Dean Shiels Named In NI Squad

elephants stoned

Well done to Deano but why has Ally dropped him again? Scored a few goals and was doing well but dropped for no reason i can see. Can get picked for NI so not injured again. Can see Deano leaving in the summer tbh.

Does he not have 'a knee knock' that has seen him stay on the bench as a precaution. We have really missed hkm the last two games.

Does he? Cant be too bad if he's been called up though, still he could have played some part last night when we needed a goal.

Injured players still get called up for games so their own physios can make a judgement, and if it's not too bad then they might play some part of the game. I'm sure the seriousness of any possible injury would have been discussed between the two managers first before a decision was made. As someone else said he might not have played purely as a precaution due to the state of the pitch. Oh and congratz to him for getting the call up, hope he does well.

Does he? Cant be too bad if he's been called up though, still he could have played some part last night when we needed a goal.

This is what someone said prior to the Stenny game. Shiels has generally been on good form since his return, and I hope resting him means he's back in the starting XI sooner rather than later. He'll probably travel to Cyprus, but I don't think he'll see much action as he is a little down the NI pecking order.