Manticore - A tribute

MisterC

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A better tribute to a dear friend would be hard to find Mr C. After reading your words, (And others too) I now feel that I know a little more about your friend Derek now.

True friends are few and far between Mr C, and although most of us never new him personally, we will all now miss him more, thanks to your wonderful tribute.

Lovely tribute MisterC for a top class man, and the world will be a poorer place without Manti. Can just imagine Derek up in heaven telling The Founding Fathers what a fantastic club that they formed, and how it is loved all over the world.

"So when all my life has ended

And when death has made it's mark

May you scatter all my ashes

On the slopes of Ibrox Park

And with the Angels I'll be singing

Up in heaven in the glen

I'll be happy and contented

When the Rangers win again

On my harp I will be playing

In the sky way up above

I'll be singing Follow Follow

To the Rangers that I love"

R.I.P. Manticore.

"So when all my life has ended

And when death has made it's mark

May you scatter all my ashes

On the slopes of Ibrox Park

And with the Angels I'll be singing

Up in heaven in the glen

I'll be happy and contented

When the Rangers win again

On my harp I will be playing

In the sky way up above

I'll be singing Follow Follow

To the Rangers that I love"

R.I.P. Manticore.

Great post mate.

Nice words Colin.

Purely talking from the perspective of seeing him post on here, the forum has lost a great poster and a true RM legend but from the tributes posted by the people who knew him personally it's also clear that they have a lost a great friend and the world has lost a great guy :(

Nice words Colin.

Purely talking from the perspective of seeing him post on here, the forum has lost a great poster and a true RM legend but from the tributes posted by the people who knew him personally it's also clear that they have a lost a great friend and the world has lost a great guy :(

I think the debating chamber should be renamed after him for a month

Very nice words Colin. He was a great man who didn't deserve to be taken from us soon. Feels like only yesterday I was sitting in Germany with him drinking a pint while my dad decided to have an early night, could have still been there come morning with him chatting away about the good old days. A top bloke who will be greatly missed.

Gone but never forgotten, RIP Derek.

Another example of not appreciating someone fully until they're gone.

Another true bear lost.

Not a criticism. Just an appreciation of the futility of arguments on line when true bears are leaving us.

Befitting words mister C and D'Art. You have done him proud.

Another example of not appreciating someone fully until they're gone.

Another true bear lost.

Not a criticism. Just an appreciation of the futility of arguments on line when true bears are leaving us.

Befitting words mister C and D'Art. You have done him proud.

Excellent post mate

I think the debating chamber should be renamed after him for a month

We actually spoke about permanently naming it after him in the Mod section but after a bit of discussion we agreed that Manti wouldn't have wanted that.

We actually spoke about permanently naming it after him in the Mod section but after a bit of discussion we agreed that Manti wouldn't have wanted that.

Aye, but he always was a contrary bugger. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be fitting :)

Great tribute Mister C!

Nice words mate (tu)

It'll be a strange place on here without Manticore. I'll miss the feeling of weight being lifted from you when you noticed he had quoted you and was on your side and not disagreeing with your post :lol:

RIP Manti.

:lol: I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way. Waiting for his quoted notification to open was like waiting to go & see the headmaster! :lol:

He was never scathing or angry. Just factual, to the point (which was his real skill) and always bloody well correct!!! :lol:

This is very true mate.

I don't have him down as the type to go in for ceremony either, if I'm honest, but as a regular of the debating chamber I can honestly say the prospect of never seeing him tie some poor soul up in knots on a simple point of semantics ever again makes me overwhelmingly sad. Whatever gestures are or are not made in tribute, the guy owned that board.