The writer says it isn't Nadal or Federer. Murray tweeted the story, which obviously doesn't mean anything, a guilty person would act appalled too, but somehow I don't see it. A young pre-dominant Djokovic is plausible, and he retired after meltdowns on various occasions. Safin and Cilic have the ring of truth about them. Safin is a member of the Russian parliament in Putin's party, so if the Russian matchfixers were issuing threats to the investigators, Buzzfeed would be wary about making any wild claims :P

I wonder who the retired player was who gave up the long list of names in the plea bargain. Someone who took a very lengthy lay-off for illness and was always known as aloof and friendless, perhaps?

Soderling? Doesn't strike me as an obvious candidate for match fixing to be honest.

Or am I missing something here? ?

Edmund needs to get working on his fitness. A booming forehand is all very well, but if you cant run after 2 hours you can forget going anywhere in a slam.

I just feel like cramping at the age of 21 and its not like he's even had to play in qualifiers before hand is pretty ridiculous...to be fair And Murray has had similar issues when younger but put in the hours with his fitness regime, Edmund will need to do similar if he wants to progress.

Soderling? Doesn't strike me as an obvious candidate for match fixing to be honest.

Or am I missing something here?

I did mean Soderling, but only because of the peculiarly long-running illness and the fact that he would defo grass on his fellow players :lol:

http://www.svd.se/41-tennisnamn-pa-svarta-listan/om/sport

Names... scroll to the bottom of the article and click "las mer".

What I got from the article translation.

Tennis Integrity Unit has two lists.

The Black List (players who are/were being investigated for match-fixing)

(Bolded some notable names)

Philipp Kohlschreiber

Potito Starace
Andreas Seppi,

Fabio Fognini
Janko Tipsarevic

Michael Llodra
Nikolay Davydenko
Teymuraz Gabashvili
Victor Crivoi
Christophe Rochus
Oscar Hernandez
Yevgeny Korolev
Filippo Volandri
Wayne Odesnik
Victoria Azarenka
Agnieszka Radwanska

Francesca Schiavone
Sara Errani
Maria Kirilenko

Kateryna Bondarenko

The Watch List (Players who have been warned).

Notable names in bold

Brian Dabul,

Eduardo Scwhank,

Jeremy Chardy,

Simone Bolelli,

Lukasz Kubot,

Carlos Berlocq,

Igor Kunitsyn,

Andrey Golubev,

Alex Bogomolov,

Somdev Devvarman,

Steve Darcis,

Marin Cilic,

Flavio Cipolla,

Ivo Karlovic,

Viktor Troicki,

Flavia Pennetta,

Roberta Vinci,

Virginie Razzano,

Romina Oprandi,

Dominika Cibulkova,

Eleni Daniilidou

Murray through in straight sets 6-1,6-2,6-3 in 2hrs 7mins professional performance. For me Murray is still spending far to long feet behind the baseline. If he wants to win this he'll need to change that. 6/10 from me today.

Big Sam groth up next.

Night all.

Joke stuff from Rafa again. When you drop so many returns in the service boxes you have zero chance against any big hitters in the game. Used to hit the baseline with spin and pace at ease.

He played exactly the same all last year. Should have ditched the coach and if he doesn't soon he should retire now.

Rafa on the brink against Verdasco. He looks finished in all honesty. Needs to lose Uncle Toni if he's ever to get near a slam again.

In the modern game you have got to hit the baseline in rallies , his coach is either blind or doesn't give a fuck.

Should have been punted last year .

In the modern game you have got to hit the baseline in rallies , his coach is either blind or doesn't give a fuck.

Should have been punted last year .

Which is why I don't like how Murray's forehand seems to have gone backwards under Mauresmo. Lendl was drilling it into him that he needed more depth on the forehand and second serve.

Which is why I don't like how Murray's forehand seems to have gone backwards under Mauresmo. Lendl was drilling it into him that he needed more depth on the forehand and second serve.

after watching andys game there - he had excellent depth throughout the match. I think his forehand is much improved.