what youngsters are good enough for the first team ?

skinnymate1690

our performances have been shit recently and there are a number of first team players that need dropped imo even if it is just to show them they arent undropable

i know there are a few guys on here who watch the reserves and the u19s so was just wondering if there is anyone that stands out and who they think could or should be making the step up to the first team

Having seen the reserves 5 times this season,the only 1 that's impressed me is Gallagher up front,he's strong.holds the ball up well

He's got a good first touch,maybe not just now but certainly in the coming Months,I would give him a game

They all deserve a chance to prove they are good enough can Stoney or Gallacher be as good or better than Little Shiels or even Daly? Can Ramsey, Telfer or Murdoch do a better or worse job than Black, Petalta or Law in recent games? We should find out and the only way to do that is to give them some first team experience even just as subs

Yet recently we left an empty space on the subs bench. Crazy!

Yup and in that game and the game before both Telfer and Murdoch were unused subs then as soon as Black and Peralta were back from bans the young lads were back with the U20s. Ally seems to think you can only bring a youth player on if we are 4 or 5 up, he doesn't seem willing to see if youthful desire and energy can changea game more than humping another long ball from Jig to Daly hoping for a goal.

Yet in the SPL McCabe came in and was a revelation (over exaggeration alert!) when played from the start.

We need to trust these you boys. It isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of the youth setup if we don't even fill the bench or trust these guys with 30 mins in the 3rd tier.

None of them will ever be good enough until we start giving them a chance to gain experience in amongst our first team. Sending them out to part time sides does nothing for them in my opinion.

I think you are right to an extent, ALP,

But i don't think that Ally is too keen to push them into the first team, at this time in their development.

They would also probably, not get the desired amount of games in the first team, to be able to make a proper assessment of them.

So by farming them out to even part time teams is, I believe, the way that they will be able to get game time, and the experience they require before moving up to the next level of their game.

It is a very fine line bringing on youth players' in general, and it is only the very outstanding player that ever moves on to the top relatively quick. the rest I'm afraid, take time and patience to develop........if ever.

I agree with you that it can be frustrating, but at the end of road, it is beneficial to our youth, and our first team. :7325:

Yet in the SPL McCabe came in and was a revelation (over exaggeration alert!) when played from the start.

We need to trust these you boys. It isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of the youth setup if we don't even fill the bench or trust these guys with 30 mins in the 3rd tier.

He was one of the rare one's, i'll agree, but in one of his last ever games for us, against the scum, commons caught him out proper and showed the lad up badly.He got shot down in flames, and showed his lack of first team knowledge i'm afraid. Most times a baptism of fire will end up badly for the inexperienced player and can push his development back enormously.

I do agree, when a lad is at the right stage in his road up, he should be allowed a 30 minute run out as part of his development. That makes sense. :7325:

The league's won . The 100% record gone . So we'll never have a better opportunity to play the youths. If we don't play them now it's hard to see it ever happen. Let's see what the likes of Crawford or Gasparotto do in an extended run.

As for the even younger ones - Telfer , Stoney etc , I see nothing wrong in giving them match day experience at Ibrox and occasionally sticking them on for the last half hour .

Waste of time having these discussion because all they do is cause untold bickering.

The kids aren't going to play under McCoist unless there are literally no other options.

Crawford, Gallagher,Gasparotto, McAusland, McKay, McLeod, Aird, Clark, Little.

They may get a game but none are seen as regular 1st choices and in McLeod's case he is being moved to accomodate an absolute bell end in Black and an under performing Law.

Last season (and the start of this season) players like Crawford, Gallacher, McAusland, McKay, McLeod and Gallacher deserved to play more this season than they have.

A team with 4 or 5 of them coupled with seasoned pros would still have walked this league and would have another 30 or 40 games under their belt in the process.

As it stands i will be astonished if any of them are regulars in the 1st team if and when we return to the SPFL

Waste of time having these discussion because all they do is cause untold bickering.

The kids aren't going to play under McCoist unless there are literally no other options.

Crawford, Gallagher,Gasparotto, McAusland, McKay, McLeod, Aird, Clark, Little.

They may get a game but none are seen as regular 1st choices and in McLeod's case he is being moved to accomodate an absolute bell end in Black and an under performing Law.

Last season (and the start of this season) players like Crawford, Gallacher, McAusland, McKay, McLeod and Gallacher deserved to play more this season than they have.

A team with 4 or 5 of them coupled with seasoned pros would still have walked this league and would have another 30 or 40 games under their belt in the process.

As it stands i will be astonished if any of them are regulars in the 1st team if and when we return to the SPFL

And we would have saved a fortune and wouldn't even entertain silly bids for Lee Wallace. Instead we got Smith and Foster who will need replaced anyway come 2015/16.

I would rather we lose our unbeaten record and actually blood some of the youngsters to see how if they are any good.

We know guys like Perry, Hegarty etc aren't good enough but lets give the likes of Gasparotto, Murdoch, Gallagher and Telfer a chance to see what they can do.

By not giving them games at this level and next season, they will not be ready for our return to the Premier. This in turn means we will have to buy players or sign players on silly wages.

When you look at the young guys we have, you could play;

Gallagher

McAusland, Gasparotto, Jig, Wallace

Aid, McLeod, Law, McKay

Little, Clark

I would rather we lose our unbeaten record and actually blood some of the youngsters to see how if they are any good.

We know guys like Perry, Hegarty etc aren't good enough but lets give the likes of Gasparotto, Murdoch, Gallagher and Telfer a chance to see what they can do.

Records are their for ego purposes only.

You see it with the Lurgan Bigot raving about how many wins and clean sheets. No one apart from him gives a fuck about these hollow records. The proof was in the CL where they were humiliated.

An unbeaten record in these dvisions is hardly something to crow about.

We know what should have happened and what we would like to see but it simply isn't going to happen.

Smith and Foster are two of the worst players i have ever witnessed playing for us. We let them go then resign them.

We persevere with duds like Black and punt McLeod wide on the left.

McAusland played well in the first 6 games then was bombed out completely. Farmed out on loan when the experience of playing in the 1st team woul have been far more beneficial.

These threads just piss me off at what might have been.

By not giving them games at this level and next season, they will not be ready for our return to the Premier. This in turn means we will have to buy players or sign players on silly wages.

When you look at the young guys we have, you could play;

Gallagher

McAusland, Gasparotto, Jig, Wallace

Aid, McLeod, Law, McKay

Little, Clark

When you see it like that i despair. On paper that is not a bad team at all. Not world beaters but you can't tell me we would struggle any more than we do now.

I like the lad Crawford who has a real football brain.

I would be tempted to line up 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 depending on the fluidity of the game

Bell

McAusland

Gasparotto

Mohsni

Wallace

Law

McLeod

McKay

Templeton

Clark

Crawford