Stockbridge

I see that people are being equally quick to jump to the protection of Somers as they were Green & co now that common sense has prevailed and the long knives are out.

Truth is though, Somers is a total and utter buffoon, a clown of the highest order. We could do a hell of a lot worse than punting him now and appointing Dave King as the Chairman while he's in Scotland. It's a convenient opportunity! :pipe:

Deary fuckin me. I despair.

We are NEVER gonna be allowed to move on.

Who would have thought it 2 years ago when they all tried to kick us to death that we would eventually end up doing it ourselves.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would have thought it 2 years ago when they all tried to kick us to death that we would eventually end up doing it ourselves.

The enemies within will never rest until we have Ticketus Paul and Staggering mALKY at the helm

Aye it's time to get our act in gear, we should be kicking that shower in the east end to death by this time they are no great shakes but instead of that we are still are still fannying about kicking dead horses !

The cull has started, so it might as well be done properly.

Somers should be replaced by Dave King, then Jack Irvine & Media House should be next, followed by replacing the broker and NOMAD Daniel Stewart & co with one which isn't so closely linked to Whyte.

That would do for starters.

King as chairmen would be pointless owner or not at all and how predictable that Stockbridge leaving wouldnt stop the rebels

Glad it seems to have been done the right way , as in the review and not by mob rule mentality.

I was happy to leave the judging of his ability and culpability , to those in the know - his fellow board members. If , as seems likely , they've decided his not up to it , then it's for the best.

This.

If the board decided this for professional reasons then fine.

A bitter blow for the rebels. They have nobody to blame now.

On the plus side, if they are right we all now unify in a hitherto unseen display of togetherness.

All the club's financial troubles are now over and we can all trust the board.

Can't we ?

I know. The REAL fans need to get off their lazy arses and stop these enemies now before the next campaign of lies and filth gets a foothold.

On a day when we should all be united at Stockbridge going the usual suspects start their paranoid shite and suddenly the Easdales and Somers jump up the 'Bogeyman League'

It's almost Bheast like behaviour

The Rebs are STILL beeling. Stockbridge is gone and they smell blood. Now its Somers and the Easdales. We will never survive if we cannot just let GW and the Board get on with it. Let them get their plan in place and get us on a sound financial footing.

The AGM is over. Let's get back to normal and stop the inane infighting.

Never said it wasnt

So it's certainly not justification for the fifth columnists and the Tweetwankers to start a campaign against them just because he told them a few home truths.

The board need to be allowed to get on with running the club with some stability.

That is what we need more than anything.

Sniping at the Easdales and Somers is Bheast like antics

On a day when we should all be united at Stockbridge going the usual suspects start their paranoid shite and suddenly the Easdales and Somers jump up the 'Bogeyman League'

It's almost Bheast like behaviour

Sadly true. Evidence of their continued support of the failed businessman Paul Murray.

We really need to start shouting them down at every opportunity.

So it's certainly not justification for the fifth columnists and the Tweetwankers to start a campaign against them just because he told them a few home truths.

The board need to be allowed to get on with running the club with some stability.

That is what we need more than anything.

Sniping at the Easdales and Somers is Bheast like antics

What you telling me for? Have you mixed my comment up with Zappa or CC?

I have no issue with either, and haven't said anything to the contrary.

You think it's positive BS has left?

Wonder what the going rate for a competent replacement would be. The replacement would be FD for a first div club in the third tier of Scottish football albeit it is the most successful football club in Scotland and aspires to return to the top flight and to winning the top flight league and to European football as fast as it can and with (if I recall correctly) a five year objective to achieve this. What good quality candidates would be up for the challenge of running the finances of the Club which is currently going through a big review to achieve big cuts in its costs and the new FD would be a key player in delivering these cuts and in accounting for the tangible savings the cuts will need to make. Money looks like it may be tight through to the end of the season so hard yards ahead in calling the financial shots on what can be spent and what can't. And big decisions will be needed on what to charge for STs and match day tickets next season and in setting a budget and operating framework for player acquisitions. The new FD would be in near constant media spotlight (a) because of the importance of the cuts and of persistent hints of further financial doom and gloom; and (b) to check what connections the new FD has / had / might have had / was rumoured to have had / theoretically could have had with the SDM, Whyle, Green, Ahmed, Stockbridge, the Reqs and anyone else where the connection could be spun as somehow being not in Rangers' best interests. It is far from clear whether the new FD would be judged on his or her job performance. These days that seems a bit anecdotal (not irrelevant or even unimportant but not necessarily the predominant reason you might retain your job at Ibrox). There is no commercial director to work with to work on the flip side of cuts ie to generate more and better commercial deals and revenue opportunities and no plans (it seems) to get a commercial director. So maybe the Board is looking for a multi-talented FD - one who is more than competent with an FD role and a comparable size commercial enterprise; one who is media-savvy and good in front of the press and a good communicator with multiple Supporter groups; can dual-hat as the commercial director; and is squeaky clean of any relationships with any former Directors at Ibrox. What do you pay for that sort of super-star who is prepared to join this journey with all of the financial perils it seems it is still facing? Which top-flight FD would take that role - any suggestions? And what can we afford to pay that person? Certainly no bonuses - they are out because they are just too controversial for this third tier Club and probably can't be considered until a return to the top flight. Besides which its not affordable. Basic salary - got to be a lot less than £200k PA . Why? Because cuts are needed so at least 15% less may need to be seen to be the deal as a way of leading from the front. Could the CEO and Board get someone credible and who did all of the above for (say) a basic of £125k? Will be interested to see. Most of the FD's I've known in various business - admittedly bigger commercial outfits than Rangers but not a single one of them have had to endure the sort of media and other scrutiny that happens at Rangers - would not get out of bed for that sort of number, and would not have got out of bed for the £200k that BS was on. So either the CEO / Board get lucky and get a good quality FD for a knock down salary - a Rangers man or woman for whom the honour of working for the Club is more important that the salary, or they have to choose the best of those who are selected for interview from a pool of candidates who would be happy to work under the strain of life at Ibrox for a salary maybe a lot lower than £200k PA. I hope the CEO and Board have some very good candidates in mind who would bite at the chance to take the job. No doubt we'll see soon enough. I hope it is a wise choice.

The 'stopped at wonder' crew won't have a clue about this very good post.

You raise some great points in there, RB.

If we need to pay a premium to get players who can handle playing at Rangers, we sure as hell will to get a decent FD now!