allan mcgregor

tam watp

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So he thinks he'll have earned more by staying at Rangers? Whyte renewed his contract didn't he when it wasn't close to running out? At the time the rumours were that it was a bumper rise... probably because Whyte knew he wouldn't really have to pay it.

Seems to me like it was either him tweeting or his burd from his phone.

If there is something to explain, he should just say. Not like he tuped over and could be silenced due to a pay off. For me he walked away so he could be a free agent and get a better signing on fee, not a true fan as he always suggested in my opinion. Took advantage of our situation to line his pockets.

So is he saying he earned more at Rangers than he does at the moment? I have read his tweets and don't have a fucking clue what he's going on about?

It's a bit random the last time i saw him on twitter was when he played for us. Why all of a sudden come on a year later and spout utter pish that no one knows what he going on about.

So he's trying to pass the buck onto Green. Does he think we're stupid? Why wouldn't Green try & transfer over all assets? Doesn't he know how it works? Instead of running around trying to find a way out, why didn't he sit down & ask what was all involved if he didn't understand?

He had TUPE laws protecting him for 12 months. As would have been pointed out, all he had to do was agree to transfer over and then ask for a move! It really was that simple, as illustrated by Messrs Edu, Bocanegra & Bedoya!

He simply didn't think we were the same club any more & thought we were dead!

Fuck him. We move on!

Can everyone say that they would have been happy for them to transfer over, and then wait out their contracts?

We call them traitors, but I bet we would have been calling for them to be released to save the wage bill on the club, just like we aree now calling for guys like Perry, Cribari etc to be shown the door.

Seems allot demand loyalty, but I doubt many would be willing to offer it back.

He should fuck off. Nothing more, nothing less. He should not discuss our club.

I don't particularly care what big, bad Charles Green did or did not do. What Allan McGregor did, in it's most simple form, is refuse our club the right to a much needed transfer fee amidst financial turmoil in favour of boosting his own earning potential.

Rangers men like McGregor, Davis, Naismith and so on shocked and appalled us by failing to do what, as a Rangers man, would have done. For that, look no further than the examples set by Edu, Broadfoot, Bocanegra, etc.

I reiterate - he can fuck off.

But would the club have gotten the money or would Charles Green, Imran Ahmed and the invisible backers have taken it instead? People talking like Green was some benign benefactor when in reality he was there just to line his own, and the people he worked for, pockets.

Can everyone say that they would have been happy for them to transfer over, and then wait out their contracts?

We call them traitors, but I bet we would have been calling for them to be released to save the wage bill on the club, just like we aree now calling for guys like Perry, Cribari etc to be shown the door.

Yes if they wanted, Lee Wallace stayed after all and renegotiated his contract.

I know you love to defend the traitors but they were never going to stay with us in the prime of their careers in the bottom tier and nobody really grudged them that, all about how they left.

But would the club have gotten the money or would Charles Green, Imran Ahmed and the invisible backers have taken it instead? People talking like Green was some benign benefactor when in reality he was there just to line his own, and the people he worked for, pockets.

Don't talk fucking shite, how do you think the club has functioned since we formed a new company? Because we'd be bust again if money wasn't going into club, you can't pay wages and pay the bills from thin air.

Try and think for yourself before repeating propaganda and lies.

He's a cock

No matter what fantasies him and Naismtih, Davis, Lafferty etc come up with. These so-called Rangers men walked away and the club got fuck all when other high earners such as Bocanegra, Goian, Wallace etc stayed.

You can check my posts over the last 18 months or so mate, if you really want to. From day dot, I knew they'd never stay. I don't recall many posts offering differing views.

No way on earth I ever imagined the likes of Naismith, McGregor, Davis, Wallace etc etc to stay & play in Div 3. It was all about recognising the club still existed and we received fair compensation for losing our top assets!

I'd have happily shook each and every one of their hands and wished them all the best, if they'd done it that way.

Why wouldn't we have?

I fully expect each of them to make increasingly frequent and desperate attempts to rebuild the bridges they burned, as their careers inevitably decline. As far as I'm concerned, they can take a hike.

How many of these turncoat bastards leg it for more money without a second thought, and then when they are too old or get found out, suddenly rediscover their love for Rangers.

Like the others, McGregor could have signed for Newco and then transferred to another club with our blessing and been welcomed back any time.

The club would have got some cash and everyone is happy.

But no, the greedy bastards took the lot and buggered off.

I find it awesomely staggering that they think the fans will have forgotten, or do they think they are so good we will take them back as sloppy seconds ?

We will never be that desperate.

Personally think he's talking out his arse claiming he's on less now than when he was with us, even then someone should ask how much he got signing on due to not having a transfer fee.

He can protest all he wants, he's still a money grabbing c*nt. No point shouting his mouth off that its different if he isn't willing to prove it.

Selling them for the tiny fees they renegotiated as part of their short term salary savrifice would have been the outcome. If we'd got even £250k for McGregor, Whittaker, Davis, Lafferty, Naismith, Ness, McCabe and Fleck then we would have had £2m more when we really needed it. We would have had no issue with the SFA holding on to cash negotiated after the event either.

Selling them for the tiny fees they renegotiated as part of their short term salary savrifice would have been the outcome. If we'd got even £250k for McGregor, Whittaker, Davis, Lafferty, Naismith, Ness, McCabe and Fleck then we would have had £2m more when we really needed it. We would have had no issue with the SFA holding on to cash negotiated after the event either.

The 'tiny' fees were still in the region of around £2m in the cases of Naismith to be fair.

If we had gotten £250k for McGregor, this would have been the equivalent of around 2 and a half months of his salary.

He would have been due a contractual 'loyalty payment' for being sold without asking for this to be the case (im guessing we would be expecting him to forgo this?).

He would have been perfectly entitled to sit and wait for the transfer window to come close to its end before making his decision on which club had the best offer for him and moving, this would probably take longer than 2.5 months.

I doubt we would have made any actual savings had they transferred, it would probably have ended up costing us.

someone take that bet off him for over the financial year. no chance he earned less over the year. he may have a lower weekly basic but he sure as hell ain't making less all in.

Why the fuck would you be upset about getting transferred to the new company! Who would want to lose their job!! deluded much!!

hate my boss for keeping me in employment!

I am not convinced by these guys and their pish about their leaving being emotional. BUT! I could not rule out CG trying to be dodgy on the TUPE rules - possibly changing the contract terms as much as legally possible.

To argue your point, CG may have tried to have a reduction clause in his TUPE that saw his wage reduce by half. Allan may have seen that as a kick in the teeth and opted to tell him to bugger off. In my eyes, that is feasible but I would not forgive him for it - if that was the reason.