Rangers first

now then forever

Admin requested that I add initials to the end of the post to differentiate and we have been

I'm GM - Greg Marshall.

If admin requests us to do it then I shall.

I was just suggesting that it might be something you would want to do to allow you both and the pub to keep your clear identities. Yeah the initials is better than nothing, though RM is an unfortunate coincidence. :lol:

p.s. Once you join up to RF we can talk re: more sponsorship lol :)

Hoist by my own petard. :(

What I will do is set up a Direct Debit on my own Sharedealing account to buy some RFC shares monthly. If and when the time comes when RF need my shares urgently, then I might be open to persuasion. :D

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

As I mentioned the last time I was trying to persuade you all...

If I were involved in setting this scheme up, I would very clearly steer it towards helping fans buy and own their shares, then giving us their proxy.

That is the only honourable way I can see the scheme working.

Since they haven't entertained that notion, they are very far from my viewpoint, and will therefore also stay very far from my wallet.

You made the case so simply - and yet folk still don't get it! Well done as usual

@RangersFirst: by our estimate our purchase today makes us the 15th largest shareholder....

....only way is up.

Join now http://t.co/dQ8MVBq23c

Im sure you are all chuffed with that so well done to you.

What names can you put to the shareholders with a bigger stake than RF?

I reckon GB is right and you should be targeting the fans to get their proxies, if its allowed.

You have nothing to lose from doing this

I would like to see the fan shareholders form a group to operate in tandem (where appropriate) with Rangers First. There will be issues where the vast majority will want to act / vote in unison. When such is the case we need to have those shareholders to vote with us. If some give their proxy to R First then fine but for those who wish to retain their own voting rights then we need to get them to use that right for the benefit of RFC.

RangersFirst

Your purchase was successful

Description Terms Amount

RangersFirst – Subscription → RangersFirst - The Supporter

£10.00 GBP for the first 3 days

Then £10.00 GBP for each month

Effective Date: 1 Nov 2014 £10.00 GBP

Note

The details of this transaction are stored in your PayPal account for easy access anytime. For details log in to https://www.paypal.com/uk.

Contact Information

Business Name: RangersFirst

Contact Email: welcome@rangersfirst.org

Contact Phone: 0141 416 0234

I would like to see the fan shareholders form a group to operate in tandem (where appropriate) with Rangers First. There will be issues where the vast majority will want to act / vote in unison. When such is the case we need to have those shareholders to vote with us. If some give their proxy to R First then fine but for those who wish to retain their own voting rights then we need to get them to use that right for the benefit of RFC.

The shareholders proxy group was something we spoke about at the last steering group meeting we had before the handover to the new board.

Hopefully that will be something that RF is progressing with as I would like to see it.

GM

Re: the trust aspect.

RF legally can do nothing other than benefit the Rangers community. It is a legal safeguard that is a result of being a CIC. There is a specific regulator who will look into the conduct of RF and monitor that they are doing what they should.

I presume the RST don't have the same legal safeguards in place as setting up a merchandising operation to rival the clubs will not be benefitting the Rangers community

I presume the RST don't have the same legal safeguards in place as setting up a merchandising operation to rival the clubs will not be benefitting the Rangers community

In your misguided opinion it won't! Anyway what does this have to do with the thread? You just can't help yourself from being divisive!

i joined in august this year and do hope more will join in the future,if they could have some people ootside at home games handing out flyers and answering questions i would think many more fans would sign up which i think would be good for our club in the long run :pipe:

i joined in august this year and do hope more will join in the future,if they could have some people ootside at home games handing out flyers and answering questions i would think many more fans would sign up which i think would be good for our club in the long run :pipe:

Ive been banging on about this on twitter for some time mate (tu) something is now being planned on this....