Govan stand to be renamed for Sandy

from the club website, for those who doubt:

Up next for the Light Blues after the midweek cup tie is the visit of Hearts for the opening day of the season on Sunday 10 August.

At that match the Club will unfurl the League One championship flag and honour the late Sandy Jardine, with the renaming of the Govan Stand in his honour.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7337-ticket-information-latest

from the club website, for those who doubt:

Up next for the Light Blues after the midweek cup tie is the visit of Hearts for the opening day of the season on Sunday 10 August.

At that match the Club will unfurl the League One championship flag and honour the late Sandy Jardine, with the renaming of the Govan Stand in his honour.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7337-ticket-information-latest

Have the UOF released a statement confirming it?

I know we all knew about the stand but aside from that, if the last home game of the season was Sandy Saturday then surely Rangers v Hearts on the 10th August is going to be Sandy Sunday.

Remember it was Sandy who unfurled the flag for us on the exact same date last year.

I hope both sets of fans get behind the occasion and make the man proud up there.

I for one am not interested in the animosity, well for this game anyway!

Olds news but what a tribute! People will be saying his name for years to come.

"Where you sitting?" "Sandy Jardine Stand"

"Where's the store?" "Between the Copland and Sandy Jardine Stand."

AND of course there will be young kids who sit in his stand and ask their parents/grandparents "Who's Sandy Jardine?". Even the young kids of the future will know about him. Amazing tribute.

We need more people like him around our club.

Although I haven't a great deal of time these days for Hearts following their part in the witchhunt, there are a couple of reasons for both sets of fans to come together at the first match. Sandy was a great servant to both clubs and I'm sure we will all want to remember him and show our appreciation of him on that day. Also, the 100th anniversary of the start of The Great War is around that time and I think both sets of fans would feel they have reason to do something to commemorate this anniversary and honour/remember those who served their country in it.