Jackie McNamara - Bitter as foook.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the league our average attendance is approx 43000, DU is 7400. In thd cup our average is 22000, theirs is 6000. Anyone arguing that they should have a bigger tickeg allocation is bonkers. We know we have the fans, they on thd other hand struggle to fill half their stadium.

I think they should dry their eyes.

Personally i think they could. A chance to beat us on our own turf, added to the fact the hatred is greater than ever between the two clubs and they will be favourites. Their fans will be confident of giving us a hammering and none of them will want to miss that

Regardless of the teams involved.

It doesn't matter if the diddy team can sell 20k, these people don't go week in week out.

If these football tourists get rare tickets, it means that real fans from the other side are denied the chance to get one.

That is one way to drive real fans away from the game.

The SFA has a responsibility to look after the true fans and not pander to the Lorraine Kelly's of the world.

Tbh Utd have every right to try and get a 50/50 split, they are more than entitled to it. People go on about their average league attendance and how they should only get that much, but everyone knows that doesn't matter and hasn't for years and years. If we were playing Man U in the Europa League final one year, should they get more tickets than us? No and quite rightly so, and if Man U were wanting more tickets than we would quite rightly kick up a fuss. Hypothetical i know, but it's proving the point.

Dont be stupid... United will never get to the Europa Final with Moyes in charge.

I don't think JM was bitter at all.....sometimes I think out fans do ourselves no favours by taking offence to absolutely everything that is written or said.....diluting the affect when it is something worthwhile.

This. Some of us on here take offence to anything.

Thought Tanner was brilliant taking the pish right out of the wee shite.

His face was a picture.

I know some on here call Tanner a wanker but I don't think anyone can deny he's one of us.

His attitude is brilliant as if to say fuck it, I don't I mind if everybody knows.....

I don't think JM was bitter at all.....sometimes I think out fans do ourselves no favours by taking offence to absolutely everything that is written or said.....diluting the affect when it is something worthwhile.

Agree. Tanner was grilling him a bit regarding losing to Rangers and referring to "this whole allocation fiasco", of course Mcnamara's not going to give an inch. I can also see why he'd feel like it's an advantage to Rangers tbh. It's tough luck for them of course, get it up them.

I like Mccann (tu)

Agree. Tanner was grilling him a bit regarding losing to Rangers and referring to "this whole allocation fiasco", of course Mcnamara's not going to give an inch. I can also see why he'd feel like it's an advantage to Rangers tbh. It's tough luck for them of course, get it up them.

I like Mccann (tu)

I don't know what some people expect him to say? "Ach we wouldn't fill it anyway and rangers fans deserve the tickets"?? It seems unless everyone comes out praising us some people continue to take offence. His chairman put him in a difficult position and he stuck to the bare minimum response.

They're entitled to their share of the tickets. The whole home advantage thing for us is absolute bollocks though, these fixtures were decided before we got there, would they have changed the final if the beggars had got there? No chance.

The whole home advantage thing for us is absolute bollocks though, these fixtures were decided before we got there, would they have changed the final if the beggars had got there? No chance.

You're kind of making 2 separate points there mate. No it shouldn't be changed as it was done fairly, but it's a potential advantage to us at the same time. Which adds up to, nae luck cunts! Thing like that happen in the cup (tu)

You're kind of making 2 separate points there mate. No it shouldn't be changed as it was done fairly, but it's a potential advantage to us at the same time. Which adds up to, nae luck cunts! Thing like that happen in the cup (tu)

Aye I read that back and realised it's quite contradictingWhat I meant was, them saying it's working out as an advantage to us is utter bollocks, I don't believe for a second it will affect the outcome of the game.

Aye I read that back and realised it's quite contradictingWhat I meant was, them saying it's working out as an advantage to us is utter bollocks, I don't believe for a second it will affect the outcome of the game.

I think it will feel a bit like we are the home team, inevitably. But I agree it won't affect the result really.

Talking of bitter.....................

Rangers will hold a "massive advantage" with their home ground Ibrox hosting the Scottish Cup semi-final against Dundee United, says John Hartson.

The former Celtic striker said it was "unfair" and that Rangers should be in the away dressing room as "that will put the cat amongst the pigeons".

Aye, because they know Wigan won't sell more. But even still , it proves my point. How many ST holders have Arsenal got, over 50k, how many have Wigan got, like 10k? So it proves my point lol, based purely on ST sales/average attendances, Arsenal have been done over as Wigan have got a lot more tickets than they have ST holders/average attendances, whereas Arsenal have got less

So that's what i've been saying all along :pipe:

It's based on their ticket sales on previous appearances. Arsenal have 42000 STs.

Rangers will hold a "massive advantage" with their home ground Ibrox hosting the Scottish Cup semi-final against Dundee United, says John Hartson.

The former Celtic striker said it was "unfair" and that Rangers should be in the away dressing room as "that will put the cat amongst the pigeons".

does he have a valid and unemotional reason for the venue issue or the changing rooms idea - other than being "unfair" and "the cat among the pigeons" bit? these are hardly rational, well reasoned and well articulated arguments .

All the tims are coming out the woodwork and are shitting themselves as it is an advantage to us - but we didn't make the decision and the biggest advantage of all would have been handed to cellic if they made the final. But they didn't.

Wouldl that have been unfair? should cellic have had the away dressing room at cellic park if they had made the final?

aye we all know the answer John...Its just the way the cookie has crumbled...live with it.

Laughable. Nothing this arsehole says about us surprises me though.

This is totally irrelevant. We have been drawn as the "Home" team at a "neutral" semi final venue. That this happens to be Rangers usual home ground is just the luck of the draw.