Sunday's stats

BigDak

I was wondering earlier what the possession stats were on Sunday for the second half.

When I went on the BBC site for the game it said that the stats for the game overall were 60-40.

Now I remember seeing on Sky that the stats for the first half were 70-30 so that would mean that the BBC is saying that the possession was 50-50 in the second half on Sunday.

That doesn't seem right to me.

I'm not quire sure what I'm expecting anyone to say, I just wanted to get this off my chest.

sure you don't wanna rethink your arithmetic?

Emm, I thought that was right.

If the first half was 70-30 then to average out the whole game as 60-40 would that not need to make 50-50 the second half, i.e. 70+50/2 (halves) = 60 and similarly 30+50/2(halves) = 40?

Am I being stupid? :)

You and me both

Thanks. I was beginning to worry I'd just made a complete tit of myself!

If I remember correctly, different broadcasters/websites work out possession stats slightly differently hence the discrepancies.

That's quite a big discrepancy though, you not think?

I don't understand how a team who had 3 shots total and only one on target could have so much possession. Their goalkeeper must've bumped their possession up with the 15 seconds that he took every time he had the ball.

There we go. That put's the issue to bed.

I still don't know how that came about, though.

Maybe the second half was that bad I've had some form of trauma induced amnesia and forgot that Rovers had half the possession.

Have I stumbled on to a countdown thread? Where's the burd that does the letters and numbers, she's gorgeous.

You need to get over to the OT for her. She's in the thread about hot birds or normal birds better than pin ups, one of the two :)

I've said it on another thread: I just don't get why people are saying Albion played well.

They didn't. They played to their plan but were rotten.

I think that's something that the media likes to gloss over.

I've said it on another thread: I just don't get why people are saying Albion played well.

They didn't. They played to their plan but were rotten.

I think that's something that the media likes to gloss over.

They defended brilliantly mate, but they played little to no actuall football.

Talking to a mate that plays for Peterhead,and he told me they have been on a great run of late,with only one defeat and one draw in 16 games.

The draw was against surprise,surprise...Albion Rovers 0-0.Everyone behind the ball and defend for your lifes is the way they play.

Talking to a mate that plays for Peterhead,and he told me they have been on a great run of late,with only one defeat and one draw in 16 games.

The draw was against surprise,surprise...Albion Rovers 0-0.Everyone behind the ball and defend for your lifes is the way they play.

There was a reason they hadn't lost a goal in the cup until Sunday.

they are on a pretty impressive cup run, not bad for a team of postmen :lol:

That's true, I can't argue with that and I get what you mean.

I suppose it depends on how you look at it.

I can imagine there could be a lot of pedantic conversations about what is exactly meant by "good" but I just think that to say Albion played well is a different matter from them defending well and I think everyone is so caught up in how badly we played/how well they defended that a lot of the truth of the match is being hidden.

If I remember correctly, different broadcasters/websites work out possession stats slightly differently hence the discrepancies.

You're right. BBC have a process where Rangers' possession is reduced by 15%, the shots on goal by 50% and the fouls conceded is doubled, with the converse applying to their opposition.

There was a reason they hadn't lost a goal in the cup until Sunday.

they are on a pretty impressive cup run, not bad for a team of postmen :lol:

Correct,with a set plan and a shed load of luck,anything is possible.

Set pieces is their only outlet,which we discovered to our cost.

As Oleg says in post 18, it is after all the CBBC, big Pedro's pet broadliecasting company.

In the second Cammy Bell, statistically speaking, gave out 2500 autographs, knitted a complex romper and mitts and a lovely wee bonnet, for his new family arrival. The linesman was also eyeing him up suspiciously, when he went to the crowd and asked if he could join them as there was more going on in the stands than in our half of the pitch. :7325: