New Manager Options

JamieG54

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that everyone aggressively desires a manager that has experience of working with absolutely no money?

You do realise that our manager will have the biggest/second biggest budget of everyone in the country?

Think it's because we won't have the budget to even touch the bheasts when we get back so it's going to take someone who is astute in working with tight finances to get us challenging them.

I doubt we will have very much to spend at all when we are back and we will require a near 8-9 players to come in who are good enough to make a title challenge.

Why is it that everyone aggressively desires a manager that has experience of working with absolutely no money?

You do realise that our manager will have the biggest/second biggest budget of everyone in the country?

I think any new manager is going to have to work with what he has.

We have no money and a load of overpaid players who aren't going to shift easily because they know that they are on the deals of their lives

Even if we let the ones who's deals are expiring at the end of this season go I can't see the board sanction like for like replacements in terms of wages on offer.

To some of the names mentioned they would still be working with more money than they have ever had before, but to a lot of the names people are throwing about on here what we can offer them in terms of budget probably would be considered next to nothing.

Really don't fancy Stuart McCall, not gonna take us forward long term.

Actually don't want anyone currently working in Scottish football.

For me, someone like Alan Stubbs, someone working down south with a fresh outlook with a point to prove, lot's of new initiative ideas, working at a Club who work with top talents like Stubbs with your John Stones' and Ross Barkley's of the world. Someone that isn't scared to play attacking football. I think that's what the club needs and what we should have went for after Walter left.

If McCoist does leave I think a lot of people are going to be pretty disappointed and underwhelmed with what we will probably end up with as a replacement.

Only if they have high expectations.

I'm pretty sure most will be pleased and happy we will hopefuilly get someone who knows how to manage a team and be fair when picking the side.

Just because we might not be able to get a high profile name is no reason to keep on someone who is miles out of his depth IMO.

Really don't fancy Stuart McCall, not gonna take us forward long term.

Actually don't want anyone currently working in Scottish football.

For me, someone like Alan Stubbs, someone working down south with a fresh outlook with a point to prove, lot's of new initiative ideas, working at a Club who work with top talents like Stubbs with your John Stones' and Ross Barkley's of the world. Someone that isn't scared to play attacking football. I think that's what the club needs and what we should have went for after Walter left.

Stubbs is at Hibs

Only if they have high expectations.

I'm pretty sure most will be pleased and happy we will hopefuilly get someone who knows how to manage a team and be fair when picking the side.

Just because we might not be able to get a high profile name is no reason to keep on someone who is miles out of his depth IMO.

I'm not saying it is, I want McCoist to step down, but looking at some of the names people think are ''realistic" then I think there's going to be a lot of negative feeling among a good portion of people when he does leave because we aren't in a position to attract about 95% of the names being thrown out on here.

People still think we are top of the SPL level Rangers and at the moment we aren't and that's going to have a huge baring on the quality of candidate that we can attract.

If McCoist does leave I think a lot of people are going to be pretty disappointed and underwhelmed with what we will probably end up with as a replacement.

I wouldn't be disappointed I would get a buzz about the fresh start etc.

It will probably be a manager that we don't get excitement about but that excitement comes with the change of management

I wouldn't be disappointed I would get a buzz about the fresh start etc.

It will probably be a manager that we don't get excitement about but that excitement comes with the change of management

I'm sure any excitement or optimism over a new manager would be sucked out of a lot of people the instant that somebody like Jimmy Calderwood or Neil Warnock was announced as the new manager, and that's exactly the sort of person I think it would be.

I'm sure any excitement or optimism over a new manager would be sucked out of a lot of people the instant that somebody like Jimmy Calderwood or Neil Warnock was announced as the new manager, and that's exactly the sort of person I think it would be.

The next manager will no doubt be low key but regardless they will be a huge upgrade on what we have so that alone will see me and no doubt many others get a lift.

A half decent manager of any note could do a whole lot more with the squad we have and the club as a whole would get a lift from it IMO.

The next manager will no doubt be low key but regardless they will be a huge upgrade on what we have so that alone will see me and no doubt many others get a lift.

A half decent manager of any note could do a whole lot more with the squad we have and the club as a whole would get a lift from it IMO.

Agreed, I know it's not ideal to have the attitude that 'anyone would be better' but I really think after three years of this we need something fresh and I really don't think we would appoint anyone that could do worse