Gareth Bale

JamieD

BucZe2ZIcAE3WBF.jpg

Is carrying around this kind of muscle mass, at the speeds he does, really a good idea? Or, more to the point, necessary?

I remember Socrates, who was a doctor as well as a footballer of course, saying that he thought Ronaldo's transformation from skinny little teenager to ultra-powerful phenomenon was what wrecked his knees.

It's a case of a tan and a tensing pose v unflattering lying on bed pose which makes anyone look small (arms tensed when running)

Surprised if he's any bigger

And I'm not buying that Ronaldo thing at all, the guy probably doesn't weigh much over 13 stone (if at all). He's lean, not particularly big, or strong for that matter going by his documented workouts.

Well his arms do seem alot more toned than they did this time last season, it's clear he has been doing some work in the gym.

Not basing it just on the above but he was on SSN a few days ago with someone shaking hands can't remember who though and I thought he looked 'bigger'.

No Idea what impact it will have on him as a player though, I'm guessing he has pro's looking after him who know more than us.

BucZe2ZIcAE3WBF.jpg

Is carrying around this kind of muscle mass, at the speeds he does, really a good idea? Or, more to the point, necessary?

I remember Socrates, who was a doctor as well as a footballer of course, saying that he thought Ronaldo's transformation from skinny little teenager to ultra-powerful phenomenon was what wrecked his knees.

he's getting the best medical and fitness advice known to man with his weight and bmi consistently checked i think it will eventually help his game.

It's a case of a tan and a tensing pose v unflattering lying on bed pose which makes anyone look small (arms tensed when running)

And I'm not buying that Ronaldo thing at all, the guy probably doesn't weigh much over 13 stone (if at all). He's lean, not particularly big, or strong for that matter going by his documented workouts.

As far as Bale goes, you might be right, although he certainly looks more defined (and definitely much bigger than he was a few years back, if not bigger than September 2013).

On the Ronaldo point, I'm talking about fat Ronaldo (and I assume you're not, because you called him lean, present tense :lol: )

As far as Bale goes, you might be right, although he certainly looks more defined (and definitely much bigger than he was a few years back, if not bigger than September 2013).

On the Ronaldo point, I'm talking about fat Ronaldo (and I assume you're not, because you called him lean, present tense :lol: )

:lol:

Fucked it

:lol:

If I remember right, Socrates was saying he thought the damage was done at PSV, after they got this skinny little thing from Cruzeiro.

ronaldo-cruzeiro%20(2).jpg

TBH I doubt his end size/strength was the problem, but how they went about him getting there. Like too much work done in a short time (if Socrates was right)

Wish he could have stayed fit his whole career. Don't see Centre Forwards like him anymore.

Are his workouts online? What kind of stuff is he doing?

He's an absolute beast just now. Imagine what somebody like Rooney could achieve if he was as professional and applied himself like Bale has been since his move?

*cough* real Ronaldo *cough*

*cough* real Ronaldo *cough*

I just call him Ronaldo and call Cristiano Ronaldo "Cristiano Ronaldo". But then people get confused.

When people assume you mean Cristiano when you say Ronaldo, that's a sad indictment of western civilisation, in my opinion :(