Playing youngsters.....

bawsburst

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be going a long way, cut down past the bowling club up past the garage across the road walk for a min and you're there, never 15 mins

Stopping off at a friends flat (opposite the station car park) for a couple of beers may play a part in my wandering route. up the hill to the lights beside the italian restaurant at the corner ,then along to the lights at the bottom of the hill then take a left into Auchenhowie road. Been going this way for 10-12 years,

This must be a riviting thread to follow, but still more entertaining than the football we play

Stopping off at a friends flat (opposite the station car park) for a couple of beers may play a part in my wandering route. up the hill to the lights beside the italian restaurant at the corner ,then along to the lights at the bottom of the hill then take a left into Auchenhowie road. Been going this way for 10-12 years,

This must be a riviting thread to follow, but still more entertaining than the football we play

You're going the long way mate, next time

You're down I'll show you the shortcut (tu)

Funny thing is the youths have been at Rangers since well before the finical meltdown. Ally and Walter were in total control of them for years and yet failed to produce a decent amount of players from it. Why are united and other teams producing more youth players than us ?

The buck stops with the head of the playing staff. The Manager.

How many youngsters have they fielded this season? How many appearances total from youngsters?

Obviously you will have worked this out first before posting another anti ally thread.

probably a few, but the real question should be. Off all the youngsters played, how many were played out of position ? Has Ally helped develop them ?

infact has Ally helped develop anyone at the club ? answer to the last being NO. Time to go.

Hearts were able to field 6 players with first team experience in yesterdays youth cup semi-final ( 3-0 v Kilmarnock), 4 of them are eligible to play next season.

Today we play St Mirren in the other semi, how many of our team will have played top team games in the bottom two divisions ?

You'd quickly find the youngsters receiving the kind of quick judgements that Aird gets. Rangers fans are more patient with young players... they give them maybe 5-10 games before calling them shite. Not exactly a great environment to blood them. Luckily young Aird has a bit of heart.

If we don't see at least 3 U20s get on the pitch at some point on Tue night it will never happen, first team decimated by injurys, players having gone to ET last Sun and put a fair shift of effort in yesterday, all meaningful games over we have to promote some kids and not start Jig, Mohsni, Daly, Law ect. It really is time for Ally to make good his promise of putting the youngsters in for the last few games.

Daly was up against an opponent almost half his age, didn't aid Daly in the slightest, the youngster subdued him entirely.

tenner bet if daly was playing for united yesterday he'd have bullied our defenders

You'd quickly find the youngsters receiving the kind of quick judgements that Aird gets. Rangers fans are more patient with young players... they give them maybe 5-10 games before calling them shite. Not exactly a great environment to blood them. Luckily young Aird has a bit of heart.

his final ball is shocking, his crossing is bad and his coner kicks are very incosistant. reminds me of wylde

his final ball is shocking, his crossing is bad and his coner kicks are very incosistant. reminds me of wylde

Yet he created several chances and was our most dangerous player in the first half. The run beyond the defence to set up Daly with a touch back, the pass though the defence to Shiels and generally looking dangerous. His crossing is generally poor, but people get fixated on that and focus on that more than his positives. He also has energy, courage and does alot of the dirty work too. He has more to him that Wylde. Regardless, the point stands. If you want young players to be played you have to have a bit of patience with the ones that are. See the good and appreciate that whilst hoping he works on his weaknesses. He has definitely improved and hopefully he will keep doing so.

Yet he created several chances and was our most dangerous player in the first half. The run beyond the defence to set up Daly with a touch back, the pass though the defence to Shiels and generally looking dangerous. His crossing is generally poor, but people get fixated on that and focus on that more than his positives. He also has energy, courage and does alot of the dirty work too. He has more to him that Wylde. Regardless, the point stands. If you want young players to be played you have to have a bit of patience with the ones that are. See the good and appreciate that whilst hoping he works on his weaknesses. He has definitely improved and hopefully he will keep doing so.

i was talking about daly playing for unt yesterday, aird i was talking about over the past season not just yesterday

I've slated him the last few games, thought he had a decent game yesterday though.

Ironic that he gets subbed when it's the best he's played in weeks but was left on the pitch for the duration at Raith when he was having a stinker.

I think your wrong. There has never been a better time in our history for youth to be blooded. Everyone is asking for more youths to be played .

Never in my time have I seen such a clamour for youths to be played. We have missed the boat . It`s not hindsight what has happened.

It is just pure shite management that has wasted 2 years of development for our team whilst wasting £Millions on dross.

McCoist is an impostor who`s damaging our club. Get him out before its too late.

I think your wrong. There has never been a better time in our history for youth to be blooded. Everyone is asking for more youths to be played .

Never in my time have I seen such a clamour for youths to be played. We have missed the boat . It`s not hindsight what has happened.

It is just pure shite management that has wasted 2 years of development for our team whilst wasting £Millions on dross.

McCoist is an impostor who`s damaging our club. Get him out before its too late.

I'm not wrong. Aird gets it tight in here. People do clamour for youth, but the fans don't give them the patience they imply they would.

I would also like more young players getting a chance despite that.

i was talking about daly playing for unt yesterday, aird i was talking about over the past season not just yesterday

I was talking about both. Aird is a decent young player and people should realise that he is young and be more patient with him.

I'm not wrong. Aird gets it tight in here. People do clamour for youth, but the fans don't give them the patience they imply they would.

I would also like more young players getting a chance despite that.

A part of playing is also to take the heat.You are judging our support on a few posts on a forum . Sorry but we had done the right thing and said from the start we were going to blooding youth along with experienced players they would have got plenty leeway.

But in truth that was never going to happen because Ally isn`t a manager in 100 years.

Even with Aird he plays him out of position. He used to play him and McKay on their opposite wings probably because he had watched a bayern munich game. He has destroyed the youths confidence and most will never recover. A better manager would have done far better. And I`m not asking for 11 youth players every game but I do think after having them for over 5 years that he could have moulded at least a couple of fullbacks and at least one striker.

I was talking about both. Aird is a decent young player and people should realise that he is young and be more patient with him.

I watch Aird with Scotland under 19`s and he`s fast but not much else to his game. There is far better players playing at that level than him.