Kenny Miller - signing talks tomorrow

The one thing so far that would make me turn against this board is their inexplicable retention of McCoist and their backing of his signing policy.

Bottom line is we're a football club and our so-called manager is incompetent.

It needs sorted and fast.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller, Clark and Daly on rotation doesn't exactly scream ambition does it.

However throw Boyd in there too and there is something that I could get excited about.

Miller without Boyd is a shambles. Miller and Boyd... I would like that.

Boyd, Clark and Daly however would be even better.

Unless Ally plans to rotate Jig and Daly at the back?

If Miller signs what does that say about Gallagher or Clark.

Do they sit there and accept it or look to move on?

These signings are so short sighted but typical of a man out his depth.

It says that both players are completely unproven at championship level and that relying on a player that's been playing u-20 league most of the season is not a great idea no matter how great a prospect he may be, Carl's time will come but it's not right now.

You're missing the point. It was you who said he's clueless and his signings were terrible. When pushed you said some of his signings were ok. When given the opportunity to name alternative signings, you declined but predicted that things will be terrible next season.

I completely understand that some supporters decry the way we played the game in League 2 and 1, personally, I put a lot of that down to the way the opposition set themselves up. Imo it is much easier to play a defensive game than a creative game. If your aim is simply not to lose, rather than win, then the onus is on the other team to try and break you down. I do accept, however, that we, with the the standard of players available to us, should have played with more flair. I am hopeful that next season, against better teams, with supporters and Boards who are less likely to condone a 'parking the bus' strategy even at home, that we will see more attractive football. I am also confident that we will win the Championship at a canter.

I just think that blaming McCoist for everything is too easy for some. Has he made mistakes in his signings? Yes, Is he the only Manager/Rangers Manager to do so? No Does his team play attractive samba style football? No, When did we ever?

Finally, I return to my original point, this thread is about a 'rumoured' signing of Kenny Miller - on the basis of rumour there are 'supporters' calling for the Manager's head - it's just a wee bit pathetic really

That was a decent retort.

I can remember enjoying watching Rangers in the late 80s/early 90's and late 90's/early part of last decade.

McCoist just does not seem to actually know what he is doing. There is no discernible style or way of playing that is immediately obvious other than the hoof up the park. I think many of his signings have been good at the time, but they nearly always seem to end up playing poorly in the second half of the season, evident in each of the three seasons he has been in charge. And the way he has been far from straight talking is appaling from a Rangers manager. For that alone I would horse him.

The foregoing provides my reasons as to why I don't rate him and want rid of him.

It says that both players are completely unproven at championship level and that relying on a player that's been playing u-20 league most of the season is not a great idea no matter how great a prospect he may be, Carl's time will come but it's not right now.

I saw Gallagher against Falkirk U20s and he ran them ragged before going off. I think he could handle the step up. The Dunfermline U20s managed the step up against us two weeks ago!

Fair enough, and as I said, I can respect people's opinions on the style of football being played. We are all, I hope, Rangers supporters, and want our team to play the opposition off the park and score a barrel load. I just think that we have to temper that with the reality of the situation we are in. As another poster pointed out. We have to get back in the Premier League next season, anything else is unacceptable, to my mind how we get there is almost immaterial. To use a golf example - it's not how, it's how many. I could spend sleepless nights worrying about how we will play when we are in the SPL but I would prefer to worry about that when we get there.

Fair enough, and as I said, I can respect people's opinions on the style of football being played. We are all, I hope, Rangers supporters, and want our team to play the opposition off the park and score a barrel load. I just think that we have to temper that with the reality of the situation we are in. As another poster pointed out. We have to get back in the Premier League next season, anything else is unacceptable, to my mind how we get there is almost immaterial. To use a golf example - it's not how, it's how many. I could spend sleepless nights worrying about how we will play when we are in the SPL but I would prefer to worry about that when we get there.

I hate Golf, but this is a good post (tu)

And the same excuses will be made when we return to the SPFL...sorry if we return.

And the vicious cycle of topping up pensions continues.

At least Miller is a footballer, by that I mean we will get skill and workrate out of him. Hopefully it improves our standard of football, which has been dross, and he's not up front on his own (but he probably will be).

Do we want to reunite him with Boyd?

Personally I would have preferred younger hungrier signings but we all know Ally loves experience.

Unfortunately there is no way of stopping the shite signings or forcing a change of manager, unless we start going down the (taigish) route of demos outside Ibrox and Auchenhowie, which I would hate to see, but I also can't see any other way of forcing change in the dug out.

If Miller signs what does that say about Gallagher or Clark.

It says they need to show the same attitude that served Kenny so well through his career, chase every lost cause, give the opposition no time, act like a professional in your private life and you might just make a decent career at Ibrox.

I dont think it sends out any bad messages. Considering Ally could have spent money on bringing him in last year, I dont think this is the worst free transfer we will ever tie-up. Our Kids need a role model, Daly hasn't achieved half of what Miller has in his career but still did a decent job last season.

At least Miller is a footballer, by that I mean we will get skill and workrate out of him. Hopefully it improves our standard of football, which has been dross, and he's not up front on his own (but he probably will be).

Do we want to reunite him with Boyd?

Personally I would have preferred younger hungrier signings but we all know Ally loves experience.

He has two already but obviously doesn't rate or trust either of them in Clark and Gallagher.

You don't score 40 goals in a season by sheer luck.

And if he does pair Miller with Daly then god help us as the football will be just as dire as this season.

Daly should not be in a Rangers jersey next season and neither should Miller.

John Daly hopefully. Hopefully we will have Miller and Clark, players willing to make runs in behind and give the midfielder's an option.

Hopefully, yes.. but can you see him dropping Daly? There were so many times last season that Daly should have been hooked, but wasnt.

Hopefully, yes.. but can you see him dropping Daly? There were so many times last season that Daly should have been hooked, but wasnt.

I don't know, but I've plenty to criticise him for what he has done, without also starting to criticise him for what I think he's going to do ;)

If we have to go into next season with McCoist in charge, rightly or wrongly I'd feel better about promotion with Miller, and possibly Boyd back at the club on contracts which are right for the club.

Simple as that for me.