Rangers fans & Irish Tri-Colours

TheBluenose1972

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't got 'Protestant' roots though, the connection came later but Rangers were not formed to have a 'Protestant' ethos just 4 lads wanting to play football. Only one club in Glasgow was founded on religious and sectarian roots and that was 16 years after Rangers were formed.

You have no idea what the four lads thought about religion, you are going on what you have read in books.

You have no idea what the four lads thought about religion, you are going on what you have read in books.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Neither do you. There is not one shred of historical information that supports the idea that the Gallant Pioneers had any thoughts on their football team being attached to one religion or another. The fact we do know is that they were four decent guys that wanted to play football.

I'll bet that naebdy in this thread goes to church or reads the bible, so just weesht and do the big Jon dance :lol:

I may be the only one, but i do go to church every Sunday and my father is a lay preacher. But i will still get right in about the big Jon Dance. I will get my old man to spread the good word too. It could replace gospel music....Its the future.

Neither have you but we do know that the other club was formed with a religious and sectarian motive. Thats the real point. There is evidence aplenty about them but none about Rangers. If it was that important they surely would have mentioned it.

I have no issues with a Protestant history but thats an inclusive history as opposed to them. Or are you saying all arent welcome at the club?

I may be the only one, but i do go to church every Sunday and my father is a lay preacher. But i will still get right in about the big Jon Dance. I will get my old man to spread the good word too. It could replace gospel music....Its the future.

:lol: excellent

Neither do you. There is not one shred of historical information that supports the idea that the Gallant Pioneers had any thoughts on their football team being attached to one religion or another. The fact we do know is that they were four decent guys that wanted to play football.

Never said they did, but who knows what they thought.

Neither have you but we do know that the other club was formed with a religious and sectarian motive. Thats the real point. There is evidence aplenty about them but none about Rangers. If it was that important they surely would have mentioned it.

I have no issues with a Protestant history but thats an inclusive history as opposed to them. Or are you saying all arent welcome at the club?

Never said that all religions are not welcome at our club.

Why would they have as there was no notion of religion is Scottish football at that time.

The introduction of religion into Scottish football came with the creation of clubs run for and by Irish Catholics. Hibernian FC in the capital, Brother Walfrids bheasts in the East in Glasgow and Dundee Hibs on Tayside.

Let them NEVER FORGET who introduced religion into Scottish football but as with many things where the tarriers are involved they will do their utmost to rewrite history ably backed by their lackies in the Scottish media.