Will we win the Championship next season?

523 members have voted

1. 1. Will we win the league?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but we will win promotion via the playoffs
  2. 2. How many points will we win the league by?

• 1-5
    • 5-10
    • 10-15
    • 15+
    • We won't win the league

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hearts and hibs have both lost their major players because of their demotion so I wouldn`t be surprised if our biggest competition comes from Falkirk or even raith rovers.c`mon the gers!!!

hearts and hibs have both lost their major players because of their demotion so I wouldn`t be surprised if our biggest competition comes from Falkirk or even raith rovers.c`mon the gers!!!

Raith are pish. They were lucky to stay in the Championship last season. It just happened to be that we were even pisher on the day that we played them.

With our current squad, No.

Suppose a lot will depend on who we can bring in.

agreed. we need at least 2 defenders to guarantee winning the title. I.M.O.. current defence will struggle, (apart from wallace) against better quality players

I,m sure it was Nicky Law that blamed poor pitches for the lack of silky football in the lower leagues.

so if there is/was a case for that? then our home form should have been much better., instead of, in the main mediocrity.

I think we will win the league. It probably won't be a stroll though as Hearts, and maybe even Hibs, will be very strong at this level. A lot of it will depend on our work in the transfer market this summer. If we sign Boyd then that would pretty much guarantee the title, imo. If he can score 20+ goals in the Premiership then I could see him banging in 30+ at Championship level.

Said it once and i'll say it again. Can anyone justify how they assume both Edinburgh teams will be "strong" nex season? more so Hearts?

Hearts have just come out of admin, are weaker now than they were at the end of last season, have virtually no funds to survive an Prem campaign let alone win the most competitive 1st Div ever known, topped off they have a "5 year plan" with a rookie manager, who'll, i predict, lose his job by Christmas because they're nowhere near 2nd.

Hibs have approx. 10 players in their active first team just now. If Rangers and their makeshift squad in Div3 struggled last year, I am sure Hibs will aswel.

Not withstanding the fact both teams must downsize and have no lower-league mentality.

Falkirk will be a bigger test for us I feel and I also think the odds on a Championship without Rangers would be a stick on for Falkirk finishing second.

Said it once and i'll say it again. Can anyone justify how they assume both Edinburgh teams will be "strong" nex season? more so Hearts?

Hearts have just come out of admin, are weaker now than they were at the end of last season, have virtually no funds to survive an Prem campaign let alone win the most competitive 1st Div ever known, topped off they have a "5 year plan" with a rookie manager, who'll, i predict, lose his job by Christmas because they're nowhere near 2nd.

Hibs have approx. 10 players in their active first team just now. If Rangers and their makeshift squad in Div3 struggled last year, I am sure Hibs will aswel.

Not withstanding the fact both teams must downsize and have no lower-league mentality.

Falkirk will be a bigger test for us I feel and I also think the odds on a Championship without Rangers would be a stick on for Falkirk finishing second.

excellent post and completely accurate.

voted no as hearts seem so far to be making better moves than us in the transfer market and seem to be working with unity towards the end goal of creating an attractive football side while we are fragmented with most of the board/investors more interested in an attractive share price than product.

Who have hearts signed?

They are in admin.

Both will still have a much bigger budget than everyone else apart from us so that will give them an advantage. Hearts were doing fairly well in the Premiership, particularly towards the end of the season, so I doubt they'll have too many fears about the Championship. I suspect there will be a big gap between Rangers and Hearts (and maybe Hibs) and the rest.

Yes, by 10-15 points.

I think we will be more consistent than Hearts and Hibs, we will beat both at Ibrox but I fear we may be a bit negative away from home against them and drop points.

However they will drop more points against the smaller teams leaving us with a comfortable gap.

I need add no more!

Gary Locke linked to them as new head coach, he'll do well with Falkirk.

Personally i welcome the challenges we'll face, we're finally getting some decent competition.