Jackie McNamara - Bitter as foook.

How can a club with average gates of what, 6,000 or 7,000, demand 25,000 tickets for a semi-final?

The people who should be looked after first are the competing clubs' season ticket holders, they are the ones going regularly and ploughing money into the game.

We have over 30,000 who do that and they should get a ticket before any glory hunters from Dundee. 13,000 for United is overly generous when they have a hard core support of around half of that.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually sure Tanner says "Rangers won that one, didn't we"

Tanner Loyal :uk:

hahah Tanner owns bitter Jackie there. Typical taig, always have an excuse for how it's different and no fair with them even when someone proves it's not, diddums

It's the rules, this isn't a new concept. It happens all the time down south, As i said, very hypothetical, but it proves the point...if we won the Scottish Cup, and next season played Man U in the Europa League final, by your logic then Man U would be entitled to a bigger allocation and you'd have no problem with that? ...But if that were to happen then there's no way you would accept that, you'd quite rightly be raging and think we should get half the allocation. As i said, its hypothetical as chances are we wouldn't get in Europe next year, and ofc there's no way we would get to the final, and neither Man U at the rate they are going. But it's the same point.

Fa Cup semi final allocation 2014

Arsenal 42000

Wigan 21000.

Fa Cup semi final allocation 2014

Arsenal 42000

Wigan 21000.

Aye, because they know Wigan won't sell more. But even still , it proves my point. How many ST holders have Arsenal got, over 50k, how many have Wigan got, like 10k? So it proves my point lol, based purely on ST sales/average attendances, Arsenal have been done over as Wigan have got a lot more tickets than they have ST holders/average attendances, whereas Arsenal have got less

So that's what i've been saying all along :pipe:

There is no real that says so and so must half tickets directly.

Comparing us and Man Utd is just madness, we both can fill our 50,000-70,000 grounds and take thousands to away games every other week.

When we played Villarreal we took more to Spain,than Man Utd ,Everton ,Bheasts and Arsenal combined.. They had all played in the space of a couple of years.

hahah Tanner owns bitter Jackie there. Typical taig, always have an excuse for how it's different and no fair with them even when someone proves it's not, diddums

Jackie is so bhitter he really lets the mask slip when he goes on about "we won the league...blah blah stopped 10 in a row...!?" seething and oozing nothing bit hatred and bigotry. I look forward to his post match interview after the Rangers have skelpt his wee diddy team in the Semi at Scotlands only 5 Star Stadia.*****. Get the excuses in early jackie bhoy.. Tanner done well showing him up for what wee jackie really is..

Could Dundee Utd really sell out 20/25k?

How many fans do they get at home usually?

I say we give Dundee Utd the chance to sell 25k and we get 25k. Whatever they don't sell we sell.

Still gonna feel like a home tie.

Personally i think they could. A chance to beat us on our own turf, added to the fact the hatred is greater than ever between the two clubs and they will be favourites. Their fans will be confident of giving us a hammering and none of them will want to miss that

Did anyone see the interview with Jackie McNamara at the end of tonight's game? Oh what a bitter man lol, still whinging on about the venue being at Ibrox, and crying out for "equal allocation".

Then the host turns to him and says:

"Didn't you play for Celtic against Rangers in a cup final at Parkhead? That Rangers went on to win 2-0, Wasn't that home advantage?"

Jackie: "Emm Emm, No I was injured, and it's different for the Old firm"

- Allocation should reflect average league attendances, so about 10,000 should do United.

year?

Jackie is so bhitter he really lets the mask slip when he goes on about "we won the league...blah blah stopped 10 in a row...!?" seething and oozing nothing bit hatred and bigotry. I look forward to his post match interview after the Rangers have skelpt his wee diddy team in the Semi at Scotlands only 5 Star Stadia.*****. Get the excuses in early jackie bhoy.. Tanner done well showing him up for what wee jackie really is..

hampdump is 5 star aswell mate

McNamara just seemed bitter, tanner was pushing the issue with him, McCann being a spineless prick as always.

No chance they'll get more than 15,000 there.

I don't think he's spineless at all.

There was a great monologue from McCann around the time of EBTs and title stripping about how no was could take his achievements and medals from him.

Well being pedantic, we don't sell out as such every week, yes we get incredible attendances, but not 48/49k, more 42/43k or so, so not a complete sell out. Whereas Man U get like 70k home fans per game. All i'm saying is going on the logic of this thread, in the hypothetical situation that we ever played Man U in a cup final, then they would be entitled to more tickets than us as they could argue that they sell 70k per home game whereas we don't even sell out our 50k seater. Not that i think this should happen, i'm going on the logic of this thread. But yet if we did ever play them in a cup final, the same people who are saying Dundee United shouldn't get 50% against us, would say that we should get 50% against anyone in a cup final e.g Man U, Bayern Munich etc

Listen i absolutely hate Dundee Hivs, and their complaints about the venue are laughable and utterly pathetic, sounds like they are running scared. Only 2 teams i hate more than them are celtic and aberdeen, but they are entitled to 50% allocation here.

Okay the final is at an 80,000 seat stadium ManUre have 70,000 season ticket holders Rangers have 43,000 a 50/50 split give each club the opportunity to sell ONLY to season ticket holders, that is why I would be pushing for a 50/50 split in your hypothetical final, With Dundscum Hibs they have 7000 season ticket holders Rangers have 43,000 ergo 43,000 to Rangers 7,000 to Dundscum Hibs that way tickets go only to season ticket holders. And we a'ken the extra tickets would be bought up by their mongrel cousins from the East of Glasgow, you know the club that 1. Cannot fill their own stadium and 2. Cannot reach a cup semi-final even when all real competition from the league is removed for them.

Aye, that was 6 years ago. The demand from them now is higher, just like the demand from Rangers fans is also higher. It works both ways.

All i'm saying is they can get to fuck with moaning about the venue, they have fuck all point there, but they have a point with this, whether people like it or not.

So ALL their season ticket holders can get about 4 tickets each, yet we won't have enough tickets to cater for all our season ticket holders. Where's the fairness in that? We should be rewarding those that keep coming, week in, week out, to support Rangers, & , Scottish football, not rewarding Glory Hunters!

They should get about 6 000 tickets, we should get 35 000 tickets, then split the remainder 50/50, that's the fairest way IMHO...

Personally i think they could. A chance to beat us on our own turf, added to the fact the hatred is greater than ever between the two clubs and they will be favourites. Their fans will be confident of giving us a hammering and none of them will want to miss that

You have managed to wind me up on this issue. Tell me where was the hullabaloo when Aberdeen got 40k tickets for the scumdome on Sunday? Neutral venue with a markedly uneven split of tickets, remember for the purposes of the semi final Ibrox is officially nuetral. As decreed by the SFA.

Based on season ticket sales and average home gate, Dundee United are getting far more than their fair share of the allocation.

As someone said previously, why should a Rangers season ticket holder who has gone to every game this season and put a lot of money into Scottish football, miss out because a Dundee United glory hunter wants to go to one game?

If they do insist on a 50/50 split and the authorities change their mind and give them this, then they should be made to pay for the seats in advance. Let's see how much Thompson trusts the United support in that instance........