Student discounts

Inigo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pasta with melted butter is a perfectly acceptable breakfast/lunch/dinner

You'll learn the wonders of proper food some day, my man. It's an eye opener. There's herbs and spices and all sorts of things. Becoming a proper person is the dugs baws, although I miss being a student too. Showers, cars and proper clothes are other things you'll gain! You'll lose things too, right enough, like your sense of self-importance and your earnestness (hopefully, because students are irritating as fuck because of them).

:lol:

It's funny cos it's true

All the brain boxes and Uni bound cunts that excelled at school with me all work in supermarkets, petrol stations or KFC

Not that there's anything wrong with those places as a job is a job these days but for the brainy ones it's funny as fuck

Brainy people will be doing courses you can actually get a job in, not shite like History etc

You'll end up workin in McDonald's wae the rest of the masterminds wae plastic degrees !

What about people with degrees in Science, Medicine, Engineering and all that?

Fuck off. History is useful. Helps you get loads of different kinds of jobs.

History degree detected

You don't have a degree or a trade these days you're destined to a career in boring, menial, low paid jobs.

Someone has to do them...thanks for that ;)

On the evidence of this you didn't get one in English. Looks like it's borin, menial low paid gigs then ! Lol

On the evidence of this you didn't get one in English. Looks like it's borin, menial low paid gigs then ! Lol

Not for me mate ;)

I'll take Maths and Computing over English any day. A degree in English is a sure fire career in teaching. those who can do...those who can't teach, the rest fight for what's left.

:pipe:

the attendances do tend to drop a bit this time of year (weather, money etc) so any scheme that can get more bums on seats is a good one. hopefully a few folk will be tempted by the quarter season books as well. and yes I still call them books my wee bro cooper keeps telling me their cards but fook him he's only 14 haha

Not for me mate ;)

I'll take Maths and Computing over English any day. A degree in English is a sure fire career in teaching. those who can do...those who can't teach, the rest fight for what's left.

Funny you should say that. My other half has an English degree and is now 5 years into an analyst/programmer job. Employers often look at the transferrable skills. Degrees can get you employed well outside of the subject area. From the people she knew in her course, sure fire teacher it is not.

Not for me mate ;)

Good Luck wae whatever you do, different days starting out now, not a lot left here now in any game. Used to be in my game if you started in a new job and didn't like it you could virtually chuck it at lunchtime and be in another in the efternoon. Happy Daze ! Be Lucky !

Funny you should say that. My other half has an English degree and is now 5 years into an analyst/programmer job. Employers often look at the transferrable skills. Degrees can get you employed well outside of the subject area. From the people she knew in her course, sure fire teacher it is not.

That's very true mate. If you have the aptitude to successfully complete a degree you can pretty much learn to do any job. With regards teaching I meant doing a job related to your degree.

I feel for some of the kids these days who can't afford to go to uni because there isn't the excellent alternatives there used to be.

I really enjoy my job and couldn't imagine waking up every day dreading going to work.