Nail your colours to the mast.

EatDolphins

538 members have voted

1. 1. The way forward

Paying over the odds = Paying more than something is worth.

Why should we when we don't have money to throw about?

And it's broke the bank before.

why should we? - nobody will come and play for us thats why - and we dont have a youth system to fall back on - I am talking about paying a little bit extra - not signing someone like Tore andre Flo.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why should we? - nobody will come and play for us thats why - and we dont have a youth system to fall back on - I am talking about paying a little bit extra - not signing someone like Tore andre Flo.

Sorry mate but that's bollocks. And anybody we have to throw money at to entice them to play for us, shouldn't be playing for us anyway.

People voting for him to stay MUST be timposters takin' the piss, surely! It's the only logical answer!

Edit: I can see that will probably cause offence to some people, being accused of that, especially given I've only a few posts, so I've amended it slightly...

dont call me a fuckin timposter.

Just deluded then

Honestly, you're one of the most arrogant posters on here. All you do is attack others for having a different opinion than yours, and if you don't manage to force them to agree with your opinion you attack their credibility. Pathetic behaviour. Learn to accept not everyone agrees with you.

Honestly, you're one of the most arrogant posters on here. All you do is attack others for having a different opinion than yours, and if you don't manage to force them to agree with your opinion you attack their credibility. Pathetic behaviour. Learn to accept not everyone agrees with you.

Still greetin I see.

Poor wee soul

Still greetin I see.

Poor wee soul

Still greetin I see.

Poor wee soul

Sorry for bursting your very enlarged bubble, no I'm not. I just live in the hope that you perhaps take on board others views instead of arrogantly discounting them and attacking anyone with dissimilar opinions. However, I don't have much faith in it happening. But still, worth a try.

I'd give the first team coaches, 12 months notice or whatever is required to end the 12 month rolling contracts. Hopefully McCoist will do the right thing and resign at the end of the season. Not sure what i'd do with Gordon Durie seems to have the under 20s playing well. Who to get in? I'd go for Clough if he'd take it, if not McLeish is still available.

the swansea example of how they made up the leagues in england was one we should have taken inspiration from but sadly it didn't work out that way

It didn't even need to be as complex as that.

Once we got booted into SD3 it should have been a case of back to the SPL as quickly and as cheaply as possible. A few veterans, a few youngsters and a couple of also rans would have been enough to see us to The Championship in the way that Gretna, Livingston, Alloa and Queen of the South went about achiveing promotions in recent years.

While that was on going the share issue should have been used to improve the infastructure of the club by building a scouting network, improving the youth set and stockpiling money for when we made it back to the SPL. That would have given them three years to get it up and running.

Some will obviously say we would have had issues with selling tickets but as the man who every fan trusts/trusted, McCoist could have come out laid out the vision and almost charmed the more sceptikal fans into buying into it too. Instead we signed a bunch of SPL players on the deals of their lives and talked about winning a domestic trophy which not only raised expectations, it set standards that the current pool are looking like being well short of achieving.

Now we have a load of decent at best SPL players on the deals of their lives, a load of players who are never good enough to play for us on decent length contracts, no scouting network, a reserve/U20 team full of youngsters who are undefeated over close to two seasons (IIRC) and still only one graduate in Macleod who has played anywhere near as many games as they must have expected to get once we were demoted and not a penny of the 20 million share issue left either.

The entire rebuild has been a farce from bottom to top and now we are 18 months away from the SPL with no money, a group of youngsters who have missed out on the best chance they will ever get to play first team football and a team full of players who are nowehere near good enough for the level we need to perform at.

It's just a complete mess really.

Get them all out and get coaches who can train, bring the youngsters on and actually make these players work. A manager who is a leader and actually has a grasp of tactics and when to use them, Ally McCoist simply isnt a leader. Finally a scouting team who can make the club millions whilst Rangers reap the benefits on the pitch. We need a clear out.

It breaks my heart but Ally has to go and he has to take the others with him. None of them seem to know how to change a game and we are struggling to get past any teams we play. Yesterday the players lacked hunger and I felt that this shows a total lack of respect for our Manager. It's a sad day when a team doesn't appear to want to win the Scottish Cup