McCoist promotion through playoffs acceptable

cumnockbear

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest here McCoist has brought a lot of this upon himself, we had a chance to build for the future and we have blown it....

Even if we win promotion and are in top league next year McCoist will be happy avoiding relegation this is the mentality he has brought to the club and players...

Anyone who thinks McCoist is our answer long term need to take a hard look in the mirror, for his own credibility he should go but he won't he has an ego of stuberness.

Am I wrong in thinking I want us to draw or get beat by livy in order to get rid of this fud ? I actually can't believe im even thinking this !

You are wrong. Nothing would please me more than for Ally to prove us all wrong, turn this season round and go on to greater things as a manager. I've seen nothing to suggest that he will turn it around but I hope for all our sakes he does.

i'd rather we move up via play offs than spend another season in the championship.

that said...i think it's fucking ridiculous that we should even be thinking about it. if we're to move up it should be by winning the league. we've started accepting mediocrity! when have we settled for second place?

now the players will be thinking "doesn't matter if we don't win the league as long as we get into the play offs". that sort of mentality doesn't belong to someone playing in a rangers jersey. when you pull it on you play to win top place.

if this is what ally is happy to aim for then he can just fuck off.

You then sir are the worst kind of "supporter".

You are wrong. Nothing would please me more than for Ally to prove us all wrong, turn this season round and go on to greater things as a manager. I've seen nothing to suggest that he will turn it around but I hope for all our sakes he does.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Enough of the birthday card pish, there are a lot of fans who share his view, if another defeat gets this clown to fuck, so be it.

Clearly the journalist asked him a leading question, but he's been in the job and at the Club long enough to know better when it comes to responding to that shite.

He should just have dismissed it, saying it wasn't an appropriate question at this stage in the season.

He just looks and sounds less and less like a Rangers manager with every word and action these days.

He knows well enough about the standards and expectations at this Club and the level we're playing at as well.

He's just not meeting expectations in any sense at this moment in time.

That answer is almost like a response from a man trying to talk himself out of a job.

If he said that we'd have another thread exactly like this calling him a liar, deluded etc and all the generic insults from the same people directed towards him.

It has been like this for years, and now recently the majority do it. Showing a specific thread for all this where like minded can disect every syllable for negativity at their leasure, without people pointing out faults in their indignation, would be appropriate.

Today Ally can call something black and be insulted for it. Tomorrow he could call it white and the same people will insult him. He could then say it's grey and receive the same toxic outbursts. No matter what he says individuals have shown they will latch on to anything. Whether he said it, implied it or didn't.

For the record he didn't bring up the play offs question, and never said it would be acceptable or our aim.

Your spot on Al .He can't win and yes he must go .

Clearly the journalist asked him a leading question, but he's been in the job and at the Club long enough to know better when it comes to responding to that shite.

He should just have dismissed it, saying it wasn't an appropriate question at this stage in the season.

He just looks and sounds less and less like a Rangers manager with every word and action these days.

He knows well enough about the standards and expectations at this Club and the level we're playing at as well.

He's just not meeting expectations in any sense at this moment in time.

That answer is almost like a response from a man trying to talk himself out of a job.

No what he should have said is, "I manage Rangers, second best hasn't ever been acceptable at this club, and that's not going to change under my leadership".

"Let the others come after us, we welcome the chase"

"Did you go into that second half confident?" "I was confident before it started son!"

To...

"I don't care if we finish second best in the second tier of Scottish fitbaw, as long as we win the play off" :anguish: