Blue Thunder

ps95v7

Just read autobiography on Jock Wallace I would advise all bears (especially those of a certain age 50ish) to read this book but it is bitter sweet.

Times may have changed but the media even in those days were good at trying to kick us so we should be used to it, but RFC had a spine in those days.

Although Jock Wallace had some tough times with the support due to results he believed in a youth policy, but overall he was one in a million.

If only his ethos was around our great club today, he gave us a belief that we are more than a club with No Surrender meaning Nae Surrender as the big man put it.

Gone but never forgotten.

WDDWA

:nosfa::brokensfa:

We desperately need a man of his staure back at the club, im too young to remember his days in charge, but from what ive seen and read and by the way he is revered by nearly every Rangers fan I can assume he would never have stood for the shite thats going on at Rangers just now.

A great manager and worked wonders with his man management style. Tough, but fair. Fergie get's all the credit for being the quintessential tough Scottish manager, but all Fergie did was work the media better, thus his fame became the brighter.

I'd love to be able to put Jock Wallace in a room first with Regan, then with Doncaster, and last with Liewell, Petrie and the Dundee Hivs weasel (3 to 1 maybe isn't fair let them have Milne and Turnbull Hutton too!) and when the big man walked out dusting himself down - probably take a total of 5 minutes - football would be safe! I wouldn't insult him by asking him to waste his time on the rats of BBC or the gutter press!

Jock Wallace had Rangers in his bone marrow but while he was made of solid steel I can personally attest to what a nice guy he was as well. I will always remember him with respect and affection!

Up there with the best of them.

Don't need to say much about his first spell , it's there for all to see , but his second spell wasn't as successful as we would have liked in the league , and was replaced with Graeme Souness.

Souness went on to win the league in that first season , many thinking because of big money players , but the reality is he won it with the bulk of young players that Jock Wallace had brought through - guys like Ferguson , Durrant , Fleck , McPherson ,McMinn , Munro all formed the backbone of that title winning team.

And that , too , will be part of Jock Wallace's legacy.

Jock Wallace was every bit the manager that Jock Stein was. He was right out of the Struth era of expectations of players, management and fans, oh and the other ones I would love to put him in a room with are Dingwall and Houston should take him about 30 seconds to put these two in their place.