Kenny Miller - signing talks tomorrow

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look you continue to tell yourself McCoist is the right man for rangers and knows what he's doing

You're missing the point. It was you who said he's clueless and his signings were terrible. When pushed you said some of his signings were ok. When given the opportunity to name alternative signings, you declined but predicted that things will be terrible next season.

I completely understand that some supporters decry the way we played the game in League 2 and 1, personally, I put a lot of that down to the way the opposition set themselves up. Imo it is much easier to play a defensive game than a creative game. If your aim is simply not to lose, rather than win, then the onus is on the other team to try and break you down. I do accept, however, that we, with the the standard of players available to us, should have played with more flair. I am hopeful that next season, against better teams, with supporters and Boards who are less likely to condone a 'parking the bus' strategy even at home, that we will see more attractive football. I am also confident that we will win the Championship at a canter.

I just think that blaming McCoist for everything is too easy for some. Has he made mistakes in his signings? Yes, Is he the only Manager/Rangers Manager to do so? No Does his team play attractive samba style football? No, When did we ever?

Finally, I return to my original point, this thread is about a 'rumoured' signing of Kenny Miller - on the basis of rumour there are 'supporters' calling for the Manager's head - it's just a wee bit pathetic really

Oh FFS, at least be consistent, in your first post you say he's (sic) signings have been dreadful. Now Law and Templeton are two of the handful that have been his better ones.

As I said, I'm giving you the benefit of hindsight here, don't just tell us who you wouldn't have signed, tell us who you would have signed instead - same money, same contract arrangements. Shouldn't be that difficult surely?

Nadir Cifti? Leads the line extremely well, excellent technical skill, decent experience and young. That's just one example, but it's not my job to identify and sign players, it's ally's, and by in large he has played it safe, paid over the odds without any foresight

No.

I'm doubting why we are signing a has been whose only asset was his pace and at 34/35 that has well and truly regressed.

Not a signing for coming seasons…not one who can improve and whose best years are long behind him.

It's another Kyle signing, classic McCoist who has no capability to think outside his wee bubble.

You're entitled to your opinion, I disagree. I think he is a vast improvement on what we currently have. I think he will do a job for the next 2 seasons with no problems.

People get their knickers in a twist about age these days, 40 is the new 30 didn't you know that ;)

I'd prefer he uncovered an 18 year old...unknown...guaranteed to be immediately successful...available on a free...willing to play in SPFL2 for a club in absolute turmoil. For some reason they are difficult to find.

To compare Miller to Kyle is laughable. When did Kyle last play for Scotland? Didn't realise Miller had retired through injury! Come on seriously.

You're entitled to your opinion, I disagree. I think he is a vast improvement on what we currently have. I think he will do a job for the next 2 seasons with no problems.

People get their knickers in a twist about age these days, 40 is the new 30 didn't you know that ;)

I'd prefer he uncovered an 18 year old...unknown...guaranteed to be immediately successful...available on a free...willing to play in SPFL2 for a club in absolute turmoil. For some reason they are difficult to find.

To compare Miller to Kyle is laughable. When did Kyle last play for Scotland? Didn't realise Miller had retired through injury! Come on seriously.

Who is saying he needs to unearth a 18 year old? There are plenty of able players in the Scottish game who would improve us and who could be more than a stop gap.

WHo is Miller going to keep out? Nicky Clark? A young lad who banged in 40 odd goals in the division we were in last season....Sounds about right for our backwards manager.

Aye signing a soon to be 35 year old player who looks gassed at the 60 minute mark is the way forward for Rangers...

Fucking hell :lol:

No wonder folk laugh at us, we are a running joke that never lets up.

Nadir Cifti? Leads the line extremely well, excellent technical skill, decent experience and young. That's just one example, but it's not my job to identify and sign players, it's ally's, and by in large he has played it safe, paid over the odds without any foresight

On 14 May 2011, Çiftçi turned down the offer of a new contract with Portsmouth and signed with Turkish club Kayserispor. Because of his age, Portsmouth received £100,000 for the transfer.[6] His contract was mutual terminated in June 2012[7]before trialling at NAC Breda[8] and former club ADO Den Haag.[9]

Following a trial, Çiftçi joined NAC Breda on a three-year contract.

Aye, I can see how we should have spotted him. Great pedigree!

Look, kudos to Dundee Utd for signing him, and as I've said elsewhere kudos on taking the risk with Robertson, but for every Robertson/Cifti there is a Connolly and lest we forget, the free flowing, youth orientated, attacking Dundee Utd finished 41 points behind them in the SPL and fourth behind Motherwell and Aberdeen.

Not best pleased if he signs, Miller is 35 in December and I doubt he is on anything less than 8k per week, Nicky Clark is proven in the 1st division and when fully fit should be our first choice forward with another young player on far less wages than Miller.

Miller was about pace and energy , but at almost 35 in the 1st division mmm ?, it's just another season that youth doesn't get a chance.

You're missing the point. It was you who said he's clueless and his signings were terrible. When pushed you said some of his signings were ok. When given the opportunity to name alternative signings, you declined but predicted that things will be terrible next season.

I completely understand that some supporters decry the way we played the game in League 2 and 1, personally, I put a lot of that down to the way the opposition set themselves up. Imo it is much easier to play a defensive game than a creative game. If your aim is simply not to lose, rather than win, then the onus is on the other team to try and break you down. I do accept, however, that we, with the the standard of players available to us, should have played with more flair. I am hopeful that next season, against better teams, with supporters and Boards who are less likely to condone a 'parking the bus' strategy even at home, that we will see more attractive football. I am also confident that we will win the Championship at a canter.

I just think that blaming McCoist for everything is too easy for some. Has he made mistakes in his signings? Yes, Is he the only Manager/Rangers Manager to do so? No Does his team play attractive samba style football? No, When did we ever?

Finally, I return to my original point, this thread is about a 'rumoured' signing of Kenny Miller - on the basis of rumour there are 'supporters' calling for the Manager's head - it's just a wee bit pathetic really

Yes some of Mccoist signings have been terrible as i said, im not a football manager myself to name better and all the rest of it no but the resources he has at rangers hes missed a great opportunity to rebuild us and he hasn't.

Maybe you have a point, but remember we have the second bigggest wage bill in scotland surely thats enough to well beat part timers even if they park the buss, the football under mccoist has been dreadfull some sort of decent football we would wipe the floor with them teams just go back to the game at airdrie thought we played some good stuff and they couldn't get near us, how many times did that happen last season? The long ball to Daly every week was just painful, I think we will win the championship next season yes but he will have to improve the squad and the way we play

And i agree every manager makes mistakes but he has some awful results in the cup and all, its just an opinion i dont think Mccoist has it at Rangers to be a successful manager

IF it's true, Miller will be a decent signing - for one season - and IMO will be on a much reduced wage (34yrs old). He will score plenty in the championship too.

He is a fantastic role model for the younger players, he looks after himself and appears to be a good professional re fitness and attitude (none of that twitter shite). He would make a brilliant coach in that respect and perhaps this is what he has in mind re "signing talks". Play for a year - and secure his future outwith playing at the mighty Rangers.

Nice move if it happens.

Coach now?

Jesus.

When it rains it pours

Why not? every player looks for life outside playing football, my opinion is that he would do a job with our younger boys.... oh wait - you are thinking he would go straight into the dugout with Ally, weren't you?

Rangers have more coaches than Durranty and McDowall you know (tu)

Why not? every player looks for life outside playing football, my opinion is that he would do a job with our younger boys.... oh wait - you are thinking he would go straight into the dugout with Ally, weren't you?

Rangers have more coaches than Durranty and McDowall you know (tu)

Aye, they are like mcGills coaches............fecking shit (tu)

I would like to see him come to us but he would command a fee and we won't be able to do that for anyone for the forseeable

Good young players cost money and that's something we just don't have even if we did would a fantastic young foreign player want to play away to Alloa and Cowdenbeath next season?

Yeah Miller is an incredibly short sighted signing but we need to win the championship next season at all costs it's worth about £10,000,000 to the club.

Miller is better than any striker we have right now and that's the reality of things, Daly's knees are gone, Jig is not good enough, Clark has only ever played in amateur leagues and is unproven etc.

Miller will win us the league next season and that's worth 50 times more than we'll pay for him.

Despite my opinion on signing Kenny Miller, he is still a player who will get you goals and i have no doubt he will thump them in against teams if given the right service from midfield.

He has no sell on value, his signing shows the lack of forward thinking by McCoist and we will still leak goals if we don't bolster the back but even though he is not our best signing in McCoists tenure as manager, he will prove to be one of the best players he has signed.

Aye, they are like mcGills coaches............fecking shit (tu)

our younger boys (at under 20's) have been doing good as have our 17's - so there is some decent coaching going on... so your reference to every single coach at our club being "fecking shit" is well.... a wee bit pishy!