Say the tims did get a top manager.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will be one of the most irrelevant teams in World football next season who would want such a mind numbing job even if they had tons of money ( which they don't).

Before a ball is kicked they have won the league what else can they accomplish? A wee run in Europe then get hammered in the later rounds? Yawn.......

Mhedia going on about ST sales at Rangers wonder how many they'll sell now to watch St midden , Ross co ,Hamilton , St Johnstone , Partick , ICT , Dundee and Killie most weeks?

Not reckon they'll get Moyes?

Hes a bead rattler and has just had a 6year wage paid to him for a few months work.

Its also an easy job that can repair some of the damage done to his reputation.

So he fucks up with the biggest club in England and goes to the Tattiedome to repair his reputation, how would he do this? win the CL perhaps?

Some of us are becoming obsessed with these bheasts as they of us.

I don't give a fuck who their manager is or what players they have. We'll take them on any day. We've played bigger teams than them. We're Rangers fuck sake.

only a fool would take on the Celtic job. expected to win every game in a league that even if you win it by a mile it gains you no credibility as a manager. a foray into europe to put a gloss on things but chances are you'll be out by Christmas. it's a dead-end job if there ever was one. taking Rangers back to the top of Scottish football would be more appealing to a young talented and career minded manager. Lennon's jumped ship at the right time, staying there was going to do nothing for his career.

I hope they do get a top manager. He'll demand a good transfer budget, and it won't take much for them to lose a shit tonne of money if they fail to get to the CL etc.

only a fool would take on the Celtic job. expected to win every game in a league that even if you win it by a mile it gains you no credibility as a manager. a foray into europe to put a gloss on things but chances are you'll be out by Christmas. it's a dead-end job if there ever was one. taking Rangers back to the top of Scottish football would be more appealing to a young talented and career minded manager. Lennon's jumped ship at the right time, staying there was going to do nothing for his career.

I don't agree with you as it's an easy job domestically and reaching the CL group stages would raise anyone's profile.

Honest to god!

I worry about some of our "fans" who the hell starts a thread bout them.

Couldn't care less if they got Mourinho or Jim Duffy

All for people who can talk about other teams and general football, but dear god..... This will give the ghuests a good laugh doh

Then again , they have a thread dedicated to us on kerryfail st :lol:

I was thinking about this the other day.

We haven't rebuilt well. We had the opportunity to start from almost scratch in terms of the squad and one year away from the SPL, we're hardly competitive.

I don't mean youth, by the way. Enough, maybe even too much, youth has been given an opportunity, but 35+ year-old Lee McCulloch is still a starter and Jon Daly is our main striker.

Celtic have a superior squad to us. That's the reality, whether your accept it or go down the "hoo given a fuck aboot them?" route. A good manager will have a huge opportunity at Celtic because he's competing with little, but offering Champions League football.

I was thinking about this the other day.

We haven't rebuilt well. We had the opportunity to start from almost scratch in terms of the squad and one year away from the SPL, we're hardly competitive.

I don't mean youth, by the way. Enough, maybe even too much, youth has been given an opportunity, but 35+ year-old Lee McCulloch is still a starter and Jon Daly is our main striker.

Celtic have a superior squad to us. That's the reality, whether your accept it or go down the "hoo given a fuck aboot them?" route. A good manager will have a huge opportunity at Celtic because he's competing with little, but offering Champions League football.

what route is that and where does it lead?

No he didn't. He got a year's salary.

Even then, he still would've picked up upwards f £8m.

The guy is sorted for cash for life, joining the mhanks will give him at minimum 1 league win, probably 2 or 3 (maybe more if we don't get our fingers out) to add to his CV.

I would take the job in his shoes. It s a win-win situation for him, especially if he pulls of a few results in Europe.

With any luck Celtic will make the same mistake we did and hire a totally unproven rookie manager. Henrik Larsson fits the mold. Striker, club legend, golden boot, but no fucking experience as a manager whatsoever. Hopefully he bombs as a manager but their fans back him for years, despite his managerial failings, because they can't see past what he achieved as a player.