New Manager Options

JamieG54

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably a no hoper, but I'd love to see Mark Hughes as Rangers manager one day. If we were in the Champions League, then I'd like to see that. He under-rated in my opinion, and his whole approach to the game would suit this club.

I actually think he is hugely over-rated.

I think this thread and the other about formations shows just why fans think they'd be good managers.

IMO the best manager for our club will be a foreigner with excellent contacts and knowledge of the lower European leagues. We aren't going to have a scouting department or money to buy players any time soon. Therefore someone with that knowledge is vital. Once we have good enough players to sell on I suspect we will become a stepping stone for talented youngsters moving from their native countries to the EPL. Hopefully we can make enough of a profit doing that we to sustain a better quality of player than our ST revenue would normally permit.

There is only one problem with that...almost every other club in Europe, out with the EPL, is trying to do the same thing.

Was discussing this with someone who is a family friend and he told me his cousin has one of the boxes at ibrox and is friends with one of the ex-chairman but couldnt remember his name but he told him that apparently when try to buy a player and the selling club wanted the full fee upfront, the full £125,000. We couldn't afford this so therefore no signing. If this is true and I dont have any reason to doubt it then we are stuck with McCoist for the season.

I'm not fussed about reputation, someone who hasn't had a chance or isn't well known in the UK but has a good track record abroad would be exciting enough for me.

I would like to see a open application, where we pick the manager with the brightest ideas, a clear vision and a real ambition to succeed above all the other candidates.

I'm not fussed about reputation, someone who hasn't had a chance or isn't well known in the UK but has a good track record abroad would be exciting enough for me.

I would like to see a open application, where we pick the manager with the brightest ideas, a clear vision and a real ambition to succeed above all the other candidates.

I'm with you on that. I think the mhanks may have had it right taking a pretty unheard of manager on. While time will tell if he proves to be a good appointment for them, shaky start in Europe aside, I think they are probably have the right idea. That said I of course hope he does atrocious and becomes another Tony Mowbray for them.

Agreed, I know it's not ideal to have the attitude that 'anyone would be better' but I really think after three years of this we need something fresh and I really don't think we would appoint anyone that could do worse

I think we can do better than McCoist at the moment, there are plenty of managers who could get us more organised and 'do a job' at a fraction of the cost that he does, but I don't think anybody who would apply or get the job is somebody who will be there long term either.

If you look around the forum every other person is on about wanting a young manager with this modern approach who will implement a new style and philosophy at the club (two things which are absolute pipe dreams at the moment) so how long of watching hammer throwing, ultra defensive football under somebody like Warnock, or the sort of bland workmanlike stuff that McCall serves up at Motherwell (the sort of names I think we will be strongly linked with if McCoist leaves) would it be before the same complaints we see now started again?

Frank and Ronald de Boer are gonna up sticks after winning 4 titles in a row and developing some of the most exciting players in the world to join Rangers.

Gary Neville as well deary me.

They suggestions aren't unrealistic they are just insane.

We would need a manager who has a philosophy and an attractive playing style who can integrate our youth players with experienced players and not just play folk because of their name or what they have done in the past, but purely on ability.

Ronald De Boer is only assistant manager in the youth set up at Ajax. so maybe he would be interested in the post.No chance of his brother though.

Bringing in the dutch ethics to our club would be great.

My choices would be:

1. R De Boer / Numan / GVB

2. Michael Laudrup / Brian Laudrup ( we would have to approach Michaels current team where he has 9 months left on his contract )

I don`t want McColl or Derek McInnes as I think we need a bigger name to help bring the fans back. A Souness effect type manager.

I`m also sure when the job was made available there would be a host of good candidates who we could chose from.

If we needed an interim for a few weeks I`d probably give jukebox the role on the back of him doing well with the youths.

Ian Murray

Derek McInnes

Henning Berg

Derek Adams

Eddie Howe

Neil McCann

Arthur Numan

Ronald De Boer

I'd be absolutely delighted if we appointed any of these guys.

Brilliant :lol:

A few weeks ago you'd have probably had to do a google search to find out where Henning Berg was managing but now after beating them twice he's a managerial candidate.

Brilliant :lol:

A few weeks ago you'd have probably had to do a google search to find out where Henning Berg was managing but now after beating them twice he's a managerial candidate.

We once signed a striker who ripped them apart in Europe weeks earlier and he turned out alright.

Maybe not a bad tactic to go on ;)

I would say my cat with a magic 8 ball for tactics and me as assistant manager. Can't be that worse surely.

Realistic ones, would say open it up and see who applies, maybe talk to the Laudrup brothers and see if they could, would be a good move in my mind. Not too keen on another Rangers man at this time but someone with good ideas could be given a good chance.

Just think we need a change of ethos in this club now, not sure who would want to be put in our position though with all the financial and fan issues.

I would say my cat with a magic 8 ball for tactics and me as assistant manager. Can't be that worse surely.

Realistic ones, would say open it up and see who applies, maybe talk to the Laudrup brothers and see if they could, would be a good move in my mind. Not too keen on another Rangers man at this time but someone with good ideas could be given a good chance.

Just think we need a change of ethos in this club now, not sure who would want to be put in our position though with all the financial and fan issues.

Take it you don't know Michael has a job in Qatar?