Kirk Broadfoot thinks Rangers should be awarded UEFA Cup

Read this on ESPN about it..

"In 2008, Reuters reported that a Spanish judge sent German authorities recordings that alleged Russian mafia figures tried to fix the UEFA Cup semifinal with Bayern in which the Russian side progressed after a 4-0 win in the second leg in St Petersburg. Zenit firmly denied the allegations and were never found guilty."

I never heard anything about that at the time?

The scottish mhedia were desperate for us not to win the uefa cup, we were slaughtered for our tactics week after week.

No way would they consider highlighting or investigating the above.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not interested in being awarded a trophy by default. That's not the way we do things, by all means have an investigation and get to the bottom of it, just don't attempt to award us anything.

If they got found guilty then someone is going to get it. I wouldn't say no. But we should receive the cash they got for winning it.

As we all know, football is about many things including ,belief, confidence, skill, tactics, luck and most important integrity.

Many posters are saying it does not matter as we were beaten "fairly" on the night. So I'll re-appraise that first sentence on the basis Zenit cheated on at least one occasion by influencing the referee, as admitted by an employee of theirs,

If a team know the referee is "onside", they are bound to have more belief, more confidence, they can be more skilful without worrying about it going wrong, their tactics will be more confident knowing the ref is biased, and they will expect more "luck" with referee decisions to go their way, all of which would be a major. major advantage to any team.

In the name of integrity the only fair decision would be to strip Zenit of the title, and rightfully award it to runners up. Bit unfair on the other teams Zenit "beat" but best practical solution.

I was at every game on that run and the way I feel is that if they cheated in any game that season or even in a previous season such as they shouldn't even have been in the competition, they should be punished regardless of which game they cheated in (if proven) but it doesn't really affect the final itself. Just because Zenit shouldn't have been there (maybe) doesn't mean we would have won it. True Zenit gubbed Bayern 4-0 at home in the semi, but would we have faired any better against them in the Final? This was their team in the semi home leg; fancy us against that lot? If they cheated in the final it's a different matter, we should be awarded the trophy, no argument.

Oliver Kahn Philipp Lahm mini_bresil.gifLúcio mini_argentine.gifMartín Demichelis Marcell Jansen mini_pays-bas.gifMarc van Bommel mini_bresil.gifZé Roberto Bastian Schweinsteiger mini_france.gifFranck Ribéry but.pngMiroslav Klose Lukas Podolski

It would be quite another matter in my view if they were proven to have bribed the referee in the final; then there's no question we should be awarded the trophy.

Perhaps someone should ask Fernando Ricksen about the bribery claims, I'm sure he would tell the truth at this stage of his life.

It would go to oldco mate

That's like saying we are a new club, which we are not. We are the same club with a different owning company, the SFA, SPFL and UEFA all acknowledge that. UEFA records show the Fiorentina that we beat in the semis as the same club that went into liquidation in 2002.

I thought that debate was long since put to bed.

That's like saying we are a new club, which we are not. We are the same club with a different owning company, the SFA, SPFL and UEFA all acknowledge that. UEFA records show the Fiorentina that we beat in the semis as the same club that went into liquidation in 2002.

Don't talk shite :lol: it would go to the old holding company. Rangers where around before any holding company. Anyway I'm off to get mwi catch ye

I think he's right mate, club gets the trophies, company gets the cash.

I was at every game on that run and the way I feel is that if they cheated in a game before the final or even in a previous season such as they shouldn't even have been in the competition, they should be punished but it doesn't really affect the final itself. Just because Zenit shouldn't have been there (maybe) doesn't mean we would have won it. True Zenit gubbed Bayern 4-0 at home in the semi, but would we have faired any better against them in the Final? This was their team in the semi home leg; fancy us against that lot?

Oliver Kahn Philipp Lahm mini_bresil.gifLúcio mini_argentine.gifMartín Demichelis Marcell Jansen mini_pays-bas.gifMarc van Bommel mini_bresil.gifZé Roberto Bastian Schweinsteiger mini_france.gifFranck Ribéry but.pngMiroslav Klose Lukas Podolski

It would be quite another matter in my view if they were proven to have bribed the referee in the final; then there's no question we should be awarded the trophy.

Perhaps someone should ask Fernando Ricksen about the bribery claims, I'm sure he would tell the truth at this stage of his life.

Which game do you think they most likely cheated in ? And why do you think they shouid be unpunished if they did cheat ?

Think someone should be asking EUFA about the bribery claims. and why would Ricksen know about dealings between a Russian team's player and a referee ?

Which game do you think they most likely cheated in ? And why do you think they shouid be unpunished if they did cheat ?

Think someone should be asking EUFA about the bribery claims. and why would Ricksen know about dealings between a Russian player and a referee ?

ONE allegation is that they cheated in the home leg of the semi. If true, they should not have been in the final. But I still don't think we should be awarded it automatically.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, of course they should be punished for cheating regardless of when it occurred. I'll edit previous post to make that clear.

Ricksen might know or have heard rumours. He was in the same dressing room, that's all I'm saying; plus unfortunately his career and life are almost over, so anything he says MAY have more credence, than someone who is not in that position and still has a career to protect. And before anyone jumps on me, I am not suggesting for one minute that Ricksen would have been involved; if there's one player less likely to be involved in bribery and confident in his own ability it's Fernando Ricksen.

Think someone should be asking EUFA about the bribery claims. and why would Ricksen know about dealings between a Russian team's player and a referee ?

he was on loan at zenit at the time so if one player in the team knew surely all of them would

If Zenit are guilty and the rules say that the title must go to the opposition team (us) then I'd take it. What would we do with it? Maybe UEFA could just award us the title on paper and keep the trophy. We didn't earn it and it wouldn't be right to have it sit in our trophy room.

I would say no to accepting anything like this unless it was demonstrated that they did it in the final, in which case I would definitely take it.

If they did bribe a ref in the cj am they wasted their money though, I loved the atmosphere, event and my extortionate tickets but we were nowhere near them.

They can start by compensation and the prize money they owe us if they cunts cheated . Looking back our biggest regret was not starting novo that night and really going for it , I'll take the prize money anyday but it would be a hollow victory much rather they replayed the 93 CL final with us and AC milan .

If they got found guilty then someone is going to get it. I wouldn't say no. But we should receive the cash they got for winning it.

It wouldn't be fair. What If they cheated in the quarters or semis? The other teams could argue that they should have been in the final. It's too messy. Strip them of the title if they are wrong, but it shouldn't be awarded to anyone else