BBC's usual fob off

Blue63

Got this last night regarding my complaint BBC Complaints - Case Number CAS-2807347-G8ZV69, regarding AH being an the appropriate guest on a panel regarding Rangers, as you can see there is clearly no moral understanding from the BBC regarding her rabid anti Rangers obsession and love for all things green or her close ties with our 3 named bigot & racist, now either they are incredibly naïve, stupid or a combination of both or they clearly utilise known antagonistic and controversial figures to deliberately and surreptitiously have a go at Rangers for a willing and hungry audience. I for one am not completely satisfied by this response and plan to take it further Thank you for your email. Your comments were passed to the Editor, who has asked that I forward his response as follows:

“Thank you for getting in touch.

At the top of the programme Sarah Smith asked “Was it a witch-hunt?”. We were asking whether or not HMRC were right to pursue this case. Sarah went on to give Sir David Murray’s opinion that if HMRC “hadn’t pursued the case the club would never have gone into financial meltdown.”

We invited Craig Houston, a spokesman for the Rangers fan club ‘Sons of Struth’, and Angela Haggerty, Editor of ‘Downfall’, to discuss this issue. Both guests were there to give their personal opinion on this matter and both did. Sarah explained why the BBC had covered the story originally by saying we reported that Rangers were being investigated for tax. Mr Houston was allowed to respond to this and give his views as was Ms Haggerty.

Sarah did say that it had been difficult for Rangers fans in recent years and she mentioned that the club had been stripped of trophies. I apologise for this inaccuracy and we did correct this at the end of the programme.

This was a major talking point on that day therefore we discussed it on Scotland 2014. The discussion was balanced throughout.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us”.

TBH it's pointless complaining to them all they do is write the same template E-mail and send it out thousands of times.

Best thing for the club to do is ban them from Ibrox for good or till they change the biased approach to reporting on Rangers.

I would ask them if their scripts are witten by real journalists or just the tea lady?

Any editor worth his salt would have corrected that initial factually incorrect statement before the program aired, only an editor with an agenda would read it and leave it, a correction at the end of the program is worth nothing, I switched over after the piece so never heard or saw it, but then an editor with an agenda would be relying on that.

Got this last night regarding my complaint BBC Complaints - Case Number CAS-2807347-G8ZV69, regarding AH being an the appropriate guest on a panel regarding Rangers, as you can see there is clearly no moral understanding from the BBC regarding her rabid anti Rangers obsession and love for all things green or her close ties with our 3 named bigot & racist, now either they are incredibly naïve, stupid or a combination of both or they clearly utilise known antagonistic and controversial figures to deliberately and surreptitiously have a go at Rangers for a willing and hungry audience. I for one am not completely satisfied by this response and plan to take it further Thank you for your email. Your comments were passed to the Editor, who has asked that I forward his response as follows:

“Thank you for getting in touch.

At the top of the programme Sarah Smith asked “Was it a witch-hunt?”. We were asking whether or not HMRC were right to pursue this case. Sarah went on to give Sir David Murray’s opinion that if HMRC “hadn’t pursued the case the club would never have gone into financial meltdown.”

We invited Craig Houston, a spokesman for the Rangers fan club ‘Sons of Struth’, and Angela Haggerty, Editor of ‘Downfall’, to discuss this issue. Both guests were there to give their personal opinion on this matter and both did. Sarah explained why the BBC had covered the story originally by saying we reported that Rangers were being investigated for tax. Mr Houston was allowed to respond to this and give his views as was Ms Haggerty.

Sarah did say that it had been difficult for Rangers fans in recent years and she mentioned that the club had been stripped of trophies. I apologise for this inaccuracy and we did correct this at the end of the programme.

This was a major talking point on that day therefore we discussed it on Scotland 2014. The discussion was balanced throughout.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us”.

Near enough the same response that I received.

Send them an email telling them you're cancelling your license then send a letter to the TV licensing company removing their implied right of access and cancelling your license.

Literally the only way they will change is if the private shareholders are hit where it hurts. Until then no-one with the power to do anything will bother their arse.

What is just as questionable is the different treatment Haggerty and Houston received from the host. One was cross-examined, the other wasn't. Haggerty's word was accepted as truth.

I'd like them to explain that.

The best way to attack this is to take the fight to BBC HQ down south.

BBC Scotland will try to contain it as their bosses don't want trouble with the big bosses down south.

Highlighting their parochial one sided attitude will make them look small time and harm career prospects.

They will pay attention to that.

It won't fix what's already happened but it may help limiting any more attacks on us.

As mentioned above, your complaint won't be taken seriously at BBC Scotland. But keep at it, go though the complaints procedures and once it gets down south it will get a fairer hearing.

(tu)

The entire programme came across amateur and low brow, the presenter seemed out of her depth (OT: she was on C4 news for many years, and we know there are a few agendas against Rangers and the tax case from certain journalists with links to Haggerty)

Not to mention former Labour Leader John Smith's daughter! Can you tell what it is yet?

Ah well. I will probably get the same reply.

BBC policy must be say what you want and mention it at the end incase anyone is still watching. Of course, they could just start the lie with the phrase "some people might say".