One question every ST boycotter MUST ask themselves

GOAT

How do you expect them to address things like the lack of scouting, stadium facilities, financial stability? As you say you delaying your ST money gives them something to worry about, well id rather them be worrying about the things you listed like the team and stadium than be worrying about if we'll have enough cash to make it through the season. Your ST boycott is at the very least distracting the board from fixing the problems you list.

And you then you say that you hope to see big improvements in the coming months? Are you having a laugh? you withold money then expect improvements. If there are any improvements this season (which there probably wont be since Rangers Football Club will be very short of cash) then the credit will go to those who renewed, those who boycott cant claim credit for anything imo.

Word it whichever way you like, some say "im starving the board not the club" or whatever, Rangers FC will be short of money this season because of these boycotts. If Rangers go into Admin again ill be blaming these rebel fan groups as much as the board these people need to stop acting like they are some kind of heroes for boycotting Glasgow Rangers.

Can't argue with this IMO.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you expect them to address things like the lack of scouting, stadium facilities, financial stability? As you say you delaying your ST money gives them something to worry about, well id rather them be worrying about the things you listed like the team and stadium than be worrying about if we'll have enough cash to make it through the season. Your ST boycott is at the very least distracting the board from fixing the problems you list.

And you then you say that you hope to see big improvements in the coming months? Are you having a laugh? you withold money then expect improvements. If there are any improvements this season (which there probably wont be since Rangers Football Club will be very short of cash) then the credit will go to those who renewed, those who boycott cant claim credit for anything imo.

Word it whichever way you like, some say "im starving the board not the club" or whatever, Rangers FC will be short of money this season because of these boycotts. If Rangers go into Admin again ill be blaming these rebel fan groups as much as the board these people need to stop acting like they are some kind of heroes for boycotting Glasgow Rangers.

You just dont get it. For those who are going to pay game by game, they will give the club more money over the course of the season than someone buying a ST in May.

They are trying to hold the board accountable for their actions, or with this board it should be inactions. It would be great if we had an alternative to back, who was buying up shares and had a clear focus of running the club properly, not on the whim of hedge funds and middle-eastern businessmen like is happening just now, but we don't.

It seems clear to me that King is not cut out for this, given his inactivity over recent weeks when he should have been here buying up shares and putting pressure on the board to act positively regarding refinancing. All he has done is get some fans to set up a Company and ask for pledges to try to force his way into the club without putting a dime of his own into it. That smacks of Blue Knights tactics to me and is not good enough for me, and given the fact that the majority of Rangers supporters (me included) have not either renewed or pledged, it seems to be not good enough for most of us who wont blindly back this board, but havent seen anything from the sole current alternative.

Awaiting developments is sensible at the moment as there are no games and no rush to part with cash that you dont trust the current powerbrokers with.

The ones I have an issue with are those who say they wont be back because the football wasnt good enough, or they dont like the manager. That is simply shocking as a Rangers supporter. We follow our team through good times and bad, we are loyal and true. That is the mantra of a Rangers supporter. Nowhere should it be that you claim to be a Rangers supporter that only goes when the team are playing great football, or when the manager meets a certain criteria. Was I happy with the style, quality and substance of football we played the last two years, or the manager's tactics, formations, substitutions etc. Nope, not at all. Does that make me want to walk away and stop following my team. No chance. I will be there, every week, home and away, as I have done for the last nearly 30 years. I follow my team, I do my bit. I am just choosing not to renew my ST just yet.

Some in here need to get some perspective.

You just dont get it. For those who are going to pay game by game, they will give the club more money over the course of the season than someone buying a ST in May.

They are trying to hold the board accountable for their actions, or with this board it should be inactions. It would be great if we had an alternative to back, who was buying up shares and had a clear focus of running the club properly, not on the whim of hedge funds and middle-eastern businessmen like is happening just now, but we don't.

It seems clear to me that King is not cut out for this, given his inactivity over recent weeks when he should have been here buying up shares and putting pressure on the board to act positively regarding refinancing. All he has done is get some fans to set up a Company and ask for pledges to try to force his way into the club without putting a dime of his own into it. That smacks of Blue Knights tactics to me and is not good enough for me, and given the fact that the majority of Rangers supporters (me included) have not either renewed or pledged, it seems to be not good enough for most of us who wont blindly back this board, but havent seen anything from the sole current alternative.

Awaiting developments is sensible at the moment as there are no games and no rush to part with cash that you dont trust the current powerbrokers with.

The ones I have an issue with are those who say they wont be back because the football wasnt good enough, or they dont like the manager. That is simply shocking as a Rangers supporter. We follow our team through good times and bad, we are loyal and true. That is the mantra of a Rangers supporter. Nowhere should it be that you claim to be a Rangers supporter that only goes when the team are playing great football, or when the manager meets a certain criteria. Was I happy with the style, quality and substance of football we played the last two years, or the manager's tactics, formations, substitutions etc. Nope, not at all. Does that make me want to walk away and stop following my team. No chance. I will be there, every week, home and away, as I have done for the last nearly 30 years. I follow my team, I do my bit. I am just choosing not to renew my ST just yet.

It's not guaranteed money, and I don't for one second believe everyone saying they will be there every week buying paper tickets will be there. Once the realisation hits that it's another Ally McCoist season, shite football and it's a freezing cold winter night, Ibrox will be lucky to be half full. So they are costing their club money. No-one, anywhere can possibly justify boycotting their own club at a time when ST money is our only real income.

There were documents leaked that showed who was in charge of Blue Pitch Holdings, and it was a Lebanese laywer whose name escapes me. El-something or other. The document was the one where he approves his Patsy onto the board last summer and wants Malcolm Murray kicked off.

What was it that was dodgy about the Lebanese lawyer?

It's not guaranteed money, and I don't for one second believe everyone saying they will be there every week buying paper tickets will be there. Once the realisation hits that it's another Ally McCoist season, shite football and it's a freezing cold winter night, Ibrox will be lucky to be half full. So they are costing their club money. No-one, anywhere can possibly justify boycotting their own club at a time when ST money is our only real income.

I am not talking about anyone else, just giving my own opinion. And I am not boycotting my club, I will be there every game. As I say, it is more worrying about those who are "boycotting" until they get managerial change, that is far more worthy of your ire.

What is the problem with BPH and MH? Rangers the company is a platform for investors to invest. If there had been any problems with the "fit and proper test" of these investor it would have surfaced with the numerous investigations Rangers has had or via SFA. Is it a case of sour grapes and those that lost money in the old company want in the new company for free? Surely that's the risk they take when investing in any company?

I have not renewed and I believe this board is seriously bad news.

My thoughts have been that I will wait and see what happens over the summer. I am not bothered about my seat, it will probably still be there when I renew, and if not I will get another one. I have sat in just about every part of the ground before so not too bothered if I have to move.

GOAT says what if i'm wrong. Wrong about what? The fact that Easdale is bad news and is controlling our football club via proxies from middle-eastern dodgy businessmen and hedge funds. Fairly sure i'm right about that. Wrong about our board pissing our money away, about them failing to nail down a good shirt sponsorship deal, failing to fight our enemies in the press and the SFA/SPFL, failing to get credit card facilities, failing to get enough money to see us through. Sorry, but im not wrong on any of that.

Even if I did decide to not get a ST at all, I will end up paying more than anyone else game by game as I go to all our games anyway. That therefore gives the club MORE money than by buying a ST.

The ones who are running away and not renewing because the footy has been crap, or because they want Ally out, they are not real supporters of our club. Anywhere, everywhere, we will follow on as the old song goes. I dont care how bad it gets on the pitch, I will still be there to see it, supporting my club through it all as I have been doing for nearly 30 years solid, home, away and in Europe.

I want the board to get a wake-up call that they cannot go on like they have done, writing themselves big cheques, bonuses, pay-offs, arrangement fees & securities, while failing to address the lack of scouting, stadium facilities, financial stability. Delaying my take-up of my ST gives them something to worry about, like around 20,000 others who have not renewed. Hopefully we see big improvements in the coming weeks/months from them, but I dont hold out much hope.

When it was revealed that there was to be no facility available to renew by credit and debit card, alarm bells started sounding in my head.

What, if ANY Global Business/Brand can hope to operate and compete at the top level, if those providing security on credit and debit cards withdraw their backing and good faith.

I have been a loyal supporter home away and abroad for over fifty years, but I simply CANNOT afford to GAMBLE and throw my cash into a black hole without any guarantee or assurance that my money is safe.

That is the bottom line for me, and I'm sorry if it offends those who CAN afford to take a chance.

What was it that was dodgy about the Lebanese lawyer?

It must have been the EL prefix to his name, as it did strike terror into the hearts of the villagers in the film, "The Three Amigos", you know, EL WAPO. God, it sends shivers down my spine when I recall his cries, "It's a sweater, It's a sweater", frightening.

So it is quite reasonable to expect it to cause TB the same fear and suspicion, and he is right to alert us all to the cause of his fear, so that we too can use this excuse for not putting our ST money into the club, sounds reasonable to me.

:7325:

Got my email today thanks again JCDBigbear for the help pal

IMPORTANT SEASON TICKET INFORMATION

This is your Season Ticket Confirmation. Please check that the details of your chosen payment method are correct and keep a copy of this email for your records.

Please note that you should retain your existing Smartcard for Season 2014/15 as you will not be issued with a new one.

having many beers to celebrate and prob not making work in morning :cheers:

Good post! (tu)

The problem with that is, that they dont know that you will turn up... you dont turn up, they dont get the cash. With a ST, it doesnt matter if you turn up or not.

They cannot plan ahead without the season tickets. THAT is the difference.

The problem with that is, that they dont know that you will turn up... you dont turn up, they dont get the cash. With a ST, it doesnt matter if you turn up or not.

They cannot plan ahead without the season tickets. THAT is the difference.

Also, for the most part, it costs less over the course of a season game to game than with a season ticket. This while thing strikes me as a number of people taking a stance and saying it helps Rangers but when challenged on it they've had to make it up as they go along hence we get the utter garbage justifications that ignore the logical failure of their stance

Also, for the most part, it costs less over the course of a season game to game than with a season ticket. This while thing strikes me as a number of people taking a stance and saying it helps Rangers but when challenged on it they've had to make it up as they go along hence we get the utter garbage justifications that ignore the logical failure of their stance

It will actually cost more, IF they all stick to their promise of being at every home game next season. But we all know not every fan boycotting will stick to that promise.

You only have to look at our dropping attendances last season to show how vital up from income is, 'game by game' is far too unreliable

Everyone seems to be obsessed that gate money is the be all and end all. It ain't.

If 30000 renew that would raise approx 10m. That's almost what we sold Alan Hutton for several years ago.

Also qualification into the group stages and you're looking at almost double that. To earn both you need a first class training facility, excellent coaching and good scouts/talent spotters of players from the age of 10 right up to 24. That way you can create a sustainable spine of the squad which competes domestically, wins the league regularly and attracts big bids for our players from the richest league in the world which is our neighbouring country.

It's a bit fag packet admittedly but it's more impressive than Graham Wallace's business review. Do the men behind him have that vision and more importantly ambition? I honestly haven't seen much evidence of it myself.

The other question I would ask those that are battling to deny the club much needed revenue is this. What would they all do if the board in mass announced their resignation today. Is this no there goal? Where would they go from there as it has shown repeatedly that they have no plan "B" in the event of this happening. The doors of our famous club could be closed for ever, then we would see them raise their hands up an say it was nothing to do with them. I have moved to North Cyprus but have still renewed my season ticket for my son and my family to use.

R u in the Chelsey Village mate?

Some think that the doors of Ibrox could be closed for good if we don't renew our books but it's NEVER going to happen. Never. Even if we fall in to admin for a second time, we'll survive. There will always be a Rangers.

If we fall in to admin for a second time (the way we spend money playing amateur football I can see it happening) at least we'd get rid of all these blood sucking institutional investors. Maybe then they'd be too scared to put money in again and that might be a very good thing. The Fans might actually be able to buy the Club and at long last it's be ours.