3 of the best against the Tims…..but in which order!

Top Goal versus the Tims  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Every Goal against them is priceless and has been enjoyed,but which of the 3 below do you reckon is the best against the Yahoos?

• Ray Wilkins in the 5-1 Game at Ibrox
    • Jonas Thern at Ibrox
    • Pedro Mendes at The Piggery

Pedro Mendes goal is burned into my memory. Not age nor time will fade it or the amazement I was in for the rest of the day, it really was one of those moments when your body is electrified by what you've just seen. That game is probably the best I have seen in my life.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goals I have seen in person

1. Derek Johnston's header in his first game against them

2. Jelavics bender off the post, My father has just past and I will be ever convinced Dad bent that ball over the

3. Neil McCann when we won the league at the Piggery

BUT every goal against them is celebrated but the one that is going to stand out most is the winning goal against them next time we beat them.

One of the reasons i went for big Ray is that he was not a forward player it was outstanding. At that time it was the beginning of a lot of non Scots to the team. Rickie Fulton did a gag that the English army lead by a butcher all dressed in Rangers strips it was brilliant. We had a great wee song at the time about the English connection and the 9iar era took of.

Went for Wilkins because that was just a fantastic day. Was home on holiday, no ticket and figured I'd chance my arm and look for a 'spare' outside the ground. 10 minutes before kick-off, shouting 'any spares' and feeling dejected when a wee guy offers me a 'slip' from a ST book for 25 quid.

Bit his hand off and it was easily the best 25 quid I ever spent.

maybe not the "best" one, but one of my favorites

Love the way he started to take his top off, then remembered he had already been booked and decided against it :)

Watching it roll along then across the line was Forsythesque in agony before ecstasy (tu)

Pedro Mendes goal is burned into my memory. Not age nor time will fade it or the amazement I was in for the rest of the day, it really was one of those moments when your body is electrified by what you've just seen. That game is probably the best I have seen in my life.

Was sitting in a wee local bar in Turkey and the staff were playing cards, disinterested in the game.

I went absolutely mental at that goal and the locals were very close to getting me taken to the Turkish Leverndale :)

Tough choice as they were all stunning but I plucked for Thern, it didn't half scream throught the air into that top corner.

I'd agree with 1st Jan though, the Albertz goal in the 98 semi was utter delerium when he finally hit it

some others…in case you forgot any!!! :uk:

Breaks my heart seeing that Negri goal at Parkhead in the failed ten in a row season

Was a cagey game no much happening each end and a bit of a battle and Nergi came on after ages out, first touch and bang

Stubbs scored deep into injury time

A draw would have been a good and fair result any other time given the circumstances but it felt like a heartbreaking defeat coming away from that game

Was a brilliant day, should have won by more even

None of them would make my top three.

1. Lovenkrands injury time winner in the Cup Final. Will never be beaten, or would take something really special to do it.

2. Rod Wallace last minute goal at the Piggery.

3. Albertz goal vs them at the Piggery 1998 in the cup semi final. Ran half the length of the pitch, then bang top corner. Crowd went bonkers that day.

None of them would make my top three.

1. Lovenkrands injury time winner in the Cup Final. Will never be beaten, or would take something really special to do it.

2. Rod Wallace last minute goal at the Piggery.

3. Albertz goal vs them at the Piggery 1998 in the cup semi final. Ran half the length of the pitch, then bang top corner. Crowd went bonkers that day.

Lovenkrands winner hard to beat as my best old firm memory.We played great football and they tried to outmuscle us and failed.Worst feeling in the world was losing 1980 scottish final in last minute and this helped erase it from my memory.

John Brown's daisy cutter from 25/30 yards right into t

Marshall's bottom left hand post on N'erdy Day 1992

Mo Johnstone's lob at the Piggery the season or two before

Bert Kontermans thunderbolt at Hampden in early 2002

That Mojo goal was a good one cos his first game there he missed about 5 sitters ... through on goal with Bonner twice and I think the ball from one of them is still flying over Cambuslang