Kenny Miller - signing talks tomorrow

I'm very much in the want ally out camp and I'm also disgusted that we continue to make the same mistakes in signing older players with no residual value whilst ignoring youth. That said the reality is next year will be a struggle and Kenny miller is an improvement on our current striking options! Short termisim again but we've missed the chance to build a young team with a progressive philosophy so the most important thing is getting back in the SPL.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that Miller is the lone striker up front next season.

Good, that means daly gets dropped I hear you say!

Oh no! Daly and Mcculloch centre half pairing on the cards?

Daly and McCulloch at the back

Miller and Boyd up front

:anguish:

I get the logic, miller is a good signing...for 1 season... What happens when we get to spl? We are just going to have start recruiting again.

Short term measures are what we used to do and played a part in getting us in the position we are .

Time to look to the future

I don't disagree mate, once we're back at the top we are going to want better and younger, without some sort of scouting system and no real money don't see how that's gonna happen

I get the logic, miller is a good signing...for 1 season... What happens when we get to spl? We are just going to have start recruiting again.

Short term measures are what we used to do and played a part in getting us in the position we are .

Thats the thing.

McCoist is a chequebook manager and nothing more, he has bought his way this far and needs to do the same this season it seems.

We are not a endless pit like he is treating us, when we get back to the SPL and waste money on his short term blunders then it's bleak times ahead for a good number of years

Exactly this.

It is now critical that any investment from mow on is not spent on playing staff whilst McCoist is manager but spent on. a Scouting network.

I'm very much in the want ally out camp and I'm also disgusted that we continue to make the same mistakes in signing older players with no residual value whilst ignoring youth. That said the reality is next year will be a struggle and Kenny miller is an improvement on our current striking options! Short termisim again but we've missed the chance to build a young team with a progressive philosophy so the most important thing is getting back in the SPL.

Couldn't agree more.

Ally is the part of the illness at our Club. Miller will probably do a job, but it shows the lack of foresight and ambition on the part of our Club.

Has any team gone through a season undefeated in a League and yet been so derided by its own support? It tells you so much, yet some people choose to ignore it.

If this turns out to be the case, it reflects badly on both mccoist and wallace.

Wallace was ddoing a q and a a couple of days ago banging on about buying youth etc, then we get Kenny Miller rolled out.

Miller was a good servant, but he is on the downward spiral. We need guys who are gonna be able to grow with the club.

Miller is the player McCoist wants and Wallace is making sure Ally has no excuses.

The thing is King ( if he ever put his hand in his pocket ) would do exactly the same.

For the club to really move in the right direction we need to get rid of McCoist.

Hope this isn't true if it is then it is another lazy signing from the world's laziest manager no imagination or planning just see which of his mates are available.. Miller is past it and will only be after one final payday after all he left us for the money the last time. If Graham Wallace is really trying to do the best for Rangers he needs to sack this manager or at the very least block him from making this type of signing enough is enough Rangers should not be run for the benefit of Ally and his mates.

Ally will be shitting it about getting out of the championship next year - particularly if Hibs come down - he already has his quotes in the media saying there is no guarantees etc.

He just doesn't know any other way - lacks vision, and comes across as so risk averse it is untrue. Forget the boardroom for a minute because the footballing side of the club is an utter shambles.

Said it before - Kenny will do a job, but the fact we are signing him shows the state we are in from a footballing perspective

Would be quite happy to see him back, much needed goals for what looks like a hazardous league next season. Hopefully this is the opportunity to repay the abysmal performances of some last season by booting them out of Murray Park unceremoniously.

I don't disagree mate, once we're back at the top we are going to want better and younger, without some sort of scouting system and no real money don't see how that's gonna happen

Take your point, and not having an official scouting network certainly hampers ally to a degree.

But are we to believe that ally and back room are not taking games in themselves? Are we to believe ally is not leveraging off his contacts? Are we to believe we don't have agents peddling players to ally every other week?

Of course they are.

Ally is simply afraid to take a chance. A chance on someone who perhaps is younger or not experienced with a big club.

But ally needs to realise he needs to take a few chances because we cannot afford to have a revolving door for pensioners.

Ah but Sooper is working under trying conditions....the board don't support him...he has no money blah blah blah

IF..and i say IF this is correct and the board allow it then they are every bit as culpable as McCoist.

Just look East to Mrs Budge to see someone not afraid to make major decisions.

Ah but Sooper is working under trying conditions....the board don't support him...he has no money blah blah blah

IF..and i say IF this is correct and the board allow it then they are every bit as culpable as McCoist.

Just look East to Mrs Budge to see someone not afraid to make major decisions.

Even if they are the wrong ones.

She is saying today that NOT going back up to Premiership straight away would be OK.... imagine the upset if any of our board came out with that...

And as to Miller - I will be honest and say I do not like ANY player coming back - whether that is Mark Hately, Dave McPherson or Kenny Miller.

If he signs, however, and pulls on the jersey, and TRIES HIS BEST - GIVES 100% - then he will, as any other player who does similar, have my full support.