Ace

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Every game we play is a must win game

If we want to be the only team in Scotland to win every league and trophy we must take this very seriously

Don't get me wrong I can see Ally's thinking and don't think its a bad idea per say but the guys who are likely to come in can't be trusted (if it's a wholesale change) in my eyes

Is that the end game?

No

It's a milestone in us moving forward

Using that logic why even try to beat Celtic next time we play them then ?

I see the attraction, but Man Utd aren't judged on whether they win the Community Shield - they have bigger fish to fry. The Ramsdens cup is not a milestone - it is a bauble to be collected in passing they way you may pick up a £1 coin lying in the street as you walked by.

I see the attraction, but Man Utd aren't judged on whether they win the Community Shield - they have bigger fish to fry. The Ramsdens cup is not a milestone - it is a bauble to be collected in passing they way you may pick up a £1 coin lying in the street as you walked by.

I disagree

Find it a bit sickening some attitudes towards it

It may not be the biggest thing we will win but when did we become snobs when it came to winning trophies Ffs

If I didn't know any better I'd say some fans were getting the excuses in early

If we want to continue being the worlds most successful club then every game is a must win

It's a piece of history, and i want to win it, it's another trophy in the cabinet all be it another minor to the collection, it will be seen as an embarrassment if Rangers don't win it at least once.

I see it as getting the so called monkey off All's back regarding the cup competitions. It would also give us a boost in terms of early silverware and Rangers players need regular cup wins as is our history.

It doesn't matter how relevant some think the cup is, it's still something we must be winning as is our tradition.

I disagree

It may not be the biggest thing we will win but when did we become snobs when it came to winning trophies Ffs

If we want to continue being the worlds most successful club then every game is a must win

winning trophies that the top teams in the country do not take part in, takes the edge of the success somewhat.

And theres no excuses, we will win this because we are better than the rest of the teams taking part by some distance.

I disagree

None of us ever imagined we'd be where we are today but in going down to that level we seen this as a chance to hold every major title available in the scottish game.

It's like saying doesn't matter if we win the league we can go up in the play offs. These trophies never got a look or a second glance by Rangers fans. These are now our trophies to lose.

We must go out and be the only side in Scotland (to my knowledge) to hold every major honour in the scottish game

winning trophies that the top teams in the country do not take part in, takes the edge of the success somewhat.

Well why did we celebrate winning the title last season given the league was full of utter shite?

It's silverware and it's another trophy to add to the collection, we don't have to beat the dhims or the sheep to enjoy a cup win regardless of what it is.

And theres no excuses, we will win this because we are better than the rest of the teams taking part by some distance.

Taigs apart we were always miles clear of every other team in Scotland. So do the league cup and scottish cup finals against the shite like Aberdeen, st mirren etc when the tims had been knocked out take the edge off of it?

Well why did we celebrate winning the title last season given the league was full of utter shite?

It's silverware and it's another trophy to add to the collection, we don't have to beat the dhims or the sheep to enjoy a cup win regardless of what it is.

it wasnt that much of a celebration though was it - it was muted somewhat - there was even a thread on here about the celebration being a bit downplayed.

Any no we dont have to beat the dhims or sheep - but if they are actually in it, it gives it an edge. We cant say to cellic - "your league wins mean nothing because we are not in it" and then say "a cup win is a cup win even if cellic are not in it". Its hypocritical.

Taigs apart we were always miles clear of every other team in Scotland. So do the league cup and scottish cup finals against the shite like Aberdeen, st mirren etc when the tims had been knocked out take the edge off of it?

no thats my point - they were at least in it to start - you have to be in it to win it.

no thats my point - they were at least in it to start - you have to be in it to win it.

But when they go out 3 or 4 rounds before the final it's devalued somewhat surely? If we don't play them then it's devalued?

Seriously some rangers fans attitudes worry me tbh,

it wasnt that much of a celebration though was it - it was muted somewhat - there was even a thread on here about the celebration being a bit downplayed.

Any no we dont have to beat the dhims or sheep - but if they are actually in it, it gives it an edge. We cant say to cellic - "your league wins mean nothing because we are not in it" and then say "a cup win is a cup win even if cellic are not in it". Its hypocritical.

I didn't say the league means nothing if Celt*c win it, I'd be celebrating it if the roles were reversed. You can only win what you take part in imo.

I think since we got knocked out it last year and the abuse we took from the media ect that it's fired me up to win this and get the first silverware of our season to kick us on.

A cup/title party is never a bad thing and it can only benefit our players who NEED to get into this habit.

What about the Scottish cup 2007/8 against QOS or 2008/9 against Falkirk, were these finals diminished because they were contested against teams that could and did win the Ramsden cup.

Who says that though? Not that many on here that i've seen, it might make it much easier for them but it's nonsense to claim their league wins mean nothing.

A win is a win and unlike with your examples such as the league cup, community shield etc we'll only have two more chances to win this assuming everything goes to plan promotion wise. We're already out of the league cup after the 1st round so I see no reason at all not to take the Ramsdens seriously and add another new trophy to our record book.