The Story So Far...

The Godfather

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the f*** Paralta started tonight is a mystery but Ally paid the price for a shocking team selection and Paralta involved in three goals.Two wide men on the bench yet Ally starts a left back and a centre mid on the flanks and both gave nothing to the team. Aird should have started and if Templeton is only an impact player in the championship then spfl is a step too far for him so get him to shape up or ship out.

Exactly!

We've managed to scrape by in many games purely as we have a much higher paid / level of player than the teams we have been playing. We kept hearing that we were winning and that was all that matters, while being subjected to utter mince game after game. All the while people not realizing (or in may cases choosing not to realize) the fact we have scrapped by doing this while Ally has shown hardly one bit of tactical ability or really any sort of idea of how to make team selections. Nor produce an ethos or style even loosely resembling football, save very few occasions.

The Scottish premiership is no La Liga, however, it's still of a far higher standard than the old division two or three. Even thought we were scraping many a game whilst playing atrocious football, with some of the personal / positional choices he has made and the guff we have been subjected to, I have absolutely no idea what made people think everything wouldn't go down the pan when we were back there. Even then we'd still have a budget every club bar that mob in the SPL can only dream of, and it's starting to look like even the fucking Championship might be a huge struggle.

I genuinely think some people were expecting him to have some sort of road to Damascus moment, because he's made a right royal fuck up of virtually every major cup test he has had, all the while producing a handful of decent performances over the course of about three years in the league. Most of those games being against plumbers and joiners.

The more worrying part is, say we manage promotion due to a Hearts collapse or take more points from the diddies than they do and scrape it. Can you imagine these tactics and team selections when we get back to the Premiership! We need to get back there as soon as possible, but the thought of him managing us there with this mob is truly vomit educing. It's fucking embarrassing enough as it is at the moment. The real sick part of that is, the former is by far and away not a forgone conclusion.

Someone quoted Keith Jackson at 1.6m to get rid of McCoist.

Best money we could spend - get him to fuck.

Perhaps we should start a "McCoist Severance Fund" (I'd be happy to donate fifty to get rid) and try to shame the bastard into leaving?

The board are impotent or blind, Wallace is a fucking joke and nothing will happen until promotion has been blown.

We need to take the initiative - it is OUR club FFS

In season 1 he blew a 15 point lead in the space of two months, dropping points against the likes of Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Mirren(x2), Aberdeen and celtic. We started well but that was with a team who had won the double the previous season, as soon as he put his stamp on the team we started regressing massively. Administration and off field issues covered up what was a poor campaign.

Season 2. He dropped points against Annan(x2), Peterhead(x2), Berwick, Stirling Albion(3!), Elgin and Montrose(x2) That is absolutely disgraceful with the squad he had at his disposal. This is without blooding youngsters.

Season 3. He went undefeated playing atrocious football. So what? Look at the opposition.

In the cups:

Season 1

Fucked out the Champions League by Malmo

Fucked out the Europa League by Maribor

Humiliated in the League cup by Falkirk

Embarrassed by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup

Season 2

Humiliated by QOTS in the Ramsdens

Humiliated by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup

Humiliated by Inverness in the League Cup

Season 3

Humiliated by Raith in the Ramsdens

Humiliated by Forfar in the League Cup

Fucked out by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup. AGAIN.

Now in the current season we are only a few months in and already:

Humped by Hearts at Ibrox

Humped by Hibs at Ibrox

Our two main rivals for this league and they have wiped the floor with us in our own back hard....never mind the fact Hibs have been woeful ever since the last time we played and yet they still rode us tonight.

Seriously how much more can we put up with from this man? When will he do the decent thing? I mean surely Mr Rangers isn't holding out for a payoff is he? He wouldn't be the type to bleed us dry would he? Well the longer he digs his heels in the more I'm thinking he's got £ signs in his eyes.

Overall:

He's made the same mistakes time and again and has shown no signs of improving. He's a dud, he shows zero desire or fight in the dugout and just stands arms folded not doing a single thing to sort the mess he's made out. Times up its time to give this club the manager it deserves and not some talentless former goal king who likes to crack jokes and ruin good footballers.

Nobody can argue with that. Ally has to fucking go

I wanted to wait until this morning before commenting on last night's debacle. Having just read McCoist's comments I really fear for our future - not just this season, but for as long as he remains in charge.

According to McCoist it was simply a bad day at the office. Awful defending that we'll just have to put right - SIMPLE EH! The fact that he hasn't the skill or ability to put ANYTHING right seems to have escaped him.

The fact is that we're a poor, poor team - a sad, and embarrassing reflection on the great teams of the past. A team filled with wanabe's who, in days gone by, would not have been allowed anywhere near Ibrox.

But McCoist's determination to remain at the helm whilst the ship sinks into oblivion, is becoming typical of a man who sees no fault in his management (or that of his coaching team) but fault in everyone else. Yes, our defence is a shambles, but so is our midfield and our strike force. In fact the team is a disorganised rabble just waiting to point the finger at one another when things go pear shaped. That is McCoist's fault - no one else's.

The inescapable fact is that Hibs humiliated us from start to finish. They were the better team BY FAR. They played us off the park, and looked better, quicker, fitter and more skillful in every department. They were organised, efficient, clinical and technically proficient - everything, in fact, that we are not!

From our training regime to the attitide of the players on the park, everything is WRONG at Rangers. No heart, no soul, no committment, no guts and no fire - and, above all, no talent, skill or abilty with, perhaps, the possible exception of one or two obvious players.

Standing with his arms folded for most of the match, McCoist looks lost - totally devoid of any ideas - a man waiting for the axe to fall (and his compensation cheque to arrive) rather than do the honest (and decent) thing and resign.

This was a debacle just waiting to happen. What surprises me is that it took this long for us to be trounced this season. We all knew in our hearts that this was inevitable, and last night cruelly exposed all of the cracks - every last one of them!

Unfortunately, there is more to come. There's no chance that we won't suffer further humiliations. Whether or not they seriously impact on our chances of winning this league, only time will tell. But I can't help but ask myself how we will survive in the 'big league' (how pathetic eh?) if we eventually get there.

Sad days indeed. For me this is the worst manager and the worst team I've witnessed in my 40 years as a Rangers fan.

The thing is we might not survive another year in this league, crowds are already poor compared to seasons gone by in lower leagues...it's just going to get worse.

We can't keep letting this man leech onto us because he's seriously harming our chances of getting back to where we need to be.

It's beyond loyalty now, it's total incompetence by the board and the man himself.

Disagree. A lot of players out of contract this year. Failure to get promoted may be bad financially but a new manager may renew passion for some supporters. That manager may also get to bring his own players in if the likes of Mohsni, Smith, Foster and others are told to bolt. Whilst I wouldn't like to see us not get promoted, it might not be the worst thing to happen if it gets rid of ally and his duds.

I wanted to wait until this morning before commenting on last night's debacle. Having just read McCoist's comments I really fear for our future - not just this season, but for as long as he remains in charge.

According to McCoist it was simply a bad day at the office. Awful defending that we'll just have to put right - SIMPLE EH! The fact that he hasn't the skill or ability to put ANYTHING right seems to have escaped him.

The fact is that we're a poor, poor team - a sad, and embarrassing reflection on the great teams of the past. A team filled with wanabe's who, in days gone by, would not have been allowed anywhere near Ibrox.

But McCoist's determination to remain at the helm whilst the ship sinks into oblivion, is becoming typical of a man who sees no fault in his management (or that of his coaching team) but fault in everyone else. Yes, our defence is a shambles, but so is our midfield and our strike force. In fact the team is a disorganised rabble just waiting to point the finger at one another when things go pear shaped. That is McCoist's fault - no one else's.

The inescapable fact is that Hibs humiliated us from start to finish. They were the better team BY FAR. They played us off the park, and looked better, quicker, fitter and more skillful in every department. They were organised, efficient, clinical and technically proficient - everything, in fact, that we are not!

From our training regime to the attitide of the players on the park, everything is WRONG at Rangers. No heart, no soul, no committment, no guts and no fire - and, above all, no talent, skill or abilty with, perhaps, the possible exception of one or two obvious players.

Standing with his arms folded for most of the match, McCoist looks lost - totally devoid of any ideas - a man waiting for the axe to fall (and his compensation cheque to arrive) rather than do the honest (and decent) thing and resign.

This was a debacle just waiting to happen. What surprises me is that it took this long for us to be trounced this season. We all knew in our hearts that this was inevitable, and last night cruelly exposed all of the cracks - every last one of them!

Unfortunately, there is more to come. There's no chance that we won't suffer further humiliations. Whether or not they seriously impact on our chances of winning this league, only time will tell. But I can't help but ask myself how we will survive in the 'big league' (how pathetic eh?) if we eventually get there.

Sad days indeed. For me this is the worst manager and the worst team I've witnessed in my 40 years as a Rangers fan.

I said just last week.Ally cant have any friends.If i seen my mate so out of his depth i would tap him on the shoulder and say come on mate.BUT ALAS, WEE have seen ex players come out and defending this waste of space manager.Not only has he fucked our team up . And made himself a very rich man.But i think he would do the same thing if Charles Green came back .Saying he's not a bad chap at all.Rangers man?not for me

We could talk about his signings too

Shiels

Black

Templeton

Sandaza

Kyle

Faure

The Greek

Cribari

Daly

Smith

Foster

Simmonsen

Bell

Peralta

Moshni

Zaliukas

Miller

Boyd

Law

McGregor

Ortiz

Bedoya

Goain

Bocanegra

Celik

Aluko

McKay

I am sure there are a few I’ve missed but the bulk of that have been huge failures and have cost us a small fortune since Ally has taken control of our club. It’s just nowhere near good enough is it?

Know what I only just noticed when watching old season reviews (when Walter was in charge), he was actually very animated on the touchline.

These days I take one glance and he just stands there arms folded and gave the occasional thumbs up to the UB when they were there.

someone on here has the gif that shows Walter in the stand next to Durrant - he spots something wrong on the park, and gets Durrant to run and deliver the changes.

For me that shows everything that Walter was that ally is not: the ability to spot formational or tactical issues quickly, passion - and having the personal authority and respect (tinged with fear?) that makes a grown man like Durrant run away with his tail between his legs to deliver the message Wattie wanted without a second thought.

Managers prove their worth in high pressure, big game situations and up to this point McCoist has failed to do so on just about every occasion one if those situations has presented itself to him.

I simply wouldn't trust him with the sort of money that's going to be required to make us challengers for the SPL and he's never going to be tactically astute enough to take us into the group stages of either the Europe League or the Champions League.

I honestly thought he would come undone next season and that the strength of our resources would be the main factor in seeing us through this season, but it's evidently not working and we now face an uphill battle to achieve automatic promotion (not doing so would be another embarrassment for the club).

The time for whatever sentiment anybody had left is over. We need a change in the dugout and we need it quickly.

Managers prove their worth in high pressure, big game situations and up to this point McCoist has failed to do so on just about every occasion one if those situations has presented itself to him.

I simply wouldn't trust him with the sort of money that's going to be required to make us challengers for the SPL and he's never going to be tactically astute enough to take us into the group stages of either the Europe League or the Champions League.

I honestly thought he would come undone next season and that the strength of our resources would be the main factor in seeing us through this season, but it's evidently not working and we now face an uphill battle to achieve automatic promotion (not doing so would be another embarrassment for the club).

The time for whatever sentiment anybody had left is over. We need a change in the dugout and we need it quickly.

I have known deep down for a long time he would need replaced eventually especially in the top flight but I never for one minute thought we’d be struggling to keep the pace up with a Hearts team who were relegated and lost the bulk of their first team squad in the summer. I mean if we are struggling against these kinds of teams then what is going to happen when the level goes up and we come up against Celt*c? McCoist and the team he has assembled have nothing about them that suggests to me they could handle such an occasion or challenge, It would be almost criminal to allow that to happen.

Last night we came up against a team who had not won away all season and struggled badly to score goals yet at HT we were 3-0 down at Ibrox….that’s just not acceptable. How can you go from winning a game against top flight opposition one week then being hammered by a team in the bottom of our own division? Why is our manager playing guys out of positions and leaving flair players on the bench when we are screaming out for creativity and directness?

It’s bad enough if this was just a one off but it’s been happening multiple times every single season under McCoist’s reign as manager, a good win against a good side is a fluke tbh…more often than not we crumble and appear gutless to the challenge…you can’t take a team and that management into the Premiership….you just can’t!

In season 1 he blew a 15 point lead in the space of two months, dropping points against the likes of Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Mirren(x2), Aberdeen and celtic. We started well but that was with a team who had won the double the previous season, as soon as he put his stamp on the team we started regressing massively. Administration and off field issues covered up what was a poor campaign.

Season 2. He dropped points against Annan(x2), Peterhead(x2), Berwick, Stirling Albion(3!), Elgin and Montrose(x2) That is absolutely disgraceful with the squad he had at his disposal. This is without blooding youngsters.

Season 3. He went undefeated playing atrocious football. So what? Look at the opposition.

In the cups:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Humped by Hibs at Ibrox

Our two main rivals for this league and they have wiped the floor with us in our own back hard....never mind the fact Hibs have been woeful ever since the last time we played and yet they still rode us tonight.

Seriously how much more can we put up with from this man? When will he do the decent thing? I mean surely Mr Rangers isn't holding out for a payoff is he? He wouldn't be the type to bleed us dry would he? Well the longer he digs his heels in the more I'm thinking he's got £ signs in his eyes.

Overall:

He's made the same mistakes time and again and has shown no signs of improving. He's a dud, he shows zero desire or fight in the dugout and just stands arms folded not doing a single thing to sort the mess he's made out. Times up its time to give this club the manager it deserves and not some talentless former goal king who likes to crack jokes and ruin good footballers.

Other than that, he's done quite well. :lol:

No seriously, thats a brilliant post.

He has now got nothing to stay for, other than cash.

It is abundantly clear he is not up to the job, he is taking the team backwards and tarnishing his own legendary status in the process. Remaining in post can only make all that worse.

I wouldn't like to see fans hating him. He doesn't deserve that, but it will happen if he continues.

For his sake and ours, he should go and take his ridiculously expensive sidekicks with him.

When it comes to replacing him, we must face the fact we don't have a lot of cash and can't repeat the same salary mistakes with a new guy. To that end we must live within our means and look to find a manager good at working with lower budgets, and good at spotting players and building teams. Sounds a lot easier than it will be, but the footballing side will never progress til we do.

That is the kind of manager we need in future anyway. We may go through a couple to find the right one (hopefully not) but its a price we must pay.

There is no easy solution to this, unless SAF owes somebody big time, but we face a lot of pain anyway so it might as well be in removing the bullet as treating the wound.

In the cups:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Humped by Hibs at Ibrox

Overall:

This is all true and doesn't even account for some of the utterly woeful performance.

Let's not forget being 1-0 down to ALBION ROVERS at IBROX in March and only managing to snatch a draw from a dodgy goal.

To be completely honest, he should have been sacked after Karaoke gate. Never been so embarassed and hurt as a Rangers fan by what he did that night.

He's milked the club for long enough now and we're being set back every week he's there, time to pack your bags son! Even if we did go up, what state is he leaving our club in?? We've pished millions away in three years and got feck all in terms of team structure to show for it. Team is STILL full of hasbeens that we either have to pay off or that have no sell on value because no one wants them. The one thing he should have been adamant on when demoted was how we could improve everything within the club. Unfortunately, we're a fucking shambles from top to bottom. :(

Last night we came up against a team who had not won away all season and struggled badly to score goals yet at HT we were 3-0 down at Ibrox….that's just not acceptable. How can you go from winning a game against top flight opposition one week then being hammered by a team in the bottom of our own division? Why is our manager playing guys out of positions and leaving flair players on the bench when we are screaming out for creativity and directness?

This is another maddening part. As others have said, I think he really believed this would be a toughie and set our stall up to bore them into submission with pish for 45 minutes and maybe get a 1-0 or a 2-0 nil in the second half. It's gone spectacularly tits up and he doesn't have the tactical ability or managerial skill to get us out of that massive hole.

I can see no other reason (not that I agree with it in any shape or form) to set up the way he did with that personnel, especially on the wings. Smith's abilities to drive forward have clearly waned through the years after injuries, while Peralta looks about as comfortable on the right wing as a turkey does at Christmas.

This whole debacle is descending into farce. He is virtually untouchable and he seems to know it full well. It really would sicken your mince.

Does anyone know what Newman is doing now?

I think he's still involved in the Holland set-up. He was / is involved with the B team or U21s last I heard.