Not a Bear!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't tell me i live a sheltered life because I have a high moral ethic. Just because misfortune results in a victims property that is marked being lost does not result in a second party tampering with it not being a crime. Theft in its many guises is a crime - to say it is not 'a f@ing crime' is not logical.

If one lost say the wallet in ones home and say some visitor found it and took the money would you consider that not a crime? no?

Have a wank

Saddest thing imo is it made no difference to the sad scumbag who took it, and the fact he was able to attend the game probably means he was not in dire financial difficulties..

Chin up BNB, at the end of the day you know you keep the higher moral ground on this and your kudos in supporting Erskine hospital is far more important than money. I for one respect you immensely for this.

So for anyone on this thread who thinks its wrong (i.e 100% of you) lets find a positive. I copied this from a post I did ages ago.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Here's a true story about British soldiers.

My mum worked for British Telecom in the early seventies. They used to have a collection every month for Erskine Hospital. Once a month the money was used to buy a couple of 100 cream doughnuts and cakes and a bus was hired and about 30 of the ladies and lassies and half a dozen blokes at BT would travel from St Vincent Street to Erskine Hospital after work. Me aged 11 and my sister would go along too, as my mum and her best friend helped organise it.

The cakes would be distributed around the wards, a wee treat for those guys. Was nice for them to see us youngsters. We loved it, we got cream doughnuts and a night out with the BT people especially the lassies who were great fun.

It was during the troubles in Ireland and many had been injured there, but the eye opener for me was the guys who had been injured in places like Kenya, Suez, Borneo, Aden etc in the 50s and 60s.

After the cake distribution there was bingo, blind guys played too with a helper, with small cash prizes, then in the main hall a three piece band of accordion drum and guitar/banjo led the dancing, the "slosh" was great fun then, and the lassies of the BT were great at dancing the modern and more traditional dances with the soldiers. Many were true gentlemen and all of them treated us youngsters great and a lot of them were funny and clever. And some of the badly injured soldiers missing limbs even, were terrific old style dancers and you could see their enjoyment.

Anyway, to the point. These guys weren't heroes who would necessarily step out a parade to comfort a wee lassie crying, or have a chinwag to pass a walkie talkie to a young mother. These were ordinary, down to earth people who had been hurt whilst doing their duty. But I knew even at that age we owed them big style. I always like to see Erskine Hospital given a mention on here. Its not really about the politics or even football, its just respect.

(on the bus home the BT lassies on the back seats would always have a wee half bottle or two and a sing song, and some of the songs they sung and gossip they had were very impressional and educational on a wee innocent 11 year old 4 or 5 seats further down pretending to be half asleep ;) )

Can you see how much pride, enjoyment and good memories I had from that ?

Erskine hospital was and is a terrific place. So if any of that appealed to you, or if BNBs story touched a nerve, do something to support those guys.

If you send money, you are a star.

If you want to help more directly get in touch with Erskine and ask how you can help. Volunteer to help if you can, trust me, it will be one the most rewarding things you do.

https://www.erskine.org.uk/

I believe Gogzy is already doing some sterling work on their behalf, so maybe he can advise too.

Gogzy !!!!, get yourself in here mate and tell them where its at if they wanna help...........

I think you mean govanblue mate :lol:

What a wank, drama queen thread.

Fucking navel gazing at its worst, and why Bears Den.

The purse was lost. No crime, no story.

Move along, nothing to see here.

And if it was blue nose Billy 90% of the thread would agree and there'd be a "found some cash at the game" piss take thread on the go

Me too, fortunately nothing life changing, does not give me justification to accept it as the way things should be done.

The guy who took the money's action are despicable. You may condone it as normal behaviour, I don't.

Exactly. Perhaps some folk having had it done to them become bitter about it and dismiss it as normal or trivial and loose the ability to see it as a criminal act. Then some even throw petty juvenile insults at those that don't see it as normal or trivial.

Exactly. Perhaps some folk having had it done to them become bitter about it and dismiss it as normal or trivial and loose the ability to see it as a criminal act. Then some even throw petty juvenile insults at those that don't see it as normal or trivial.

Or some think shit happens and dont post irrelevant cobblers on here. Want to hear about my problems? No. Exactly.

Or some think shit happens and dont post irrelevant cobblers on here. Want to hear about my problems? No. Exactly.

If they are Rangers/Ibrox related then yes - have at... it is a Rangers forum after all, but like me you are perhaps not a big fan of airing poblems and getting 'support' from fellow Bears. Some folk do so... as I initialy said its interesting to see how some fellow Bears react though to a crime at Ibrox. If some don't like suporting other Bears then fair enough - no need for some to go on the offence though as if it were trivial - better to leave alone unless they get enjoyment out of doing it.

Nobody here recently thought Dundee United fans damaging seats at Ibrox was 'irrelevant cobblers' - shit happens though - I have seen more seats destroyed in a wee blaw here. And the majority on this thread have rightly condemned THIS act because it involved money for the Erskine Fund too.