Rangers fans & Irish Tri-Colours

TheBluenose1972

If anycunt was stupid enough to actually wave the flag of the roi at Ibrox and i was anywhere near him,i would without a shadow of a doubt,be arrested and banned from Ibrox.

I'd also probably lose my job,so let's hope there's none so stupid in the copland rear.

BTW Do you go to watch the Rangers?

I go to watch the Rangers when I can.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing against the Irish and, taken literally as the symbol, the Irish Tricolour is a pretty good flag with a decent message of peace and reconciliation, which the Republicans fucking hate (Green, white and gold? It's fucking orange mate). I won't be waving one ever for no other reason than because I'm not Irish. If an Irish Rangers fan - and there must be some out there - took one to Ibrox then I would have no problem with it.

Dunno about that. I think I've changed my view on this. In essence, I agree with you in terms of the flag being taken literally. However I think it has too many connotations for some Rangers fans, specifically those from Northern Ireland, such that I don't think it would be sensible to bring one. I'm all for Irish people supporting Rangers, but although I wouldn't really be offended by the flag, I'd rather it wasn't flown by anyone inside Ibrox. Jon Daly will be sensible enough not to wear one.

Dunno about that. I think I've changed my view on this. In essence, I agree with you in terms of the flag being taken literally. However I think it has too many connotations for some Rangers fans, specifically those from Northern Ireland, such that I don't think it would be sensible to bring one. I'm all for Irish people supporting Rangers, but although I wouldn't really be offended by the flag, I'd rather it wasn't flown by anyone inside Ibrox. Jon Daly will be sensible enough not to wear one.

I didn't say it would be sensible, you would have to be a fucking idiot to do it, but I personally wouldn't care. I don't hate Irish people and I don't hate the flag so I can't honestly say I could get worked up about it. I hate violent Irish republicanism, and I don't believe anybody is suggesting we'll ever see the Starry Plough flown at Ibrox :lol:

I didn't say it would be sensible, you would have to be a fucking idiot to do it, but I personally wouldn't care. I don't hate Irish people and I don't hate the flag so I can't honestly say I could get worked up about it. I hate violent Irish republicanism, and I don't believe anybody is suggesting we'll ever see the Starry Plough flown at Ibrox :lol:

I didn't say that you said it would be sensible.

Algeria bombed Egypt and we waved flags for Boogie so ROI is fine as its all about football players who score for us. We support the player not the terrorists so I hope a few more follow suit and get behind big Jon.

The media would have no choice but to praise us and make it a historic day. You would then have Tims trying to be the best fans ever and wave British flags. Could end up quite rosey.

Algeria bombed Egypt and we waved flags for Boogie so ROI is fine as its all about football players who score for us. We support the player not the terrorists so I hope a few more follow suit and get behind big Jon.

The media would have no choice but to praise us and make it a historic day. You would then have Tims trying to be the best fans ever and wave British flags. Could end up quite rosey.

You must be trolling ffs

It'd be amusing insomuch that I'd take bets on how quickly anyone stupid enough to wave one would keep their teeth.

Are you really saying you wouldn't support a flag with Daly on it. What if he were to go on be a top goalscorer etc are you going to prevent support to him cos of a flag?

I have no issue with Daly or for that matter the Irish. I don't care for the Irish flag and I don't care for anything that has a strong association with Celtic. The tricolour is synonymous with them and as a result, if you're stupid enough to parade a tricolour you'll likely get your just desert.

Simple enough.