get ready to weep

thehost

Wonder how many players feel that Lee brings more to the team than just slow turning bad defending, manager may back his captain shocker.

Any time I have seen him play he has always tried to lead the Rangers way, if the opposition scores, he grabs the ball demands better then drags his team mates back up, whenever we are needing a goal he is up there putting his head in at corners encouraging Aird and Lewis as well as the new guys trying to bed in.

Dont think many folk would have him in their Rangers dream team, I understand he is not getting any younger, but none of us in all honesty can really quantify what a good leader and captain brings to his team. Why dont we save the criticism for when he starts to make actual mistakes, instead of finding more reasons to throw our arms in the air and stamp our feet over a situation that hasn't happened yet :thumbup:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mcgregor before moshni, shiels nowhere near the team as well

id love to see this line up

Bell

Foster-Zaliukas-McGregor-Wallace

Black-Macleod

Aird-----------------------------------Templeton

Miller-Boyd

McKay in place of templeton if need be, and Law can play instead of Black in games at Ibrox where we will dominate possession a lot more, when the games are wrapped up id have gasparotto on for mcgregor and other young guys like clark and gallacher on for the final 20 for miller and boyd, hutton for macleod if he's still feeling the effects of last seasons condition

and tbh id give moshni a shot at right back, foster is an absolute nightmare

(tu)

Wonder how many players feel that Lee brings more to the team than just slow turning bad defending, manager may back his captain shocker.

Any time I have seen him play he has always tried to lead the Rangers way, if the opposition scores, he grabs the ball demands better then drags his team mates back up, whenever we are needing a goal he is up there putting his head in at corners encouraging Aird and Lewis as well as the new guys trying to bed in.

Dont think many folk would have him in their Rangers dream team, I understand he is not getting any younger, but none of us in all honesty can really quantify what a good leader and captain brings to his team. Why dont we save the criticism for when he starts to make actual mistakes, instead of finding more reasons to throw our arms in the air and stamp our feet over a situation that hasn't happened yet :thumbup:

so you are saying that the team would rather play with almost a man down and have to carry jig through tough games instead of acknowledging his contribution over the years and getting advice off him off the park instead

we cannot afford any slip ups at all this season, thats why ally brought in guys like miller, boyd, zaliukas and mcgregor, so using jig who was clearly struggling against better players last season, is taking about 2 or 3 steps back

To be fair it's not really Jig I'm worried about, for once it's Ally who seems to be trying every formation in the book to try and fit Jig into his starting 11, there is no way Black and Jig should start together if both are in midfield and he shouldn't be trying to get players to play in positions/formations they're not used to (Foster/Faure) wing backs. Big Jig to me should always be in the squad but on the bench as we need to start looking to the season when we go up and need settled CBs and not possible chopping and changing.

The only position I would play him is defensive mid as part of a 3 man midfield so im not bothered about this. It has to be instead of Black and not as well as though

are ye kidding, a defensive midfielder arguably needs to be the most mobile out of the midfield as they are tracking runners

jig was too slow to be defensive mid back in 2011, mind when ally tried him there against hearts and malmo both at ibrox :anguish:

I doubt they will all start every game. A tad sensationalist.

Whilst you are predicting, what formation will we play, what jokes will Ally crack and when will he shave his beard off?

look at last season, shunted out top goalscorer in division 3 wide right to accomodate his signing of daly, shunted macleod wide left to accomodate law in centre mid, and lets not forget his substitutions in the ramsdens final when wallace was crocked

Ok points taken, all I am saying is for me the 2 new centre backs can't just be thown in there, imo they will possibly be bled in.

Dont know a lot about mcgregor but his hand will need held a bit early on, its one thing playing loads of games for a St Mirren team that can handle getting beat 3 in a row as long as they draw the fourth its quite another playing for us where a draw could result in the manager losing his job, the same for Zaluska so I expect Jig, Billy and either one of the other 2 if Ally plays with a 3.

Look how well Boughey and Weir were for each other, this will be some test of our metle this year, we will need everyone of these players, so despite everyone trying to pick an 11 I would imagine we will stretch this squad fully once injurys and suspentions kick in

:7325:

they will go

probably to another UB night

to do nothing other than garner support

Getting more and more angry with McCoist. He hasn't got a fucking clue. I never wanted him as a manager in the first place.

He is in his fifties, has had years and years to pick up experience and yet is still unable to fucking tell when a man is past it, when a player is obviously being played in a role he is uncomfortable with and when his tactics are plainly not working.

18 days until we play Hibs. He better get it right this time.

Getting more and more angry with McCoist. He hasn't got a fucking clue. I never wanted him as a manager in the first place.

He is in his fifties, has had years and years to pick up experience and yet is still unable to fucking tell when a man is past it, when a player is obviously being played in a role he is uncomfortable with and when his tactics are plainly not working.

18 days until we play Hibs. He better get it right this time.

It is nothing new. As likeable as he is / was, he was a fucking execrable pundit. He has never struck me as someone who knew anything that mattered about the game. I got suckered in on his appointment because I love / loved the man but I was wrong to do so.

I've read the article and the one thing that interested me was that after initial testing for the pre-season Jig was coming out as one of the fittest players so irrespective of what people might think he has been looking after himself.

Do I agree with the formation etc, not fully with the formation and defo not with the personnel, if we're going to play a 3 CB formation then it has to be a 3-5-2, Bilel, Moshni and Zali at the back,

It doesn't matter if you can run 1 mile or 10 in a football game if you're going at the one speed (which is SLOWLY in Jigs case) the entire time. Being fit means a lot less these days than being fast.

Also Mohsni is enough of a liability as it is never mind having 2 of him in our defence!

All he's saying is that he will play wherever the manager asks him to if called upon.

What the fuck is wrong with that?

It's the typical drip feed of ideas that Ally knows the fans won't like, through our controlled media outlet. It's done with the purpose of familiarising the fans with the idea before implementing it, almost a subliminal message of sorts. Jig isn't coming out and saying "aye. I'd like to play centre mid" randomly. It's all part of the process. I'd be willing to wager money that Jig will start in the first game of the season (injuries aside) and I'm sure even you would agree that isn't what is best for the team.

It doesn't matter if you can run 1 mile or 10 in a football game if you're going at the one speed (which is SLOWLY in Jigs case) the entire time. Being fit means a lot less these days than being fast.

Also Mohsni is enough of a liability as it is never mind having 2 of him in our defence!

If you actually bothered to digest what I wrote, you would see that all I said was I found it interesting, and you might also note that I didn't include him in the line-up. It should have been McGregor, Bilel and Zali though not Bilel twice lol.

As for you slating Bilel and many others it seems too many people just want to slate players these days for the sake of it and will only remember mistakes that players make and not the positive contributions that they also make.

If you actually bothered to digest what I wrote, you would see that all I said was I found it interesting, and you might also note that I didn't include him in the line-up. It should have been McGregor, Bilel and Zali though not Bilel twice lol.

As for you slating Bilel and many others it seems too many people just want to slate players these days for the sake of it and will only remember mistakes that players make and not the positive contributions that they also make.

There is a reason people slate the manager, his tactics and his players. And it's not because they are all playing really well and entertaining us. If you're shite at your job, you're shite at it, even if you are Ally McCoist.

It is nothing new. As likeable as he is / was, he was a fucking execrable pundit. He has never struck me as someone who knew anything that mattered about the game. I got suckered in on his appointment because I love / loved the man but I was wrong to do so.

I suppose I am one of the lucky ones who never really bought into the whole "Super Ally" cult when he was a player. Means I was never going to give him the benefit of the doubt as a manager just because he held a special place in my heart.

And before anyone jumps on what I've written, he was a good player for Rangers for a long time. He was simply never top of my list of favourites at any given time.

What GW and Ally need to realise, is all the people who decided against renewing will need to be persuaded to buy tickets on a weekly basis.

It's all very well ex- season ticket holders saying they will go on a week to week basis, but talk is cheap.

When performances are poor and / or results are poor, then I am sure there will be many defaulters.

I've renewed, but when I got my invitation in for petrifaction tickets, I have to be honest and say that I don't know if I can be tempted to watch McCulloch in midfield, seems before and it was dire.

I'll see how things go in the next two weeks.

Am I A fair weather supporter?

No, just someone who is scunnered with the style of football over the last four - six years and my patience is running out.

It's the typical drip feed of ideas that Ally knows the fans won't like, through our controlled media outlet. It's done with the purpose of familiarising the fans with the idea before implementing it, almost a subliminal message of sorts. Jig isn't coming out and saying "aye. I'd like to play centre mid" randomly. It's all part of the process. I'd be willing to wager money that Jig will start in the first game of the season (injuries aside) and I'm sure even you would agree that isn't what is best for the team.

I love the way that is stated as fact. See me, I'm a great believer in reading what people say without twisting it to suit my particular agenda.

How does Jig saying 'I don't know what to expect....no-one is a guaranteed starter' fit in with Ally's Machiavellian control of information?

I suppose I am one of the lucky ones who never really bought into the whole "Super Ally" cult when he was a player. Means I was never going to give him the benefit of the doubt as a manager just because he held a special place in my heart.

And before anyone jumps on what I've written, he was a good player for Rangers for a long time. He was simply never top of my list of favourites at any given time.

Weird. I knew there must have been some people from my generation who didn't have McCoist as one of their main Rangers heroes in the 90's, I've just never had any contact with them outwith the Internet.

I love the way that is stated as fact. See me, I'm a great believer in reading what people say without twisting it to suit my particular agenda.

I'm a believer in not being totally naïve. What's your opinion on Jig starting in CM against Hibs/Hearts?

Don't think that Jig should be a first pick CM but he will be needed in that position from time to time.

When we play at Easter Rd and Tynecastle these are going to be very nasty games played in nasty atmospheres with tackles flying in all over the place.

Some of our midfield are a bit lightweight and these might not be the type of games for them.