Gallacher returns, but won't feature in first team squad...

graeme_4

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallacher has effectively gone from 1st choice to 3rd in half a season without putting a foot wrong.

Gallacher was never first choice at Ibrox.

It was no secret that we were looking to loan him out, even when he was starting games for us, and in all honesty he was only ever second choice through a lack of other options at the time.

tbh i dont rate cammy bell that highly and gallacher never done anything wrong in the games he started and should really have kept his place but it was never going to happen.

at the same time bell hasnt done anything bad to merit being dropped.the way durrant has said it makes it sound like it wouldnt matter if bell was playing poorly though

tbh i dont rate cammy bell that highly and gallacher never done anything wrong in the games he started and should really have kept his place but it was never going to happen.

at the same time bell hasnt done anything bad to merit being dropped.the way durrant has said it makes it sound like it wouldnt matter if bell was playing poorly though

He also never done much on his loan spell to merit it being extended to the end of the season.

Wallace needs to sort all this shit out and stop McCoist wasting any more money on players we don't need. I wouldn't sign anyone else until we are back in the top league. If we can't win the Championship with the squad we have, McCoist needs to step aside. Gallacher should be challenging Bell, Simonson should never have been given a contract.

He also never done much on his loan spell to merit it being extended to the end of the season.

What date did his loan end? Seems he only played 1 game between the end of October and end of November. Injured or dropped in that time?

Wallace needs to sort all this shit out and stop McCoist wasting any more money on players we don't need. I wouldn't sign anyone else until we are back in the top league. If we can't win the Championship with the squad we have, McCoist needs to step aside. Gallacher should be challenging Bell, Simonson should never have been given a contract.

Gallacher needs regular football. Its not going to help his development sitting on the bench every week (or playing u20s admittedly).

What date did his loan end? Seems he only played 1 game between the end of October and end of November. Injured or dropped in that time?

Not sure on exact dates but he went in November (per official site) for 3 months and made one appearance from a possible 7 games.

Have you seen him for the u20s mate? Did he look as good or better than Cammy? If we are going to keep hin we should surely give him his debut at least i know he signed as a no2 but im sure he expected the odd game every 6 months or so.

Watched a few reserve games and thought he looked excellent. Pulled off a couple if fantastic saves at thistle a few weeks ago. I agree, could have given him the cup games or whatnot

Watched a few reserve games and thought he looked excellent. Pulled off a couple if fantastic saves at thistle a few weeks ago. I agree, could have given him the cup games or whatnot

Steves a ex EPL keeper so hes obviously got talent good to hear hes not lost it, tbh i would give him a few league starts to see how he does in the first team, cup games are rarer and given our unique position as certain champions already ypu could argue cup ties are more important than the odd league game here or there.

From what I've seen of him, he's better than Bell.

that would be why airdrie brought in someone else, when they could have easily got him for the rest of the season.

he barely got into the team IIRC, he cant be that good.

He was apparently excellent in his short spell at Dundee last year.

At 34 he's not exactly old for a keeper so it seems a bit odd that we brought in two keepers who were proven at SPL level and could probably command a first team slot when we got back there.

Just seems like overkill to me. I've said all along that a half decent lower league keeper would have been sufficient back up.

He was apparently excellent in his short spell at Dundee last year.

At 34 he's not exactly old for a keeper so it seems a bit odd that we brought in two keepers who were proven at SPL level and could probably command a first team slot when we got back there.

Just seems like overkill to me. I've said all along that a half decent lower league keeper would have been sufficient back up.

Yea absolutely. Having an experienced back-up makes more sense to me when we're back up at the top level against strikers of a better quality. At this level, honestly, Gallacher would have been fine. Its clearly very important not only to McCoist to have experience in depth, but to the club too. Having inexperienced players as back-up would more than likely not have been an issue but its quite clear that the club felt that we couldn't even take the slightest risk in getting straight back to the top at the earliest possible opportunity

This

Another example of everyone overhyping our very ordinary youngsters

We are terrible for it. McAusland and Mitchell are another two who have developed a case of it. Barrie McKay is another. Just wait til Charlie Telfer and Callum Gallagher get a few games, they will be messi-esque within weeks of coming back out the team.