just met mark hateley

gogzy

Sat between Jim Baxter and Willie Henderson at Ibrox when i was a kid. They were great. Met Fergie as well some time later. We were both getting haircuts in Joe the Barbers in Cowcaddens. Also met Bud Johnston in a pub in Birmingham. He probably doesn't remember, we were both pished. :lol:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Played alongside Bomber at Livi Colts for a few years up to under-14/15. Had 6 of us on the front page of the DR when we went through for a trial at Rangers. None of us made it that time round. Lost the clippings during a flitting.

Neil McCann used to live in the house 40 yards away in the same street at the time he signed from Hearts. Went for beers, meals, go-karting with other bluenose neighbours. His laddie and mine were always playing football in our gardens.

Met a few others speaking at smokers/fundraisers in the masonic halls.

Me and my mate used to the do the Princess street thing every month were you start at one end and have a pint or 2 in each pub and try to make it to the end when one night we bumped into Andy Goram. Top bloke. I don't remember much but I remember him telling me at the time how much he hated Basil Boli. Goram Took photos of us all and even bought the pints. Had to laugh because I think he was in the papers at the time having cheated or some shit. His wife had blonde hair?? but the bird he met up with didn't!

Met Arteta on my 30th in some club in Glasgow. Me and my sis in law got a photo taken with him and we tried chatting but his English was shit. Bastard left us 2 days later. Never forgotten that one.

(not Rangers related)

My old man was a travelling rep and was always going down to the North of England. When I was younger and single I would often go down with him. My dad had got friendly with Bernie Slaven so one particular time we were invited to a posh place in Yam were we ate and drank with Gary Pallister and some others. I even got invited to go on holiday with them to Lanzarote but it all fell through with pre-season training and some other shit I can't even remember.

Last player I met was Lewis Macleod when he was man of the match -v- Montrose in the 3rd div. He came in to hospitality & was presented with his bottle of champagne. He was just a quiet wee lad at the time. I got a photo but chose not to be in it myself.

My daughter met Ally in a pub in the west end a couple of months back. She played it cool and just chatted, no hero worship.

rangers came down to sydney a few years back , 2010 i think, me & few wellington rangers went over from n.z for the aek athens & sydney fc games, i was the only one stupid enough to go to training session on thursday at leichard.

it was rained off & they decided to do a meet & greet instead.

i met & shook hands with walter smith, davie weir, kenny miller, maurice edu, kyle lafferty, i got my photo taken with the spl trophy with walter.

im shaking just talking about that

:21:

Davie Cooper. I did a fun run and Davie gave me my medal. He signed it for me and I was so starstruck I couldn't even speak! :lol:

A couple of weeks ago I went to pick my husband up from Stonehouse bowling club and he had been bowling against the legendary Tam Forsyth! Was sitting talking to him briefly while waiting for my other half finishing his pint!

Have met quite a few. The nicest was ian Ferguson. Was in the chippy in Erskine I was about 13 at the time and had a rangers jacket on. He tapped me on the shoulder and said hello to me and my mates. Wanted his signature but nobody had a pen so he told us to dropby his house in Erskine at 2 the next day. Will always remember hiding round the corner waiting for two o'clock nervous as fuck. When the three of us finally chapped the door him and his wife came out with juice and biscuits. He signed stuff for us and talked away for ages. True gent and made us young gers fans awe struck. Met him quite a few times after that and me and my mate used to run the ring road round erskine with him, he always wore a USA bandanna no idea why!

Met a few over the years: Greame Souness, Walter Smith, Davie Cooper, Jimmy Nicholl, Terry Butcher, Chris Woods, Ally McCoist, Mark Hately, Bomber, Ian Durrant, Ian Feguson, Albertz, Niemi, The Goalie

The strangest time was when i was about 18 and called to attend a meeting with Alistair Hood - after being lifted before an Old Firm game. So turned up there suited and booted with my Queens Badge award in my lapel. Was sitting out side his office and so were Durrant and Ian Ferguson, they asked what i done and i told them i had thrown up over a police man, they were in stitches, said that was the funniest thing they heard someone get lifted for! Went into see Mr Hood who advised that because i was in the Boys Brigade he wouldnt be following this up but would give me a 6 week ban so that i learned my lesson. What a bizzare day - star struck, anxiety, bemused and stunned all at the same time - needless to say i havent thrown up over a policeman again - so far.......... in saying that im not sure what Fergie and Durrant had done to be sitting there!

Gran used to work at Glen Eagles, and when I was a wee chap, I was up at her work, with her and my mum. Pretty late in the day, sitting in the lounge suited and booted were: Ally McCoist, Paul Gascoigne, Walter Smith, Mark Hateley, Stuart McCall & Trevor Steven.

Brian Laudrup and Boli, Gazza, Walter (he didnt stay) stayed at Cameron House timeshare homes when I worked there. Brian was a Gent and family man. I remember when all these players came all their deals where done and dusted before they moved to Ibrox in what was known as the Georgian Room.

Met Neil McCann whilst playing for Falkirk U17s.

We were all sitting in the Amarillo (the cafe in The Falkirk Stadium) with the Falkirk Tracksuits etc on, and we were all heading down toward the wee shitty astro turf pitches they have just next to the stadium, as we came out of the stadium, a big coach pulled in, STV were standing with their news cameras filming etc, Falkirk first team came off the bus, wee Neil got off after most of the team got off. Took the opportunity to get his autograph. Didn't want him signing anything Falkirk related, so I had him sign my Under Armour training top.

STV cut us out of the video they aired on telly :(