I seem to remember they went on a nose die after the January window and Adam went to Blackpool in the summer anyway.

Aye fair enough point, although Blackpool were getting tipped that summer to beat the record for lowest number of points etc.

His problem is that he isn't seen as fashionable. A lot of the fans of the lower premiership teams have this belief that because the play in the EPL they are big clubs, and as such they think they should have a top name as manager. The may get big funding and have big debts, but very few of them are big clubs.

Aye fair enough point, although Blackpool were getting tipped that summer to beat the record for lowest number of points etc.

Had hoped they would beat the drop as I've had many a happy holiday as a youngster down in Blackpool. I used to walk past their ground most days, but as it was the summer never got to see them. Their season in the EPL was a big boost for the locals as Blackpool is pretty run down now with a lot of problems including unemployment, drugs and prostitution. Their local council makes the GCC look honest and intelligent.