Kenny Miller - signing talks tomorrow

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take your point, and not having an official scouting network certainly hampers ally to a degree.

But are we to believe that ally and back room are not taking games in themselves? Are we to believe ally is not leveraging off his contacts? Are we to believe we don't have agents peddling players to ally every other week?

Of course they are.

Ally is simply afraid to take a chance. A chance on someone who perhaps is younger or not experienced with a big club.

But ally needs to realise he needs to take a few chances because we cannot afford to have a revolving door for pensioners.

McCoist is clueless we all know that, he's signings have been dreadful just go back to before we went into admin ortiz and co absolute garbage, he can't see a decent player if he tried

Miller is getting on and we would all love someone younger come in do and job and for the spl aswell but with McCoist in charge not happening hel play it safe with as you say big wages for old players

I actually think a decent manager would have found good players even on frees a couple of years ago we had an excellent chance to rebuild properly with young talent and a much better looking wage bill he's a rangers legend as a player never a manager

Even if they are the wrong ones.

She is saying today that NOT going back up to Premiership straight away would be OK.... imagine the upset if any of our board came out with that...

Completely different scenario given hearts turnover compared to ours and both teams respective first team wage budget

Completely different scenario given hearts turnover compared to ours and both teams respective first team wage budget

Not really - I would class both hearts and Rangers as naturally top division teams. Coming in, sacking the manager, the captain, a good goalie and a defensive midfielder who has had a good season or 2 is NOT exactly the way to get people onside.

Then you bring back a dud of a manager, promote him, and bring in a complete novice as head coach.

Anyway, as I said, if they wear the shirt, and give their all, they have my full support.

McCoist is clueless we all know that, he's signings have been dreadful just go back to before we went into admin ortiz and co absolute garbage, he can't see a decent player if he tried

Miller is getting on and we would all love someone younger come in do and job and for the spl aswell but with McCoist in charge not happening hel play it safe with as you say big wages for old players

I actually think a decent manager would have found good players even on frees a couple of years ago we had an excellent chance to rebuild properly with young talent and a much better looking wage bill he's a rangers legend as a player never a manager

Ok then, we'll give you the benefit of hindsight. Tell us who you would have signed instead of Daly, Law, Templeton, Black, Foster.

No chance of Stevie May he will sign for the Scum and StJ turned down a bid from down south for 400,000 for him so forget that.

Where were all the investors who were jumping to offer the loan a few months back, could none of them not offer money to get in someone like May with the promise of money recouped off a future transfer fee? It's obviously a bit of a gamble but if it's the right player then it could work...

Ok then, we'll give you the benefit of hindsight. Tell us who you would have signed instead of Daly, Law, Templeton, Black, Foster.

I wouldn't have signed daly, black or foster that's for sure, think law and Templeton have been mccoists better signings which there is a hand full

I wouldn't have signed daly, black or foster that's for sure, think law and Templeton have been mccoists better signings which there is a hand full

Oh FFS, at least be consistent, in your first post you say he's (sic) signings have been dreadful. Now Law and Templeton are two of the handful that have been his better ones.

As I said, I'm giving you the benefit of hindsight here, don't just tell us who you wouldn't have signed, tell us who you would have signed instead - same money, same contract arrangements. Shouldn't be that difficult surely?

Without knowing what contract we agree and what his fitness level is, it's hard to judge honestly. If he is still the player with the workrate of his second spell then he would rip up the league and be a good role model for others. If he is past it then I would be very concerned.

I get the logic, miller is a good signing...for 1 season... What happens when we get to spl? We are just going to have start recruiting again.

Short term measures are what we used to do and played a part in getting us in the position we are .

Time to look to the future

The time to look to the future was two seasons ago when we were starting in Div 3.

That was the time to blood the younger boys and develop them through the leagues and get them comfortable in a style of play that would see us playing good football and scoring goals.

Two seasons on and we have gone backwards, too much money spunked away on SPL has-beens who have let the club down badly with some of their perfomances.

Why we have this constant need to re sign players is beyond me!!!!

Oh FFS, at least be consistent, in your first post you say he's (sic) signings have been dreadful. Now Law and Templeton are two of the handful that have been his better ones.

As I said, I'm giving you the benefit of hindsight here, don't just tell us who you wouldn't have signed, tell us who you would have signed instead - same money, same contract arrangements. Shouldn't be that difficult surely?

Most of mccoists signings have been dreadful cribari, sandaza, Kevin Kyle, argyriou just a hand full from last season then the year before some awful signings

Of course he has got a few decent ones not saying that, I don't know who I would have signed not saying I could do done a better job I'm saying that a manager who knows what he's doing and knows what he wants with some kind of decent philosophy would of found good players and would have still pissed a part time league with a much smaller wage bill and not average players on big wages that's my point, McCoist is clueless how fans still defend him baffles me

Posted Today, 09:45 AM

D@D think you are getting a wee bit obsessed with me . I will let you off .You wouldn't be the first . Sad how on this forum you can disagree with someone's comments and then they in turn continually have a go at your posts ,just because you had the audacity to disagree with their first one . Always find that real sad.

Sound familiar you pathetic little wank?

Most of mccoists signings have been dreadful cribari, sandaza, Kevin Kyle, argyriou just a hand full from last season then the year before some awful signings

Of course he has got a few decent ones not saying that, I don't know who I would have signed not saying I could do done a better job I'm saying that a manager who knows what he's doing and knows what he wants with some kind of decent philosophy would of found good players and would have still pissed a part time league with a much smaller wage bill and not average players on big wages that's my point, McCoist is clueless how fans still defend him baffles me

So McCoist's clueless, but someone else doing something different (we dont know what), would still have won the league, with good players (from we dont know where), on smaller wages (we dont know how much).

Aye, clueless is about right