get ready to weep

thehost

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All he's saying is that he will play wherever the manager asks him to if called upon.

What the fuck is wrong with that?

I'd wager McCulloch being a starter no matter what, despite his form. Be it in midfield or defence, it's not something to look forward to.

Do you think McCulloch can still do a job? And should he be given a start ahead of others?

I'd wager McCulloch being a starter no matter what, despite his form. Be it in midfield or defence, it's not something to look forward to.

Do you think McCulloch can still do a job? And should he be given a start ahead of others?

Irrelevant, he's only stating that he will fill in when asked.

For what it's worth, I think Jig would be a good option to have on the bench, I wouldn't be starting him regularly if I was manager - captain or not.

Constructive post. Maybe you should fuck off.

Might just do that,no chance I'm watching another season of Ally's negative turgid football,was really optimistic it would change after signing Miller and Boyd but obviously not wouldn't be surprised if Miller is shoved wide right,absolute joke

He's not suggested that anywhere <cr>

By saying the CEO should be responsible for what players remain at the club surely impacts on team selection. Didn't mean GW should select the starting eleven or decide the tactics.

All he's said is he'll play anywhere for the team.

I'd start worrying if he's a starter against Hibs.

the hibs and hearts games will either be the dawn of a new era for us in terms of football style, team selection etc, or it will be the final nail in allys coffin as gaffer

guess what the bookies have as favourite of the two :dry:

I've read the article and the one thing that interested me was that after initial testing for the pre-season Jig was coming out as one of the fittest players so irrespective of what people might think he has been looking after himself.

Do I agree with the formation etc, not fully with the formation and defo not with the personnel, if we're going to play a 3 CB formation then it has to be a 3-5-2, Bilel, Moshni and Zali at the back, midfield has to be either Black or Jig (not both) with Macleod and Law in front, and out wide Wallace on left and possibly Temps on the right with a combination of two different strikers up front, prob Miller and Boyd as first choice.

Black can protect the back 3, Macleod and Law forever pushing forward, and Wallace is good at going forward and well Temps is a winger anyway there are also plenty of people who can come in and cover for injury/suspension etc.

Problem is with the line up Coisty is suggesting is more of a 3-6-1 and is far to defensive minded with the personnel he has been choosing. Idea can be quite good the implementation absolutely terrible.

the hibs and hearts games will either be the dawn of a new era for us in terms of football style, team selection etc, or it will be the final nail in allys coffin as gaffer

guess what the bookies have as favourite of the two :dry:

I agree with this assessment, Ally ain't going to drop Jig, don't know if it's just because of the best pals act or maybe it's actually written into Jig's contract that he has to play as captain if fit.

He said he'd play anywhere.

Isn't that what utility players do?

Anyone who thinks the management have decided on their first team line-up and formations for the season at this early stage is a retard.

Where Jig is concerned he has played the majority of the time in the friendlies so far, you don't do that to a player if you ain't going to play him at all at the start of the season, also calling people retards is very offensive the majority of us on here don't support Celtic.

Might just do that,no chance I'm watching another season of Ally's negative turgid football,was really optimistic it would change after signing Miller and Boyd but obviously not wouldn't be surprised if Miller is shoved wide right,absolute joke

Good. You and your ilk won't be missed.

Managers far better than Ally have tried playing around with defensive formations for years and 99 times out of 100 it's goes belly up and they switch back to the simple 4 at the back. Foster Zaliukus Mohsni Wallace should be our back 4.

Would much rather Ally focused on our attacking options and looking at ways to play Miller Boyd Templeton Shiels Clark McKay and Aird successfully. McCulloch shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven in any position, however I'd rather he was the ahead of Daly as a back up striker to come on when Boyd or Miller are knackered.