Is it the coaching staff or are expectations too high?

Muirheadbear

Expectations are high because we signed a squad fit for the SPL and are playing in the poorest leagues in Europe.

Are the expectations unrealistic? Not for me.

We are winning games yes but the standard of football on show is pathetic for what we have and it's just not been getting any better.

People might think when we get back we can then get better players and then we will improve but we already have good football players playing against poor football players and we are still struggling to look like a decent outfit.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected a fresh start and Rangers to go forward with a new outlook both as a business and football team, i still think we have neither.

I haven't been happy with us in a business or footballing sense for a while now, for me personally it's frustration at a missed opportunity and that's why I'm not satisfied.

We are what we are right now and it can only get better with the emergence of new talent, enhancing tactics and ideas from the coaching staff and we get the financial seide of the business settled and ready for the required investment when we get back into the premier division.

Would i liked to have seen a few of the younger lads break through and be in the first team squad? Yes of course but other than aird, mckay and mcleod i really dont think any of them are good enough for the top division.

I do think the criticisms of mccoist have been a little over the top at times considering some of the circumstances he has had to deal with but some of the football played and subsequent results have warranted harsh criticism.

Next year will see our toughest challenge since we went into div3 but at the end of the day we will still win the league comfortably.

As for high expectations? A club of our size and history expectations will always be high and rightly so, we put a lot of money into the club so the high standards expected at the club should be delivered.

I expected a fresh start and Rangers to go forward with a new outlook both as a business and football team, i still think we have neither.

I haven't been happy with us in a business or footballing sense for a while now, for me personally it's frustration at a missed opportunity and that's why I'm not satisfied.

I keep reading this on here , but no one offers any substance on the subject , please explain this amazing dream you all had

I keep reading this on here , but no one offers any substance on the subject , please explain this amazing dream you all had

No need for the smart arse reply.

We went to the brink, it would have been nice to have seen stability and board level, a proper scouting team, directors coming out with a clear message on where we are and where we plan to be as a business for example.

Not sure what's hard to see, we have been a mess for a long time now, i simply wanted to see that change and see some improvements at Rangers and i don't.

He just told you.

He didnt expect the same sub standard hoofing it up the park pish that we have been seeing for years.

He expected us to be ran like a proper football club instead of a circus team like what's been happening since Admin.

In short he wanted the club ran properly off the park and show a bit of adventure and imagination on it.

He just told you.

He didnt expect the same sub standard hoofing it up the park pish that we have been seeing for years.

He expected us to be ran like a proper football club instead of a circus team like what's been happening since Admin.

In short he wanted the club ran properly off the park and show a bit of adventure and imagination on it.

Pretty much and we have neither, years wasted and it doesn't look to be changing anytime soon.

He just told you.

so the big dream a new start a time to change the whole set up a new philosophy on our entire footballing outlook , is achieved by not hooffing the ball up the park ..brilliant :party:

so the big dream a new start a time to change the whole set up a new philosophy on our entire footballing outlook , is achieved by not hooffing the ball up the park ..brilliant :party:

I see you don't have the capacity to debate this subject.

I must say I had that suspicion when I seen your previous post.

(tu)

I play amateur football and I see better stuff there than I do with Rangers. It's fucking disgusting how the team shape up. I can't remember the last time we had a real attacking move, we more or less just probe at every position until something works instead of building an attack.

It's shameful that Ally is still in a job.

Guys like Black, Law and Mohsni are doing enough to get bye.

Players like Faure and Little just aren't good enough tbh.

I'd put Black into that section with Faure and Little. Or not doing good enough anyway, he has been absolutely pish and i have no idea how some of our fans rate him so highly

The players have to take an amount of the responsibility, I think some are going through the motions, I mean in reality we only have the two cup competitions to provide a competitive edge.

However I also bieve we don't get the kind of football we should and also a part of a coaches job is motivation.

Knowing you are a guranteed start every week regardless of form can't be good for motivation, especially for the players who can't get into the side.

If any of my kids end up good enough to play professionally, the last place I would want them to be is at Ibrox, especially if they played right back.

A bit of both.

The coaching and tactics need improved.

In my opinion, the players are mediocre SPL players who are not good enough to compete when we return to the top league.

A new coach may get a bit more out the team but I don't believe that much.

I would also suggest that motivation may be a problem because we are so far in front in this league and some of the players are going through the motions.

However we should be able to play better entertaining football just now (though it may not be possible in every game)

Bit of both like it or lump it we are a poor outfit. That team and squad are miles better than this league but in the grand scheme of things we are just not very good. We have good individuals but we ain't a good side.

Poor players and poor team i agree, i just cannot fathom why we never seem to try and fix any of the blatant issues, this is the perfect time for ally to cut his cloth and learn his own style, the league is won so tinker with things

I remember in wee dicks time, a paper showed stats that rangers won more points after subs were made than before (for example, we' be losing or drawing then after a sub or ttwo we'd either be drawing or winning)

If ally was to start tinkering the starting line up, change formations etc im sure we'd all be more accepting of piss poor performances because its trial and error, but continuing with the same turgid shite week after week is pointless

I am now lost whether it is management, the captain, or the players.

The players we have should be able to go out onto the pitch and win without tactics, but then they may be following jigs tactics of just punting the ball up the park.

Game today was just another unentertaining game.

Both...........with expectations influenced by memories of the great players and teams we have seen and maybe also influenced by a fear that the time it would take to get back to a position where we see a really great top-flight and european successful Rangers team may be longer that we'd like. With performances like those seen recently and again today - even though we won - that journey to the top takes risks taking the appearance of being a very long one.

There seemed to me to be no real urgency to move the ball quickly, or to be direct enough and at pace in attacking, or to work fast enough and hard enough to recover possession of the ball. They seemed to be operating miles short of the pace they are capable of. If they are not careful this sort of continuation of performance starts to look like a repeat of the times we saw after New Year last season.

A point about coaching before the start of the game today. Unless they were out early then back to the dressing room early I saw no warm up of our goalkeepers today. A few Supporters also remarked on that. Seemed very unusual to me.

I suppose the bottom line for the Manager and Coaches is this - 3 points in the bag and another step towards promotion and we'll worry about the bridges to cross next season when we finish this season.