1 hour ago, deco19761 said:

Definitely the best sports star in Europe.  A TOTAL class act from the minute he leaves the changing room to the court,  his interviews, his whole attitude. .. .

Well done fed.  Deserved it. 

Well deserved and to not drop a single set in the full tournament is phenomenal,brushed some of the players aside as if he was 21 again

5 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Hopefully he can beat one of the big dogs in the final in New York to cap it all off.

I doubt it Jamie.  He is getting older snd the grass is probably, in my opinion, his beat chance.  The hard courts maybe just to fast for him nowadays.. . Think he was talking today about taking another 6 months out. ... Prob give the french open a go and Wimbledon next year to defend his title but after that I think he will retire. 

I hear today he has won something like $90m  in his career but 10 times.that in sponsorship. ... Fucking unreal. Do luck the football I will get wee boy into tennis. Lol 

3 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

I doubt it Jamie.  He is getting older snd the grass is probably, in my opinion, his beat chance.  The hard courts maybe just to fast for him nowadays.. . Think he was talking today about taking another 6 months out. ... Prob give the french open a go and Wimbledon next year to defend his title but after that I think he will retire. 

I hear today he has won something like $90m  in his career but 10 times.that in sponsorship. ... Fucking unreal. Do luck the football I will get wee boy into tennis. Lol 

Federer won a hard court slam 6 months ago. He is playing much, much better than he was in 2015 when he reached the US Open final. Djokovic was rampant then. He's not now. Neither is Murray. They might not even play. A Federer-Nadal final would be very interesting, and with Federer winning their last four meetings on hard courts, he ought to be seen as favourite.

6 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Federer won a hard court slam 6 months ago. He is playing much, much better than he was in 2015 when he reached the US Open final. Djokovic was rampant then. He's not now. Neither is Murray. They might not even play. A Federer-Nadal final would be very interesting, and with Federer winning their last four meetings on hard courts, he ought to be seen as favourite.

I know. I just think he is going to pick n choose.  And I think he will want one last championship at wimbeldon snd that cell be his focus . He may play in the US but I doubt he will reach the final . .

20 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Think he would retire at the end of the year if he won the US open? 

Can't see a better way to go out as number 1 and winning 3 slams in a year.

That being said he looks incredibly fit and still could compete for another couple of years. If the Olympics were in a year or two, I think he would go for it once more, but 3 years away is a huge ask.

I reckon he'll keep going for as long as he feels like a contender. He seems to genuinely enjoy the sport and his family seem ever-present on the tour with him. 20 is a nice round figure though...

2 hours ago, JamieD said:

Hopefully he can beat one of the big dogs in the final in New York to cap it all off.

Bought tickets for the US recently. Praying to see him. HAVE to see him or Murray or will be in a deep, deep cream puff.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Bought tickets for the US recently. Praying to see him. HAVE to see him or Murray or will be in a deep, deep cream puff.

Well jel. I've seen Federer twice at the tour finals but it's just not the same as a slam.

2 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Well jel. I've seen Federer twice at the tour finals but it's just not the same as a slam.

It's for the QFs. Pretty good seats as well. Leaving before the SFs and Fs so that's the best I can get. 

Order of preference: Fed, Murray, Nadal, Djok.

Make it happen, God.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Missed this, what happened?

What day have you got booked? Day or night session?

QFs usually on separate days and two different sessions, so you will get a woman's match as well. Hope you get lucky!

Canny mind, but he had a wee huff and his name was changed from Compton to Creampuff.

That seemed to suit him quite well so it was decided by the forum that it should remain, and it has to this day. 

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You'll be in deep with @Creampuff

:matron:

In all seriousness, never attended a tennis match, not sure if it would be brilliant and completely boring.

Me neither, but I can't see it being anything other than a good experience, at very least as a one off.

It's something different, and I like the sport, so should be fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Murrray route to a possible final:

R1: Sandgren
R2: Mayer/Dutra Silva
R3: Schwartzman
R4: Pouille
QF: Tsonga
SF: Zverev
F: Nadal/Federer

Some draw for Murray baring in mind alot of big names are out (djokovic nishikori raonic wawrinka) could be his best chance for another slam.

3 hours ago, Creampuff said:

That's a fucking dream draw for Murray. 

None of his usual shite though, he's not 100% so can't be dropping stupid sets in the first week.

Be hard for him to compete. He needs to be 100% or he struggles IMO. Looks like fed could be favourite in my eyes.

im going . Leaving Edinburgh to NY on Monday morning, got Arthur Ashe tickets for Tuesday and Wednesday. £750 for 2 for 2 days. None of yer in the gods pish. 

Also they give access to the other showcourts. Took Ashe as in case it rains.

canny wait. Fed is the only top player I've not saw at the O2.

hopefully this is my chance, might have to get night tickets also if he put on then. 

?