allan mcgregor

tam watp

Regardless, look at how us 'wonderful fans' treat the guys who did transfer over like Perry.

They showed this loyalty that we demanded of the players, but they dont play as well as we hoped and we all slated them and call for them to be released to cut costs.

Where is the loyalty from us? Seems to be far too much hypocrisy in it for me.

For the record, I do think we need to cut costs, I do think that guys like Perry need to be moved on.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'tiny' fees were still in the region of around £2m in the cases of Naismith to be fair.

If we had gotten £250k for McGregor, this would have been the equivalent of around 2 and a half months of his salary.

He would have been due a contractual 'loyalty payment' for being sold without asking for this to be the case (im guessing we would be expecting him to forgo this?).

He would have been perfectly entitled to sit and wait for the transfer window to come close to its end before making his decision on which club had the best offer for him and moving, this would probably take longer than 2.5 months.

I doubt we would have made any actual savings had they transferred, it would probably have ended up costing us.

It was hardly up to them to decide if it was in the best interests of the club, was it? They were perfectly entitled to do what they wished of course, for their own interest. You have links for these contracts you seem to know so well?

The 'tiny' fees were still in the region of around £2m in the cases of Naismith to be fair.

If we had gotten £250k for McGregor, this would have been the equivalent of around 2 and a half months of his salary.

He would have been due a contractual 'loyalty payment' for being sold without asking for this to be the case (im guessing we would be expecting him to forgo this?).

He would have been perfectly entitled to sit and wait for the transfer window to come close to its end before making his decision on which club had the best offer for him and moving, this would probably take longer than 2.5 months.

I doubt we would have made any actual savings had they transferred, it would probably have ended up costing us.

With all due respect that is utter bollocks.

I am not convinced by these guys and their pish about their leaving being emotional. BUT! I could not rule out CG trying to be dodgy on the TUPE rules - possibly changing the contract terms as much as legally possible.

To argue your point, CG may have tried to have a reduction clause in his TUPE that saw his wage reduce by half. Allan may have seen that as a kick in the teeth and opted to tell him to bugger off. In my eyes, that is feasible but I would not forgive him for it - if that was the reason.

Another who has absolutely no understanding of what TUPE is.

The place is full of rockets that just make shit up for the sake of it.

It was hardly up to them to decide if it was in the best interests of the club, was it? They were perfectly entitled to do what they wished of course, for their own interest. You have links for these contracts you seem to know so well?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18288091

Above lists the muted amounts for the value of the release clauses.

To be honest, its not up for us to decide if they thought what they were doing was for the best or not. From what I understand, the club seemed to fail miserably in the communication to these players. These players probably had little reason to trust the new owners of the club.

Another who has absolutely no understanding of what TUPE is.

The place is full of rockets that just make shit up for the sake of it.

What are you spouting about?

This TUPE was under an employee from an Insolvency case, meaning the terms of TUPE are not as harsh to the new employer and the terms of the contract can be negotiated with the union or the employees representative.

With all due respect that is utter bollocks.

How so?

The transfer of the economic entity happened on 12th June. His salary was quoted as £26k per week.

There were 13 weeks of employment between 12th June and the 31st August when the transfer window closed.

This would have equated to a salary of £338k before the additional overheads the club would have been landed with.

How would receiving a transfer fee of £250k have been good value?

What are you spouting about?

This TUPE was under an employee from an Insolvency case, meaning the terms of TUPE are not as harsh to the new employer and the terms of the contract can be negotiated with the union or the employees representative.

Absolutely correct.

Rules change when buying a business in distress. Contracts can indeed be renegotiated in ways that are not permitted when buying a solvent economic entity.

To those questioning fans loyalty to Perry, Hutton etc...

I have -NEVER- once wanted ANY player whop tuped out. I think our club would be better if they did but I will NEVER be caught relishing/hoping for one of them to be released.

I think there are only 2 or 3 who left who have now not spoken about their 'heartbreak' about leaving us. Something tells me that only now do they realise the arse up they made.

We will never forget. We will never forgive.

Regardless, look at how us 'wonderful fans' treat the guys who did transfer over like Perry.

They showed this loyalty that we demanded of the players, but they dont play as well as we hoped and we all slated them and call for them to be released to cut costs.

Where is the loyalty from us? Seems to be far too much hypocrisy in it for me.

For the record, I do think we need to cut costs, I do think that guys like Perry need to be moved on.

To be fair, last season I had people tell me I had been too loyal to the likes of Jig, Alexander & Perry when they were playing pish. Any criticism I gave was due to terrible performances. Some of the displays...(even taking into account the lack of a pre-season and the way the squad was thrown together) couldn't be defended. You just can't win sometimes. We had a league to win, and not getting out of that league last season would have been a disaster. I can understand why some were overly critical.

Getting back to the ones who jumped ship. You make a valid point about high earners costing us if they'd stayed for the whole pre-season and possibly not taking a transfer. However, (and admittedly with the benefit of hindsight), that's a pretty poor argument. Everton were already sniffing around Naismith before the season had ended. Davis was also being touted for a move to England, and McGregor was on Arsenal's radar at one point. Those 3 were our highest earners if I'm not mistaken.

Do you seriously think none of them would have found it hard to find a club and have moved, given the circumstances we found ourselves in?

To be fair, last season I had people tell me I had been too loyal to the likes of Jig, Alexander & Perry when they were playing pish. Any criticism I gave was due to terrible performances. Some of the displays...(even taking into account the lack of a pre-season and the way the squad was thrown together) couldn't be defended. You just can't win sometimes. We had a league to win, and not getting out of that league last season would have been a disaster. I can understand why some were overly critical.

Getting back to the ones who jumped ship. You make a valid point about high earners costing us if they'd stayed for the whole pre-season and possibly not taking a transfer. However, (and admittedly with the benefit of hindsight), that's a pretty poor argument. Everton were already sniffing around Naismith before the season had ended. Davis was also being touted for a move to England, and McGregor was on Arsenal's radar at one point. Those 3 were our highest earners if I'm not mistaken.

Do you seriously think none of them would have found it hard to find a club and have moved, given the circumstances we found ourselves in?

I honestly dont think the club communicated with them well enough.

If Green had stated to them that he would let them leave for a very small amount, then it would be fair enough. Instead from what I gather he just demanded that they move, stating categorically that he had bought them.

The club handled it poorly, as did many of the players.

It snot fair to criticise the players and call them traitors, without also criticising the club.

I honestly dont think the club communicated with them well enough.

If Green had stated to them that he would let them leave for a very small amount, then it would be fair enough. Instead from what I gather he just demanded that they move, stating categorically that he had bought them.

The club handled it poorly, as did many of the players.

It snot fair to criticise the players and call them traitors, without also criticising the club.

Fair points, well made. I honestly have no idea what went on behind the scenes, so can't comment though. I do think that Duff & Phelps were culpable in the misinformation being banded about too.

BUT, I can still remember Naismith & Whittakers press conference and the comments made. I can't ever forgive them for that. I'll also point to McCoist's comments about none of the deserters being welcomed back. That to me suggests that the rest of the squad who left were of similar mind.

I just find it incredible that guys like Edu & Bocanegra agreed to transfer over, yet none of the so called Gers men did. I really have a hard time understanding that!

Fair points well made. I honestly have no idea what went on behind the scenes, so can't comment. I do think that Duff & Phelps were culpable in the misinformation being banded about too.

BUT, I can still remember Naismith & Whittakers press conference and the comments made. I can't ever forgive them for that. I'll also point to McCoist's comments about none of the deserters being welcomed back. That to me suggests that the rest of the squad who left were of similar mind.

I just find it incredible that guys like Edu & Bocanegra agreed to transfer over, yet none of the so called Gers men did. I really have a hard time understanding that!

Agree on Naismith and Whittiker, I dont hate them for leaving, I hate them for that interview.

As for your final point, I dont really have a hard time understanding it. I think its pretty simple. The ones that left could earn more, the ones that stayed would have probably earned less or it would have been a risk.

The only exceptions are Wallace and possibly Jig.

Pretty shit that most of the players who got us 3 in a row and a European final appearance , are practically now wiped from our history .

There`s no doubt he will regret the decision everyday for the rest of his life . No amount of cash will ever be enough to forget how good it was to be a Ranger

The vast majority of professional football players only care about money.

Loyalty to the club? Most don't give a toss.

Fans? Most regard us as saps.

If McGregor has something to say about Green, let him explain it.

Or shut the fukk up.

As much as I still think of McGregor as a traitor I don't hate him as much as the others, especially Naismith. I don't know if I feel a bit softer towards him because I read somewhere that shortly after leaving he realised his mistake and asked to come back but McCoist said he couldn't.