Coisty plans Ally shuffle for Stenny cup clash

Ace

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/coisty-plans-ally-shuffle-for-stenny-cup-clash-140793n.22542876

An interesting read, Ally gives an insight to his formation & tactics, in a general sense rather than game specific.

I might not agree with him but it's good to read his thoughts.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a good thing to experiment in games like this. To be honest, we should have won this cup last year and then it would have been done and in the trophy room amongst the many others, but we still have to win it after our second go at it. I'm sure we're good enough and Stenny don't present too much of a problem for us to use some of our fringe players, that would probably we regulars in any other SPFL team.

Would rather we experimented in bounce games rather than a semi final to be honest. I really want us in the final and winning this cup. For this one i would hope we keep our winning side. Though i would like to see Faure get a shot at CB. he did not merit being dropped in my opinion.

Tonight is not the time to shuffle, it is the time to see who has the bottle at the big times like this. It might only be the Ramsdens Cup but it is a cup I'd love to win. If we don't win it this year it will go down as a failure in my books.

By the time the Scottish Cup comes round properly against the bigger teams in the draw we'll have the opportunity to rotate and get players rested etc as we'll no doubt be miles ahead in the league, particularly come January.

Let's get tonight done with and erase all doubt as to who will be lifting that cup come April.

Must win...pressure game...don't change a winning team.

It's attitudes like that which mean this club and our style of football will never change and we will never progress.

When we get back to the SPFL it will be the same mentality of buy buy buy and win every game without any thought for the future.

And that isn't a bash at McCoist but the whole scenario of the ethos and mentality surrounding the club from the management teams and the fans.

Yes I want to see us win but I also want to see real progress on and off the park.

I doubt I will see it in my lifetime.

Wait for the first person to come along and pick out a couple of quotes out of context and Ally-bashing shall commence.

Generally it is an interesting dilemma, stick with a winning team or rotate? Especially if that rotation would result in a different shape.

Far be it for me to turn this into an "Ally bash" (and I haven't read the link) but surely that's part of the problem?

A good coach would be able to rotate his squad without changing the shape of the side because they're all playing in the same style at training. The U-21's, the U-19's, the U-17's etc.....all playing the same way so that when change is made it's only the personnel that alters, not the team pattern.

If Barca' are without Messi does the manager change their shape? Likewise at Arsenal, does Wenger change everything because Wilshere or Walcott are missing?

Top-of-the-range examples I will grant you, but the fact remains.

There are only two real outcomes to a cup match winning or losing, I know which one I am after, so let's get the backbone of the team out their get them pumped up an unleash them on Stenny, If Ally brings anybody in from the fringe we need to see something from them, they need to justify their inclusion. Too many of the young guys never made the most of their chances last year, that was disappointing.

Think this is a good and very necessary idea to be honest, these players should be hungry to prove themselves. Our current first 11 may be a bit fatigued or with the winning streak become complacent at one point and I guess as he doesn't want that to be tonight he's letting players who are fresher show what they can do.

Its the Ramsdens, let get some perspective - its a long way from a "must win" game.

I would say that this is the cup we should be blooding youngsters in. I would like to win it, but frankly, if we went out - but our youngsters gain something from the experience that helped towards their devepment then surely a short term setback would be negated by the long term benefits?.

The big English teams do it in the Carling - and take it on the chin as a great learning experience both for the coaches assessing the lads and for the youngsters themselves if they go out.

Anyways, by the sounds of it Ally isn't changing that much -it sounds like he is giving a bloated squad a chance for some game time rather than an opportunity to blood some youngsters - which is his perogative. Stenny should present no problems regardless.

Is this Ally bashing? I'm sure he is not that precious.

Its the Ramsdens, let get some perspective - its a long way from a "must win" game.

I would say that this is the cup we should be blooding youngsters in. I would like to win it, but frankly, if we went out - but our youngsters gain something from the experience that helped towards their devepment then surely a short term setback would be negated by the long term benefits?.

The big English teams do it in the Carling - and take it on the chin as a great learning experience both for the coaches assessing the lads and for the youngsters themselves if they go out.

Anyways, by the sounds of it Ally isn't changing that much -it sounds like he is giving a bloated squad a chance for some game time rather than an opportunity to blood some youngsters - which is his perogative. Stenny should present no problems regardless.

Is this Ally bashing? I'm sure he is not that precious.

Every game we play is a must win game

If we want to be the only team in Scotland to win every league and trophy we must take this very seriously

Don't get me wrong I can see Ally's thinking and don't think its a bad idea per say but the guys who are likely to come in can't be trusted (if it's a wholesale change) in my eyes

Every game we play is a must win game

If we want to be the only team in Scotland to win every league and trophy we must take this very seriously

Don't get me wrong I can see Ally's thinking and don't think its a bad idea per say but the guys who are likely to come in can't be trusted (if it's a wholesale change) in my eyes

exactly, no disrespect byut what are we restingthe other playesr for? do they need a rest to win the 3rd tier :pipe: