Fernando Ricksen diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis

PrsosPonytail

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think the club might arange a friendly or testimonial type match, and give the proceeds to helping him?

Possibly too early for that?

Good shout, celtic done it for petrov so I cant see why we couldn't do it for a former captain.

Thoughts are with Fernando and his family. I'm sure his autobiography is out this week?

It's funny. The last game I was at involving him was the friendly at Ibrox with Zenit. He chopped Burke who went off injured and several other Rangers players and got involved in some spats with others. He was booed every time he touched the ball for a while and some booed him as he went off the pitch (some clapped as well). I hope he realises that we still remember him for the numerous good times and that that was just a meaningless wee Rangers family spat!

http://dewerelddraaitdoor.vara.nl/media/302895 here is the video where he announced it on live TV, skip to 20 mins in

Omg watching that I didn't think he would be this bad already

His speech is terrible which is not a good sign

Sadly I know first hand as its my job working with MND and he doesn't look great

There's people I've dealt with fitter than fernando at this stage and within a year end up in a wheelchair and have no movement in their arms or legs , virtually only able to have facial movement

They usually die from pneumonia and not being able to swallow or cough up phlegm/mucus secretion

I feel sick at the thought of anyone else going through this terrible disease

Yes, a match in his honour and in support of him. Won't need the cash, but that could go to MND charity.

Good shout. I've been involved in fund-raising for MND Scotland, my aunt suffered from it and it doesn't have a high profile compared to some other charities.

So sorry to hear about Fernando.

This is why we need to heavily invest in stem cell research. Hopefully he gets the love and support he needs from his family to still lead a fulfilling life.

Surely Rangers could organise a fundraiser for him?

Absolutely sickens me that footballers are earning £360k a wk to spend it on utter shite when money in the world could be put to better use like fighting diseases

Should welcome him as a special guest to ibrox this season, would be tremendous.

Appropriate avatar change there mate. Won't apologise for copying you!