Rangers Gunning for Gavin again

(tu) what a weird reason to not sign someone.

I had a cousin who was working inside the stadium when Hartson was driven in through the gates at the Broomloan Rd side. He said he got out the car on the trackside and went towards the tunnel. His gut was hanging out his shirt, he looked like one of the workmen inside the stadium let alone a footballer.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers Gunning for Gavin again

By Liam Kennedy, 10 June 2014 11.00am.

Twitter

Kindle

Email

• image.jpgDefender Gavin Gunning.SNS Group

Rangers have re-entered the race to sign former Dundee United defender Gavin Gunning.

The Light Blues had all but given up their lengthy chase of the Irishman but the centre-half’s switch to Sheffield Wednesday fell through last week.

Ally McCoist’s men now find themselves back at the head of the queue for the signature of the 23-year-old.

Gunning looked all set to sign on the dotted line with the Owls, having travelled down to Hillsborough for a medical.

But those tests revealed a problem, which led to the Championship side taking the deal, which would have seen Gunning treble his wages, off the table.

Talks have taken place between both parties with Ibrox gaffer McCoist meeting Gunning in person.

And with a move to South Yorkshire looking dead in the water, McCoist looks primed to sanction a deal for the former Blackburn Rovers and Motherwell man, who left United on a free this summer after three years at Tannadice.

Meanwhile, former Tangerines and St Johnstone midfielder David Robertson has signed for Championship side Livingston.

The 27-year-old spent the second half of last season with Morton.

Another Dubliner! ScarKevin will be creaming himself.

I can see him in his O'Neil's top right now! 😃

I had a cousin who was working inside the stadium when Hartson was driven in through the gates at the Broomloan Rd side. He said he got out the car on the trackside and went towards the tunnel. His gut was hanging out his shirt, he looked like one of the workmen inside the stadium let alone a footballer.

:lol: he was always a big lad.

still could have done us a turn had we signed him IMO. Can u remember who we signed instead? My memory is hazy at best.

Gunning is a powerful central defender who will dominate opposition players in the 1st division. But is he good enough to get us towhere we want to go? No!

And I'm not even going to get involved in the debate about his fitness...

Not good enough. I'd rather have Hutchinson from Motherwell.

And anyway he choose Sheffield Wednesday ahead of us in the first place. You shouldn't need to be asked twice to join one of the worlds biggest clubs!!

(tu) what a weird reason to not sign someone.

Basically we felt he was fat, and the season had already started. We were well within our rights to think that if it was the case.

It did come back to bite us on the arse a few times.

So much emphasis on unproven youth in what will be Scotland's most competitive league.

This whole youth thing works when a player is an absolute stand out. Hallkett and Gasparotto are unproven and the signing of a quick/powerful and experienced centre half on a 1 year deal suits all of us.

We're never happy. Signing players or not. Really am getting fed up with it.

Set to sign for Birmingham

Well at least some got to piss and moan about McCoist in relation to the rumour. Isn't that right, ForeverBlue_Since91?

Not good enough. I'd rather have Hutchinson from Motherwell.

And anyway he choose Sheffield Wednesday ahead of us in the first place. You shouldn't need to be asked twice to join one of the worlds biggest clubs!!

Even Bears have turned us down.in the past hell even Ally did.three times

The signing of a McGregor will probably see the end of this one.

Mohsni, McCulloch, McGregor, Faure, Halkett, Gasparatto

That's more than enough for SD1.

I'd remove Halkett and Gasparatto from the list, personally. I don't see McCoist playing either of them in this league due to their lack of experience.

So I reckon he'll probably try and sign one more CB.

Though I'd rather see one of the younger guys, I just think he'd rather have another.

He's went and signed for Birmingham City.

I don't know how good a player he was but at least he was young.

Not a massive loss if truth be told, went off the idea of signing him when I heard the rumour he was mouthing to the Celtic fans 'no chance' at Parkhead when they were giving him grief for being linked with us.

Would love to see us get Hutchinson though.

What a fucking joke. Don fucking and now this cunt who has already failed a medical at another club.

Ally McCoist you are one clueless manager. It is unbelievable why any Rangers manager would go for any of these no marks.

All the arseholes who are protesting about the board should be protesting about our manager.

People say it's money that will stop us competing in the SPL it's fucking Ally McCoist that is holding us back.

Presumably Lee Clark must also be one clueless manager then because he's went and signed him?!