Your story!

My mate's copied this idea from a Walsall forum, so I've tailored it to Rangers related. Apologies for the wall of text. However, I freely admit to going into gush mode when it's Rangers I'm talking about!! Would be great if you can all add your own answers!! (tu)

Q1: How did your support of The Gers start?

Aren't you just programmed at birth? That's what I always thought growing up anyway. I don't have one singular moment where I thought "That's it, I'm a Rangers fan now!". Probably installed through influences. I always remember going to see my Grandad (who I still miss dearly to this day, 24 years after he died) as a very young kid, every Saturday morning. First thing he'd do is take his coupon out & tell me who 'The Rangers' were playing that day & ask if he thought we'd win lose or draw!! He probably died a poor man because of me!! Haha!!

I also remember playing football on the road outside our house. My neighbour came home from work one day on his motorbike. He saw me with a blue top (probably one of them vests you used to get in the 70's) on. He said "Is that you a Rangers fan now, Mark?". I said something along the lines of "Yes, I've got a strip now too" (pointing to the vest). 10 minutes later he comes out of his house with a small box. He takes out one of those old silk scarves you used to get & wraps it round my neck, then hands me the box. In it is a Rangers L.P & an old subbuteo box with a team of blue players in it! "Here you go mate, you can have this lot"! For a 5 year old kid, this was fucking epic!!! rock.gif Cheers Brian, I've never forgotten this!!! rock.gif

A few of the kids in my class were also Gers fans so we'd play football after school....anywhere and for all hours under the sun. Those 2 or 3 hours after school finished lasted forever until you'd hear that awful sound...."Maaaark, your tea is ready" (like a fucking fog horn she was) nothing else mattered.....not even hunger!!! I didn't know it yet, but I was now a die in the wool Rangers fan. Strange how these things happen while you don't realise it!!!

I grew up outside Edinburgh, so we didn't have all the shit that goes with supporting one of the Old Firm. I got more hassle from the Plastic Paddies (Hibs fans) than I did Celtic fans to be honest!! lol.gif (Up here they conveniently take all the Catholic kids and shove them into a separate school for brainwashing lol.gif I'm just messing btw). Anyhow, once it comes to high school, you're suddenly faced with a group of people that you've never met before & both sides are already programmed to dislike each other. No one knows why this should be, at the time.....just the way it happens. STOP SEGREGATING SCHOOL CHILDREN & BRAINWASHING THEM WITH RELIGIOUS SHITE!!! Problem solved.

Q2: Are there a lot of Rangers supporters amongst your family?

Yes. I haven't spoken to any of them in almost 10 years, but all my family claimed to be Rangers fans last time I checked! My wife hates football. That's what she tells me until I start watching a game and she ends up screaming at the TV like a loony!! My son Genuinely hates football, sensible bastard that he is!! lol.gif

Q3: What have been the highlights of supporting the club?

Oooft. Would be easy to say 'too many to mention' but it's me we're talking about. Umm, from almost being savaged by a police dog for jumping a fence at Hampden because I didn't have a cup final ticket, to witnessing great European nights. From revelling in the glory of true legends of our clubs history to encouraging (laughing at, really) some complete donkeys trying their hardest to make it. From cup final victories to league triumphs.

Most memorable game that I attended was the 3rd round of the European Cup in 1989. We were playing the much favoured Dinamo Kiev. Sure they were favourites to win it that year, with the likes of Kuznetsov, Mikhailickenko, Rats etc in their team. We went to Russia and held out for a credible 1-0 loss. They scored a lucky penalty, but everyone knew that they would come to Glasgow & knock fuck out of us. Cue 45,000 Rangers fans to generate most unbelievable atmosphere I've ever witnessed. I was 19 years old and I genuinely felt scared at the noise. For fucking stupid political reasons we can't sing one particular song now. However, as the teams came out, all 4 stands sang this song in unison (no mean feat.....no overlapping....just one HUGE wall of noise). I swear I saw one of Kiev's coaches hide in the tunnel!!! Kick of came and you could tell Kiev were rattled by the atmosphere alone. 8 minutes in & their Keeper had the simple task of bowling the ball out over-arm to a player 10 yards away. For reasons known only to him, he hits the back of one of his own players & the ball breaks loose. Coisty was on it in a flash & the ball made it's way to Mark Falco who just had to roll it into the net. 1+0 & Cue the wall of noise again and this time the Kiev players testicles joined their coach in the tunnel!! Into the second half and it's poised nicely. One goal either way surely wins it. We break away with 5 minutes to go. Trevor Francis pops a high looping ball into the box and Falco heads to McCoist, who gives the 'keeper the eyes before heading it in the opposite direction!!! 2-0 & we're through. Just have to hold out. Into injury time & someone does an 80 yard pass-back & the whole stadium erupts like we've just scored a goal! Ecstasy..sheer ecstasy!!! I'd never been moved to tears at a game before that, but after that final whistle went I completely lost it!

Might sound corny, but another genuine highlight is simply just being there, and being part of it. Standing on the terraces with thousands of friends you've never met before, hugging a complete stranger (as if you've both just won the lottery), just because some guy has put a ball into the back of a net is something no-one can explain. It's surely the act of a madman, right??

Watching world class players playing for your team....in fact, scrub the world class bit. Watching home-grown players mixing with some world class players & being part of a great chapter in the history of your club is special! I've seen some memorable highs with Rangers. The inspiring late 70's, The Souness years, the 9-in-a-row era, the Walter Smith era's including the inaugural Champions League (where you HAD to be a champion to play in it) and a UEFA cup final. I consider myself fortunate to have witnessed these era's, but the success isn't the reason I'm a Rangers fan. You do it because it's a calling. Once you're hooked, you're hooked & there's no reason why you need to fight it!! (You've been pre-programmed to do it, remember!! edwink.gif ). Our recent history would be testimony to that.

The last two seasons have seen us treated like shit & demoted to the bottom tier of Scottish football. However, we've worked our way back up and it's actually been enjoyable. I do mean enjoyable, because it makes you step back from the corporate bullshit that goes with the game now & simply enjoy football (if that's what you can call it lol.gif ) again. Also, witnessing 38,000 people buying season tickets for the 3rd division just makes you realise you're part of something bigger than hunting glory all the time!!

Q4: Are there any particular quirky stories and memories that you would like to share from either following the club or showing your support for the club?

I got married in the Seychelles and took a couple of Rangers strips with me. It was 1992 and we were playing Leeds away in the 2nd leg of the Champions league qualifiers. During the day of the game we bumped into a weird girl from Aberdeen who saw the shirt. So much for getting away from it all we thought! Anyway, we get back to the hotel mid afternoon & she's not feeling too great. I go to the the reception to get some cold drinks. What followed was the most surreal moment in my 40 years of (knowingly) being a Rangers fan. (remember I'm 7000 miles away from Scotland) From a balcony two floors up I hard the broadest Glaswegian accent: "Ho, pal.....Mon the Gers eh? Hawd oan....I'm on ma way doon tae!!!"

Again, so much for getting away from it all!! Next thing I know this guy has left his apartment & is in the reception asking someone if they have a radio so that we could listen to the Rangers game!!! lol.giflol.gif The guy obviously thought I was trying to listen to the game too. Now, not forgetting that I'm there to get married, I chose my next actions very carefully.

Would the wife to be, (who is lying on her bed not feeling great) let me sit in a hotel office 7000 miles away from home (with some of the most stunning scenery you'll ever see) in front of a radio trying to listen to a Rangers game with a guy who stayed 30 miles away from us at home?? Hmmm , I didn't fancy my chances. lol.gif I got some drinks and headed back. "You'll never guess what just happened" says I! To her credit, she said "I'm going for a nap so head back if you want!!!! RESULT!!!! "No, it's fine dear, honest.....we've come all this way.....and you're not well" I did try & sound genuine, honest. Anyway, she insisted so I took her word for it and I scarpered back....just in time for the locals turn off their electricity for the afternoon 'siesta'!! lol.giflol.gif No power = no radio!! Bollocks!!! lol.gif

Q5: What lengths do you go to, to watch the club or find out our result (cutting short holidays, missing relatives’ weddings etc., that kind of thing)?

Taking the above novel into account, I'll try & keep this short! For financial reasons I had to stop going to football when we had a family. Therefore, and remembering this was mainly in the days before TV ruled football, hours were sat in front of something called CEFAX (Ok, the irony that this was on a telly isn't lost on me). Waiting for page 310 to come back around to the Scottish Premier division page and to see if your team had scored felt like an eternity. This while chores needed done as well as pretending you were having a conversation with 'er in doors, while watching for the bloody page to update (we can't STILL be 1 down to fucking Aberdeen!!!!!!). That, and wandering about Asda to find a good reception area for your walkman and pretending to be checking out the deals on offer!!! It's much easier nowadays with the likes of twitter to keep updated. I mainly went to games from 1986 - 1991. I long to have a season ticket again. One day.....one day!!!

Q6: Who is your all-time favourite player and current favourite player and why?

The late great Davie Cooper. He was the one I tried to emulate all the time. Not easy trying to be a left winger when you're right footed. It was all to no avail. You just simply couldn't do what Davie did. On match days. I used to get into Ibrox really early just to watch the warm up. He had this routine that he'd do each game, you just had to see to believe it. Was far better than some of the games you'd see!

Bran Laudrup was perhaps a better all round player and he had pace. But Coop was just in a league of his own at the time, and could make great defenders look amateur with one flick of a boot. I can't believe that he's no longer with us, and passed away so tragically. Such was his talent & humility, pretty much all of Scotland stopped for a few days after he died. Even Celtic fans it has to be said. They hated the guy for tormenting them so many times, most Celtic fans I knew were gutted. His talent managed to cross the great divide, which was a measure of the man and his ability!

None of the current squad can be seen as true legends yet, but young Lewis Macleod is a real star in the making!! Never scores a tap in & you can tell his vision is superb. Genuinely hope we give this kid a chance!!!

Q7: Who do you currently attend matches with? Where do you sit? Where did you used to watch games from at Ibrox Park?

Can't go now as a punishment for leaving my sick wife to be, on a bed on her own in a hotel room, while we were 7000 miles away from home in 1992! BOLLOCKS!!! See guys, they never forgive & they NEVER forget!

Would sit anywhere, but always tried for the Copland stand to get a good view of the players warming up!! East Enclosure was rocking back when I was able to go to games too. You genuinely feared for your safety sometimes, but it was always an incredible place to be. I really miss those terraces!!

Q8: What thoughts spring to mind when you think of Ibrox Park?

Great memories.

Great players.

Amazing atmospheres.

Incredible managers.

Loyal support!!!

I'm also mindful of the fact that the fantastic stadium we have today was born out of the most tragic of circumstances! RIP the 66. To absent friends.....Forever in our hearts!

Q9: Do you attend away matches? If so, how often?

See Q7!

Q10: What are your favourite away grounds and why?

Tynecastle was a particular favourite as it used to be just like the terraces at Ibrox. Tightly packed & you went whichever way the others went! It was a shithole, but it had a fantastic atmosphere.

Also hate to say it, but Celtic park was also memorable in a unique way. It used to have one of the longest distances between opposing fans you've ever witnessed. When they scored, it would take forever for their cheers to hit you. First time I witnessed it I thought they hadn't noticed as I heard nothing (10, 9 , 8, 7...........) BAM!!

The end!!!!

I'll give it a go but doubt my replies will be anywhere near as long :lol:

:lol: Daft thing is, I don't think I said the things I was thinking either. Some important things missed, but I'll just leave it at that for everyone's sakes!!! :lol: Why say something in 2 lines when 2 paragraphs does the same?? :lol:

Looking forward to it mate!! (tu)

I was born and raised on Janefield street street. I went to London Road primary school. Celtic bought up the land, houses, forced all my family out. My Dad refused to move but in the end we were living in empty shells so there was nothing we could do. This happened when I was about 7 or 8. So I obviously hated Celtic and was drawn to Rangers from the outset. Celtic fans use to come out of the ground and smash my Dads car up all the time and the insurance wouldn't payout because Celtic nor the Police would take responsibility. Although I still have fond memories of playing in the Graveyard and Barrow works.

The first Old Firm game I seen had Paul McStay gloating about a victory Celtic had over Rangers and how it was really good. From that moment on I hated the cunt and longed for Rangers payback. I hate show off pricks.

Simply No. The rest of my family couldn't give a fuck about football in any way, shape, or form.

9-IN-A-ROW and celebrating it at the Bristol Bar because the guy at the Louden (he knows who he is) knocked me back.

Q4: Are there any particular quirky stories and memories that you would like to share from either following the club or showing your support for the club?

The Rangers team signed my sons jersey which was great of them. Gough signed a little union Jack hat which was great. Walter signed some photes and Ally signed the 50th programme for him. Those are all great acts and I loved meeting these guys and all the players.

One thing that always sticks out - I missed school at Whitehill (dogged it) to go see Andy Goram at the Louden about 18 years ago. On that occasion said gent let me in and I got to meet Andy. Andy was a diamond sticking ÂŁ20 notes in the pockets like it was change. Signed my mates jersey "Andy Goram no surrender". To this day I wish that jersey was mine. If I meet Andy again one day I'll ask him to sign my sons jersey in the same way. One of my favourite players of all time. The save against Hooijdonk was probably the best moment we've ever had at Celtic Park.

I had to get my old boy up to school and got told off for that by the headmaster but it was well worth it.

Q5: What lengths do you go to, to watch the club or find out our result (cutting short holidays, missing relatives’ weddings etc., that kind of thing)?

None, I can wait for the most part. If a game gets too tense I'll turn it off, learn the score later, and choose to watch the highlights (this only happens with Old Firm games).

Laudrup because he's the best I've ever seen. As of right now Wallace, Templeton and Lewis are the best we have. I met both Wallace and Templeton and they seem like very nice guys. Templeton gets too much of a hard time on here.

Q7: Who do you currently attend matches with? Where do you sit? Where did you used to watch games from at Ibrox Park?

I've given up my ticket until Ally's gone. I've had my concerns about Ally from the start but now I'm sure, he's he's doing more harm than good. I did say my reason for non-renewal was Ally and the shite football on the form so it had nothing to do with the board, etc.

Standing in the dugout during a late night tour and looking on to the stands is a big change of perspective. Seeing Ibrox at night when it's quiet in contrast to what it's like during a match is quite something.

These days I'd love to go to all away games but I have a 2 year old boy and can't do it. When he's older I'd love to sign us both up for a supporters bus.

I went to see Chicago Fire play Mexico in a friendly one time and it was great. It was the evening, I got pissed out of my head during the game, the Mexican wave ran the whole 90mins and I did every single one, lol. It was epic. A player for Mexico played in goals one half and saved a penalty, then as a striker during the second half. It was a great day, great game, loved it. Not so much to do with the stadium but my best experience outside of Ibrox is there.

I use to work at Tynecastle as a steward and seeing the Hearts fans was always a laugh. One guy abused the shite out of a LB they had for an entire year and I couldn't stop laughing. The Hearts v Hibs games were always fun too.

Rangers have always been with me, from a very young age. Remember even as a toddler being taught to sing Super Ally (how times have changed eh?) and kicking a Football whilst shouting Rangers in my snazzy Admiral kit. My Dad took me to my first trip to Ibrox in a game against Hibs, I was ill all the week running up to it and my Mum said I couldn't go, I begged her too let me go so she eventually caved in making sure I was wrapped up though in about three jumpers a big jacket and two scarves! We lost 1-0 with that cunt Darren Jackson scoring bu I was hooked after that - I remember being so excited to see Laudrup, Gazza and Super.

Yes. My Mum's side of the family is ninety nine point nine per cent Rangers, with my Grans side being of Ulster Protestant stock so mostly all good bluenoses bar one or two jump the dykes. My Dad side is a bit more mixed but the majority are bears, his Gran and Grandad were a mixed marriage so whilst my Grandad was brought up Protestant he didn't support Rangers like his auld man and supported Partick, my Dad was as well up until my Great Grandad took him to Ibrox one game and he never looked back.

Getting to Manchester and Helicopter Sunday score high but there's so many great times supporting the Gers whether it be beating the scum, watching the likes of Laudrup tear defences to shreds or even just having a good singsong with like minded people.

Nothing springs to mind immediately, used to refuse to wear anything with a hint of green in it and avoid eating green coloured sweets when I was younger. If I got a tube of smarties I'd throw out the green ones, kind of grew out of that one though haha!

Missed my Politics exam when I was at University so I could get to Ibrox early for the beamback of the UEFA Cup Final, if I had money at the time I would have went to Manchester as well but I was skint. Ended up dropping out of the course but I won't blame Rangers for that.

All time? That's a real tough one, early on it was Laudrup but really I wasn't young enough to appreciate him fully and it wasn't until years later I discovered what a player he was. I'm torn between Prso and Albertz for players who i watched regularly and enjoyed at the time.

Nowadays it would be Wallace or McLeod, Lee's been solid since he started and add to that Loyal to the Club. McLeod if he keeps his head down and keeps doing what he's doing could be a great player for years to come, especially if he's played central.

Last season I didn't renew my Season Ticket for financial reasons at the time and also because I was working a lot of weekends, so was basically buying tickets whenever I could get time off. Go with mates and occasionally my Dad, Copland or Broomie mostly recently. Have had a season ticket in the Copland, Govan and Broomie.

The hairs on the back of my neck still stand up when I see it to this day, memories instantly flood back of games gone past - big European Nights especially. Always filled with pride seeing Ibrox, a class above any other Stadium in this country with tradition and history that is second to none.

Not been to as many as I would like recently but try to get as many as I can, nothing better than being deep in enemy territory with thousands of bears standing side by side and giving it laldy!

Tynecastle, Easter Road, Pittodrie and the Piggery, all shiteholes but usually bring about a great atmosphere.

Q1...At high school.Most of my mates were Gers supporters and we used to travel through in the train at 14 years old.

Q2...my old grandpa was a bluenose and a lot of my uncles are as well.My old man was a Falkirk supporter but was in reality a bluenose.90% of my family although not all Rangers have a huge dislike of Celtic.

Q3.....so many,been attending Ibrox since 1976,but one of my first European games overturning a 0-1 defecit when we beat Juventus 2-0 stands out.I was at the aKiev game as well.

But taking my son to his first game years ago as a 7 year old and the look on his face will stand with me until the say i die..priceless.

Q4

Remember needing to miss a game for a golf outing that had been planned well in advance.It was in the run in to another league title in Watties time in charge.We were struggling so switched off my headphones on the course (think it was v St.Mirren).Then when walking up the 18th my Rangers supporting mates were jumping about as we scored a late goal.I knew then we would win the league..it was that important.needless to say i was pish that day.

Q5....When i was younger i followed them everywhere.Have been at Aberdeen without a ticket and remember trying to scale the walls etc.Some supporters even burned the old wooden gate they kept you out with.Was up the Aberdeen end when we finally won the league when big Tel scored.Decked out in my Rangers gear had a few bruises that day.Never like they cnuts.

Q6....Davie Cooper,left foot like a tin opener,infact i am currently reading his book.If he were not so introverted his sky was the limit.John Greig as manager gave him no favours ????

Q7....my mate i attended my first game with in 1976......our sons now come with us.

Q8....the sheer companionship amongst people i know you can trust.

Q9..years ago but not now....fck them all.

Q10..used to love the atmospere at Pittodrie,and had a soft spot for Old Kilbowie....

Basically from the school I attended and the friends I grew up with. I was born in London and my mother who is catholic divorced my father and moved back up to Glasgow with me and my brother when I was 4. My aunties and uncles, Grand parents and cousins were all catholic. The reason my mother never sent me and my brother to a catholic school was because she didn't want us to go through what she endured. Good ol' mum.

I think I might have answered that in Q1. Though my brother, his daughter, my son, my grandson (10) are true blue through and through, my daughter who is also of the Rangers mind married a T** and my other two grandsons (8 and 5) are unfortunately of the other persuasion. So not really much in the family.

Winning trophies and I've seen many bagged in my time. My first Cup Final was in 1969 at Hampden in the Scottish Cup and I was in the tim end at Hampden with my pal because we couldn't get a ticket for our end. We were 14 years old and had walked to Hampden from the Gallowgate. We left at half-time, you'll know why.

The highlights are many, but I'll never forget winning our first cup when big Derek who was about the same age as us heading the winner in 1970.

Can't help to tell this, but I wasn't from a well-off family (see Q1) and neither was ma wee bud, we used to walk it to Ibrox Stadium, get lifted over and see the game for free. Also we both smoked and we used to take an empty packet of fags each into the match and go round the terracing with a penny asking to buy a fag. 99 times out of 100 the bloke would give us a cigarette without taking the penny (some would give us two smokes) by the end of the match we'd be going home with a full packet each.

We took great pleasure in 'starting' a song at the game, it was always a joy for us to listen to the whole ground singing what we had started.

I missed three weddings in my family over the years because The Rangers were playing, they understood, it was never a problem.(I think!)

Willie Johnston - I used to try and be him on the park haha...favourite player now? Boyd I suppose.

The only games I go to now are when my son can't manage so I take the grandson, they are up in the 'Gods' Copland rear, I find it difficult to get up there but always manage.

In the 'old days' I always watched from the terracing near stairway 13, that's how I got in and out of Ibrox.

On the day of the disaster I for some reason had a ticket for the main stand and my wee bud and other pals had their terracing tickets at our usual place. We arranged to meet after the game at the other stairway that day and all went home unaware of what had happened.

I'll go for the same as the OP

Great memories.

Great players.

Amazing atmospheres.

Incredible managers.

Loyal support!!!

Not now.

Looking back it's got to be Easter Road, I think seeing the team win their first title there was something special and every time I went back it always felt very special to me.

Growing up in Kilwinning you only had two teams to pick from - Rangers and Kilmarnock. My dad left my mum when I was young, so I would look up to my elder brother instead, who was a Killie fan. Pre-primary school I was never really in to football, aside from wearing some of my brothers old Killie and Newcastle tops claiming I supported Kilmarnock. I used to spend every weekend with my gran watching Question of Sport on the TV, with her claiming Super Ally would some day be her "toyboy". Watching Ally on QOS and learning about his career with Rangers intrigued me. This new found fascination with Rangers was later cemented when I found out my father and late grandfather were die hard Rangers fans. Going to a non-denominational school where there were no Celtic fans, only like minded Rangers fans, also furthered my love for Rangers.

Plenty. Both sides of the family too. I was born in to a protestant family, who were heavily involved with the Orange Order.. but that's a story for another time.

UEFA Cup final, 2008. I remember watching every game in the build up to the final. But for some reason or another, probably due to the euphoria, I can't remember where or when I watched the final, still puzzles me to this day.

Due to certain circumstances, such as not having a father and my papa passing away before I was born, I had to wait until I was a teenager to experience my first game. I purchased my first season ticket at the beginning of season 2011/2012 and despite what was going on behind the scenes I enjoyed my time within BF1, when the groups were getting underway. To cut a long story short, I attended my first ever Old Firm game at the ripe old age of 15. With a bottle of the finest, MD 20/20 that is, it was off to the match with my mates. Cue us thrashing the earl haigs 3-2, to prevent them winning the league at Ibrox under the worst circumstances in our history, saw me getting huckled at full time with my scarf tied round my head in Rambo fashion, giving them an explosive "GIRUY" and a torrent of abuse for good measure. :lol:

Considered going to Linfield for a friendly and a good swally the night before my geography exam in 4th year. Ended up missing out because our Supporters Club never ran a bus over in the end up.

Had to spend two hours watching us chase Malmo up and down the park, in an Irish Bar of all places. It genuinely was the only place showing it in the wee seaside Spanish town I was holidaying in.

Alistair McCoist, MBE. However bad a manager, he is quite simply a longtime loyal servant to the club, a cracking person, a brilliant player and also a deadly goalscorer to boot. His television personality was also brilliant.

Lee Wallace, he deserves the captaincy and undoubtedly will deserve his place in the Rangers Hall of Fame in years to come.

Q7: Who do you currently attend matches with? Where do you sit? Where did you used to watch games from at Ibrox Park.

Due to finances and other commitments supporting Rangers is challenging these days. I used to sit in BF1 purely because I prefered standing during games, and would never knock back a sing song. :crabflute:

I envy the fans who are able to continually support Rangers home and away. I may not be able to attend every match in person, but I rarely miss a match thanks to the internet.

Walking along Edminston Drive from the where the supporters buses park is always a great privilege. The sight of the sandstone facade and the iron gates, along with the hordes of fellow supporters develops an indescribable fire in your heart. The usual stop and search at the BF1 gate only furthers your anticipation to get inside. The concourse may be bland and boring, but once you step out in to the actual stadium itself as the matchday songs are playing and the stadium is quicky filling, this is when you know you are home. Ibrox, home of Rangers FC, the worlds most successful football club.

Similar to mentioned above I was taken by my dad to Rugby Park to watch Killie v Rangers and told to pick one of the teams to support. We won 8-1 that day so the decision was not too difficult.

I am proud to say I have only ever supported and followed two teams in my life. The other being Kilwinning Rangers.

Come from a mixed family. My dad's side are all good blue noses, my dad was a season ticket holder in the west enclosure until ill health limited his ability to go to the games. Latterly my da would miss OF games because he could not handle them. I took him to the Legends match v AC Milan (never expected it to be sold out, so thought that would be easy for him) and the auld yin had tears in his eyes getting the chance to see Ibrox full again and watching Laudrup, Gough etc.....they were not really his favourite players (he always raved about Colin Stein) but they were at their pomp when he had to stop going to the games.

My mother's side support the other lot to varying degrees but football is never mentioned in the rare times I am in their company. My brother supports them but he lives abroad so I don't see him very much (football is not discussed much because it never ends well).

Parma, Leeds Utd, Sturm Graz, Club Bruge (aw Nissies goal, what a goal) gave me some crackin nights. Even the defeats v Juve, Man Utd, Bayern Munich were still memorable nights for different reasons however the highlight for me was being there when we won the league at their midden in 1999. What an amazing, surreal day.

Was in New York with the missus and mother-in-law for a pre-Christmas break. We had a CL group match against Inter Milan which would lead us to qualifying for last 16 for the first time. Anyway I managed to find a boozer in NY that showed the game, so I sent the wife and her maw away shopping and arranged to meet them afterwards for a meal then go to some Broadway theatre that the wife had tickets for. Inter had players like Adriano, Zanetti, Mihalovic (what a player), Pizarro and we still managed to do it. Anyway I ended up pished, was late meeting the wife and her maw (think it was about minus 5 and they were stood outside waiting for over an hour) missed the meal and then I slept through the show. I woke up happy though.

Another one was the 6-2 defeat against them. Few days after the match there was an article and photo in the Daily Sport under the headline "Ban the Bigots". I am there proud as punch giving the rotten mob pelters. I still have that picture hanging up in my garage.

I work offshore (on a ship) so I miss many games but I will always try to get the coverage or highlights somehow. I was in Oz last year for the SC semi v Dundee Utd but fortunately we were in port. I managed to get the details for the Perth RSC so finished my shift, grabbed a few hours kip then jumped in a taxi and watched the game. Made it back in time for my next shift although I was several hundred quid lighter due to the taxi fares (and it was not much fun watching it sober when everyone else was blazing).

I am a bit of an expert now in setting up tracking devices for satellite TV systems onboard vessels because I am forever trying to find out how to pick up obscure channels to try to get coverage of our games. Usually pisses other crew members off because they sometimes lose every other channel to try to pick up Setanta or Super Sport or something.

Plenty of favourites like Davie Robertson, Mark Walters, Michael Mols, Ronald de Boer, Stuart McCall, Laudrup and The Hammer but my all time favourite player was Super Ally. He just loved scoring for us, especially against the other mob.

My favourite current player is Lee Wallace however I really liked Kris Boyd (good Ayrshire blue nose) first time around so he might make it back into my favourites again.

Me and my 7 year old son have seats in the Main Stand. I have had a season ticket in the main stand for many years but I moved within the main stand to get two seats together with the bairn. As I mentioned earlier I work away from home for long periods so I miss a great deal of games however I try to get to as many games as I can when I am at home....eventually my boy will be able to get to the games himself so they seats will get used every week hopefully. My wife has no interest in football but she knows when the renewal comes in then she has to deal with it if I am away.....she has been warned when I peg it, I don't care what she does with the rest of my money, they seats have to be paid for every year.

Crisp winter evenings with the Champions League music blaring. Our stadium is perfect for those kind of nights.

Strangely enough, when I am home on leave and I am driving between my home and Glasgow I will nip off the motorway and just drive past the stadium because I miss it when I am away. The wife is used to it by now and does not even ask where I am going when I take my little detour (got lucky once when I done it and met Mr Advocaat outside the stadium one afternoon......what a gentleman he was).

I try to get to some away matches each year however I cannot plan for them due to my work so I have to rely on picking up tickets when and wherever I can. I also have to consider my family when I get home (anyone that works away from home will understand where I am coming from).

Dundee and Edinburgh are good days out but nothing is better than skelping the soapdodgers at that shambles of a stadium.

Superb stuff!!! :praise: Thanks for taking the time to reply guys! Will check out all the replies later tonight! (tu)

Here's the questions if anyone else wants a go but can't be arsed taking out all my text!! :lol:

excellent thread,not got time to answer them all.

started supporting the bears when I was still a cub,my late dad took me to a friendly between Chelsea and wokingham which Chelsea won at a canter,from then I picked the blue team and I've never looked back

quirkiest is match related,once at love st when it was still terraced I was right at back behind the goals when we scored,I got knocked off my feet and rolled down the grass hill,before I could get my bearings a hand came to me and it was a tramp who was living down there who just said 'one nil to Rangers then son?'

at the piggery,new years game an Spackman scores,ended up crowd surfing somehow and got passed along the top of the crowd to the aisle

got a loan of a season ticket for the Govan rear one day,about halfway through first half I needed a piss,so of I went,on way back to my seat I tripped on the stairs and landed on my coupon to a cheer from the enclosure,bit of a riddy that

favourite moments,being in section j the day Cooper hit the free kick v sheep

Dynamo Kiev will live with me forever

Nacho scoring that penalty in Fiorentina

Being there when Cooper destroyed Tampere

favourite player would have to be the great Cooper,but so many greats I could pick,Sandy,Ally,Gazza,Godrup etc

excellent thread,not got time to answer them all.

started supporting the bears when I was still a cub,my late dad took me to a friendly between Chelsea and wokingham which Chelsea won at a canter,from then I picked the blue team and I've never looked back

quirkiest is match related,once at love st when it was still terraced I was right at back behind the goals when we scored,I got knocked off my feet and rolled down the grass hill,before I could get my bearings a hand came to me and it was a tramp who was living down there who just said 'one nil to Rangers then son?'

at the piggery,new years game an Spackman scores,ended up crowd surfing somehow and got passed along the top of the crowd to the aisle

got a loan of a season ticket for the Govan rear one day,about halfway through first half I needed a piss,so of I went,on way back to my seat I tripped on the stairs and landed on my coupon to a cheer from the enclosure,bit of a riddy that

favourite moments,being in section j the day Cooper hit the free kick v sheep

Dynamo Kiev will live with me forever

Nacho scoring that penalty in Fiorentina

Being there when Cooper destroyed Tampere

favourite player would have to be the great Cooper,but so many greats I could pick,Sandy,Ally,Gazza,Godrup etc

I never had the choice, maw = Rangers fan that followed Rangers everywhere, Da = Rangers fan that followed Rangers everywhere. Both have fell away now, but me and the brother keep the tradition of following the club home and away alive.

My whole family is Rangers daft. My ma's side a wee bit quieter about it right enough. My maws da followed Rangers my gran and her two brothers never really bothered with football. Although one did support Rangers. His two boys are Rangers daft (cousins) and they still go to the football with me and my ST is next to them. My ma and da used to take us to the football when we were weans so thats probably why my cousins love the club so much.

My da's side are all Rangers mad, from his brothers to his da. My cousins are Rangers daft aswell.

There honestly has been too many to name. Not have Rangers just given me some of the greatest moments of my life sporting wise, some of the greatest trips etc have been following Rangers. I suppose my team playing in European final is up there, but for me winning that league title in 2005 will never be beaten. I spent the entire game in the upper that day praying. The big man answered my prayers. Other than my wee boy being born, or anything to do with my wee boy, Rangers easily would take my top 100 life moments so far, and I mean every spot.

In our first season in the third division, it was easily my most enjoyable season following Rangers. The fitbaw was/is pish, but the trips on our bus were brilliant. Anyway, two of my best mates are pretty much joint at the hips, and they go on the bus. We always joke their both a pair of benders etc, anyway one of them went to Australia with his burd for a few months during that season, and we had a long running joke going on about how the other one was missing him etc. I don't know if any of you ever watched Friends and seen the episode Joey moves out of Chandlers, and the song "all by myself" gets played and shows you the two of them depressed missing each other. So we used to sing all by myself to him, amongst a few other things. We went to Peterhead away, and I decided we would make up about 15 masks of the boy in Australia to take with us. We left at 6 in morning, pitch black, we decided to wait for the best moment for it, so we waited for about an hour and a half, the bus put on just another saturday film, after that the CD went on, a boy on the bus made the CD up and put "all by myself" on it as track 10 or something, so we're listening to the usual loyalist stuff just waiting for it, eventually we get a guy down the front to shout the boy down, we all stick the masks on and the song comes on. Absolutely hilarious all us with the masks on singing all by myself as he comes back up looking a wee bit embarrassed. He ended up sticking a mask to his chair and holding a bottle up to it and I think that's still his facebook photo to this day. :lol:

I'm the master of song making on our bus, don't care if anyone says differently! :lol: So I made up a song to when I was young I had no sense.

My mates names fergie and robbie.

Fergies gone, he's away,

he thinks of robbie every day,

whilst he's swimming wae sharks,

or hunting crocks,

all the the time, he thinks of robbies cock.

We're all easily amused I know. :lol:

Also stealing a plant from tesco/asda last season in Stranraer is just up there with some of the daft shit we get up to on this bus. I've got tons of stories, but that one is my highlight following Rangers.

Last season when we played Brechin or whoever it was we had from up that way last season, we went into a pub once we got up there and there was a pool table. So i stuck the 50p or a quid whatever it was into the table and set the table up, look around and there's now cues. So we ask the lassie behind the bar for the cues and she quite cheekily tells us no, incase we start anything? I said are you serious? can we speak to the manager. She tells us she is the manager and point blank refuses. So we don't order drinks steal the triangle, the balls and the chalk and take them to another pub. We set the balls up on the floor in this pub and start playing pool on the floor. :lol: Eventually the coppers come in and are pissing themselves and say they just want to get the balls back, they had a decent laugh about it to be fair.

We also stole a lighthouse ornament from an Abroath pub last season and one of the boys still has it in his back garden.

If we had made the cup final last season, I was getting a flight back from my holiday a day early to go. No if's or buts. Also I left my flute band for Rangers. They were parading somewhere, cannae mind where and we played Berwick away, no chance was I missing Berwick, so I ended up texting the bandmaster on the morning saying Rangers come first. He wasn't pleased, but they do, I'm not going to lie.

All time favourite player? Too difficult to choose. McCoist, Laudrup, Gazza, Albertz are up there. I used to dye my hair blonde as a wean for Gazza.

Current favourite? They are all embarrassments to the jersey.

I sit in the Copland Rear with my two cousins and one of their wee boys. I go to games on my supporters bus with all my mates. My cousins used to go on this bus, but fell out with someone so go on a bus from Bridgeton now.

Love the stadium, just not a fan of home games. Prefer away games, unless it's a CL night or a game against the bheggers. The atmosphere is terrible these days tbh.

I follow Rangers every week, home and away.

Pittodrie - Obvious reasons, long trip, brilliant atmosphere and full of hate. Love it!

Tannadice - as above.

Inverness - Long trip, but thats about it.

Easter Road - Brilliant atmosphere, love the hatred and you can booze on the streets. What's not to love?

Tynecastle - As above.

The Piggery - Not much beats scoring a goal at the piggery. Atmosphere is always brilliant.

First game was Colin Jacksons testimonial against Everton. Couldn’t believe the sound of the ground and it wasn’t even that full. That was me hooked.

Pretty much all of my family are Rangers fans with a few Airdrie fans thrown in for good measure. The missus is an Aberdeen fan though.

Ray Wilkins screamer against them in the 5-1 game will stay with me for ever.

Meeting Greame Souness and the rest of the players back in the 86/87 season, for a 13 year old that was mind blowing and feeling that Souness influenced the whole attiude a lot of Rangers fans of my age have to this day - we are Rangers, we don’t do second best at anything.

Having had the pleasure of watching Davie Cooper and Brian Laudrup.

Being in Florence and watching Nacho score the last penalty and then going mental with everyone else in the ground and then given a police escort to the Airport as we were on the flight right before the Team. Arriving at Glasgow Airport to be greeting with all the press, flashing cameras, etc as the players were coming through just after us - think the press weren’t chuffed we came out first.

The 2-2 game against them (Goughs toepoke in the last seconds) - the day before id been in the middle of the worst hurricane England had seen in god knows how long. The noise we made that day was nothing compared to the hurricane and when Graham Roberts started to conduct the choir it seemed even louder.

During the 92 Euro campaign I was with my then girlfriend doing the deed during the Marseille away game and lets just say "got distracted" as the game was on the tv in her bedroom and got caught a few times watching the game via a mirror!

Meeting Ally McCoist in Glasgow Airport after the Fiorintina game and thanking him for getting us to European Final, he shook my hand and said "No thank you big man, if it wasn’t for the fans we could never have done it" - Legend.

Ive missed a few weddings and christenings due to games, also planned holidays around games only for the tv schedules to change and then been scuppered and looking for bars showing the games.

Brian Laudrup - he is God, never saw a player before or since who can come close to him, on or off the pitch. Id still have him playing just now and reckon he could still do a job for us.

Lee Wallace - he is everything a Rangers players should be.

I was a season ticket holder for 28 years until this summer and it hurts that I decided not to renew but I will still be going to the games just not as a season ticket holder. I go to the games with 5 of my friends - 2 of us having been going to the games together since we were 14. Started off sitting in the Copland back in the 80s, moved to the East Enclosure and then finished off in the West Enclosure - always loved when we played them and being able to see their faces after we scored.

Rangers mean so much to me, they’ve saw me through good times and bad then same as ive saw them through good and bad - what springs to mind though is Davie Cooper at the end of the That Championship season video saying that this is only the beginning, Laudrup waltzing through teams, Gazzas hat trick against Aberdeen.

Going there with my Dad - who hadn’t been to Ibrox since the Disaster, but started to go again because I wanted to go and was too young to go myself.

Yes, get to at least a few each season

Old Broomfield - there was always something about there with the pavilion.

Superb stuff!!! :praise: Thanks for taking the time to reply guys! Will check out all the replies later tonight! (tu)

Here's the questions if anyone else wants a go but can't be arsed taking out all my text!! :lol:

Q1) From about the age of four or five. My Dad took me to Ibrox for the first time and ever since then I was attached to the place. When I walked up the stairs for the first time, it was just an indescribable feeling.

Q2) Yes. Just about everyone in my family either supports Rangers or has a preference towards them.

Q3) Got to be Manchester. Just a great experience to get to a European final.

Q4) Nothing in particular springs to mind at this moment.

Q5) Normally I schedule everything around when Rangers are playing. I won't book anything if I know we are.

Q6) All time favourite player is a difficult one, there are far too many legends to pick one for me. Probably Ally McCoist for his goalscoring.

Current favourite player is much easier though, got to be Lee Wallace. Showed great loyalty staying with the club and probably still our best player right now.

Q7) With my brother. Sit in the Govan stand now, used to be the Copland.

Q8) Greatest place on earth!

Q9) Not all the time, will go when I can get tickets and transport though. Normally attend a few a season.

Q10) Pittodrie and Tannadice. Normally get a good sash bash there. (tu)

Lack of detail in my answers I know but I tried to be as brief as possible or I'd be here all day. ;)

Great thread OP.