Letter to the Herald re: Roll of (Dis) Honour

Blue72

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SNP's legislation refers to offensive behaviour by football fans

This is offensive behaviour by football fans

In a non-footballing context. Who is to say it is just football fans?

Its disgraceful, but not illegal.

It is no different from arresting someone for buying Mein Kampf.

U got his email address?

He's on twitter....

I see it's still in the iTunes top 40.....in many ways the best thing to happen would be for it to make it into the uk top 40 because outside of this country where the press continue to sweep their antics under the carpet there would be wide condemnation. Let's see how the English media respond to it and I seriously hope the families and victims of these scum demand action.

In a non-footballing context. Who is to say it is just football fans?

Its disgraceful, but not illegal.

It is no different from arresting someone for buying Mein Kampf.

This is a campaign by the official Celtc supporters seeking to sing the song at football matches

Its nothing to do with Mein Kampf - completely irrelevant comparison

They don't want to sing about terrorist murderers in their front rooms

They want to praise them in football grounds up and down the country

This is a campaign by the official Celtc supporters seeking to sing the song at football matches

Its nothing to do with Mein Kampf - completely irrelevant comparison

They don't want to sing about terrorist murderers in their front rooms

They want to praise them in football grounds up and down the country

It is really not.

It is really not.

A typical Tim like deflection to nazis

These people want to glorify murderers who killed the family and friends of people still alive, many of them good Rangers supporters

And they want to do it in football grounds up and down the country

And you have no issue with it?

A typical Tim like deflection to nazis

These people want to glorify murderers who killed the family and friends of people still alive, many of them good Rangers supporters

And they want to do it in football grounds up and down the country

And you have no issue with it?

If they do it inside football grounds, then they should be arrested as they are breaking the law.

Its not an offence to buy a song though.

If they do it inside football grounds, then they should be arrested as they are breaking the law.

Its not an offence to buy a song though.

Displaying support for a proscribed organisation is an offence under the prevention of terrorism act

This song supports convicted terrorists who belonged to a proscribed organisation

Displaying support for a proscribed organisation is an offence under the prevention of terrorism act

This song supports convicted terrorists who belonged to a proscribed organisation

It is not an offence to buy this song. Report it to the police and prove me wrong if you like, but I bet it goes nowhere, because it is not illegal.

Given your stance, I would suggest that you report Amazon and Apple as by your logic they are also breaking the law. I dont think they are though.

lets face it,jobby hands and his messy band of murderers died for fuck all,we know that,they know that,all their doing is letting the whole country know they would rather sympathise with a sectarian (for bheasts looking in yes sectarian and don't deny it) murder gang than realise bombs never sorted anything,one hundred years ago men went to fight for this land,for Europe,even brave young men from bheast fc,and how do you repay them? by glorifying those who would see innocents killed.

Hang your heads in shame bheasts,you've reached new depths I didn't even think were possible

That is absolutely pathetic. If they believe a crime is being commuted they just want you to fix it yourself? And if they don't they want your to harass someone?

I would imagine this would be them saying that it is not an offence, but contacting Apple may get them to volunteer to take it down.

Police Scotland can only do something about it if it is breaking the law. I dont think it is.

It is not an offence to buy this song. Report it to the police and prove me wrong if you like, but I bet it goes nowhere, because it is not illegal.

Given your stance, I would suggest that you report Amazon and Apple as by your logic they are also breaking the law. I dont think they are though.

Under the terrorism act 2006 it is an offence to produce media that either incites or glorifies terrorism.

Under the terrorism act 2006 it is an offence to produce media that either incites or glorifies terrorism.

Im sure that they would argue that this song does not incite or glorify terrorism itself.

It of course glorifies people who were terrorists. It is a subtle difference but it matters.

Its a bit like 'A Long Walk to Freedom'. Some people would possibly consider that this glorifies terrorism to some extent, but it would be wrong to ban it or arrest folk for reading it!

Im sure that they would argue that this song does not incite or glorify terrorism itself.

It of course glorifies people who were terrorists. It is a subtle difference but it matters.

Its a bit like 'A Long Walk to Freedom'. Some people would possibly consider that this glorifies terrorism to some extent, but it would be wrong to ban it or arrest folk for reading it!

I'm not being argumentative or funny but what I can't understand is if the song is not illegal then why is it banned from being sung at football stadiums? I'm genuinely interested to know what's the difference between being allowed to be in the charts where people who have bought it presumably sing along in their cars, houses etc to not being allowed to sing it in , say the piggery?

The Critical Difference between Nelson Mandela and these scummy 10 is that Mandela redeemed himself. He realised that violence and acts of terror did not work and so resorted to more peaceful and diplomatic methods.

The 10 scumbags did not. They thought only of themselves with their hunger strikes. Mandela served his time and learned the proper way to fight for change,

He succeeded and the IRA failed, tells you all you need to know.

Mandela got international support, the IRA do not have such a thing, again....very telling.

Well it looks like the Governments in Westminster and Holyrood, Radio 1, and the MSM do not give a fuck about their own people, listeners or readers!

The only people who do are the press in Belfast!

This country has gone to utter hell!

Dont think the governments should get involved.

Radio 1 should be refusing to play it though and the MSM should be condemning it.

I'm not being argumentative or funny but what I can't understand is if the song is not illegal then why is it banned from being sung at football stadiums? I'm genuinely interested to know what's the difference between being allowed to be in the charts where people who have bought it presumably sing along in their cars, houses etc to not being allowed to sing it in , say the piggery?

Its a good question. The law is fucking stupid.

The Critical Difference between Nelson Mandela and these scummy 10 is that Mandela redeemed himself. He realised that violence and acts of terror did not work and so resorted to more peaceful and diplomatic methods.

The 10 scumbags did not. They thought only of themselves with their hunger strikes. Mandela served his time and learned the proper way to fight for change,

He succeeded and the IRA failed, tells you all you need to know.

Mandela got international support, the IRA do not have such a thing, again....very telling.

They would argue that the acts they are glorifying are that of peaceful protest.

Also, the hunger strikers did indeed receive international praise, including that of Nelson Mandela I believe. I disagree as the hunger strikers knew that their deaths would result in more violence and killing.